Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 2 }
(09-17-2023, 06:28 PM)KyBengalfan94 Wrote: Burrow should be calling the plays not Zac Taylor.  I'm sick of this shit

Actually it is a 3 headed monster..Taylor Callahan  a d Burrow on play calling .. maybe we should limit who
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 07:53 PM)Tony Wrote: He's not fine. He won't play for weeks. Just watch

Good. He didn’t say anything about this calf after the week one debacle because I think he really believed they’d breeze this week. But we didn’t. Physically, he looked fine, but he played like ass again and *now* he’s “tweaked” the calf. Just sit his ass down.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
This idiot never learns from his mistakes..
Reply/Quote
And I thought the Rams Monday night game would be a for sure W. They are playing pretty good vs a team I think might win the SB. Rams are going to be tough for this Bengals team to beat.

This D line has been so disappointing so far. I am baffled at how Trey Hendrickson did nothing vs a back up LT. Murphy looks like his ceiling is a poor man’s Sam Hubbard (not good). Reader/Hill must be getting pushed around because teams are running all over them. They won’t be very good this year if the D line continues to play this way. They should all be embarrassed at how they have been pushed around for the first two games.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 07:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yes you can, that is such a weird nonsensical take. No one can stop you motioning a guy, doesn’t matter how they defend you. A motion into a route is a choice the offense makes, or in our case doesn’t. Starting Chase wide and motioning him inside and snapping immediately give him an easy two way go against a defender who hasn’t set. We motion and pause allowing for defenders to reset. We only motion snap for orbit screens, or in todays case a little dump off to Mixon.
Defenses are making sure they take away the deep 
Game that Burrow and Chase have cultivated 
Over the past few years. 
Last season  their pass plays decreased dramatically 
From Chases 1st year and this year the big vertical 
Plays simply aren't there.
That tells me the offense isn't evolving under ZT and 
BC and I still stand by my observation that this 
Offense is severely lacking another vertical threat on the other side from Chase 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:00 PM)Tony Wrote: This idiot never learns from his mistakes..

Been saying this for a while and usually got jumped on for it. We’ve seen what ZT can do. He’s not going to change. I don’t see him coaching in Cincinnati by 2025. 
Reply/Quote
Let Burrow sit and see how many wins Zachary gets this year.
Reply/Quote
Defense is not the same without Apple and the Safeties that walked.
Let’s be honest it was the defense that carried the team the past two seasons.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Taylor sucks as a playcaller and game planner, but there's a 0% chance they do this.

Burrow is good enough that he can win 8 or 9 games a year with a bad coach. Zac and Burrow are tied together.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:14 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Let Burrow sit and see how many wins Zachary gets this year.

Sad part is, he's never going to get fired. Get ready for another run of at least 5 shit years. You think this year's bad? Wait till Tee and Reader are gone..
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:08 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Defenses are making sure they take away the deep 
Game that Burrow and Chase have cultivated 
Over the past few years. 
Last season  their pass plays decreased dramatically 
From Chases 1st year and this year the big vertical 
Plays simply aren't there.
That tells me the offense isn't evolving under ZT and 
BC and I still stand by my observation that this 
Offense is severely lacking another vertical threat on the other side from Chase 

You can’t just “take it away” though can you take it away in different ways but it’s still there in other ways. What’s concerning is we aren’t evolving to get it back. You don’t think teams want to take the Dolphins vertical game away? Of course they do, and yet Mike McDaniels finds a way to keep it going.

We have all the threats in the world we need. We aren’t utilizing play calling to put the defenses in conflict instead we are letting the defenses dictate what we do and it’s awful.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:01 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: And I thought the Rams Monday night game would be a for sure W.  They are playing pretty good vs a team I think might win the SB. Rams are going to be tough for this Bengals team to beat.

This D line has been so disappointing so far. I am baffled at how Trey Hendrickson did nothing vs a back up LT. Murphy looks like his ceiling is a poor man’s Sam Hubbard (not good).  Reader/Hill must be getting pushed around because teams are running all over them.  They won’t be very good this year if the D line continues to play this way. They should all be embarrassed at how they have been pushed around for the first two games.

The Rams have an elite coach. Elite coaches gameplan and overcome talent deficiencies.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 07:55 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: We don’t have the Giants to take attention away from our bullshít this week. They were down 20-0 at halftime and well on their way to being the only team in the NFL off to a worse start than our moribund franchise, but they decided to play football in the second half and have tied the game at 28.

The NY Giants have won their game 31-28.  Cool

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:17 PM)Tony Wrote: Sad part is, he's never going to get fired. Get ready for another run of at least 5 shit years. You think this year's bad? Wait till Tee and Reader are gone..

Our bad year will be 8-9 wins. Unless Burrow is hurt.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:14 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Let Burrow sit and see how many wins Zachary gets this year.

We would be #1OA in the 2024 NFL draft.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:17 PM)Tony Wrote: Sad part is, he's never going to get fired. Get ready for another run of at least 5 shit years. You think this year's bad? Wait till Tee and Reader are gone..

There’s absolutely no way he’s here in 2 years let alone 5. When fans are booing in game 2 after signing a stud QB to the biggest deal in history, heads are gonna roll sooner than later. 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Taylor sucks as a playcaller and game planner, but there's a 0% chance they do this.

Burrow is good enough that he can win 8 or 9 games a year with a bad coach. Zac and Burrow are tied together.

Well maybe if they have a Bad enough year, Burrow complains about Zac and gets him out of here. One can hope.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:32 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: There’s absolutely no way he’s here in 2 years let alone 5. When fans are booing in game 2 after signing a stud QB to the biggest deal in history, heads are gonna roll sooner than later. 

They kept Marvin around 15 years and he didn't even win a playoff game..
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 07:57 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Good. He didn’t say anything about this calf after the week one debacle because I think he really believed they’d breeze this week. But we didn’t. Physically, he looked fine, but he played like ass again and *now* he’s “tweaked” the calf. Just sit his ass down.
Maybe we need a fresh young go for QB right now
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 08:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: You can’t just “take it away” though can you take it away in different ways but it’s still there in other ways. What’s concerning is we aren’t evolving to get it back. You don’t think teams want to take the Dolphins vertical game away? Of course they do, and yet Mike McDaniels finds a way to keep it going.

We have all the threats in the world we need. We aren’t utilizing play calling to put the defenses in conflict instead we are letting the defenses dictate what we do and it’s awful.

You said the magic word "conflict"
DCs know that Chase and Higgins are a 
Big part of the offense 
Yet for some reason neither WR has a 
Catch over 25 yds in 2 games. 
Defenses aren't conflicted this season 
In covering them 
I think the lack of a target with the ability 
To dominate the Seams is hurting this offense 
Irv Smith has not impressed me 
The TE big ability has not been there since Uzomah 
Left 2 years ago.