Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 2 }
(09-17-2023, 05:23 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: As odd as it sounds. I’m not that worried. Mostly because this is a carbon copy of last year for the most part. Week 1 was extra bad but today looked honestly as I expected. Ups and downs but starting to put things together.These slow starts are the result of a lack of preseason reps and constant Burrow injuries in the preseason. I expect our first win next week as long as Burrow isn’t injured.

Now if Burrow doesn’t play next week or we lose next week maybe I’ll start to worry

Is it like last year? We lost in extraordinary circumstances in an OT loss in Week 1, despite the QB playing badly. Week 2 was a close loss to a good team right at the end.

This season was a shellacking against a decent opponent, with the QB looking 100% not ready. Today I think the scoreline was closer than the game was, The Ravens were better than a 3 point winner. But granted I don't think today was disastrous, just not great defensively. 

The Rams game tonight will be a good indication of our chances next week. Play SF hard, and I can't see how we'd be favoured to win next week. Hope you're right though.

For me, today's disappointments are the QB's calf maybe not progressing as we'd hoped. The defence giving up the run despite that clearly being what the Ravens are good for. But ultimately, today wasn't disastrous, it's the combination of last week and this week which has me concerned about the team. Beat the Rams and it begins to look a bit more like last year hopefully, but we're in serious trouble if we lose next week and Burrow still doesn't look quite right.
Reply/Quote
*shrug* at this point it’s a wash in my eyes. Burrows going to be hurt most of the year and that’s the offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:12 PM)BengalsFan Wrote: This team is done, the defense is garbage and the offense is not any better which is disappointing because Browns and Ravens are very important games to win

You're on the wrong board Chef fan
Reply/Quote
What happened to having the fastest secondary in football?

Every time someone throws deep on us our players are half a step behind.

Offence lost us the game last week defence lost us it this week.

McPherson to completely **** up kicking duties next week to complete the set then maybe we can start playing like adults.
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati misses Jesse Bates. Nick Scott isn't the answer. Joe Burrow hasn't looked right the first two weeks. Erv Smith Jr. is a step down at tight end position.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:29 PM)Bengalion Wrote: The D-line is the biggest loser today. 0 sacks, almost no pressure on Lamar, we had no answer to counter their running game. Thought Reader and Hill would be enough but I was wrong. Also it's worth noting that Chase did next to nothing today, he dropped a TD and what? Was expecting more from him. And Jonah Willians proved again he's not the answer at RT.

Burrow will have basically 9 days to heal his calf before we face the Rams. I'm fine with a wild card spot at this point, we're not winning this division this year.

To be fair, they had one excellent and well-timed sack -- that was wiped out by one of the most bogus holding calls that I'd ever seen. Odell Beckman, Jr. blatantly grabs the jersey of the defender, pulls him down, and the defender is called for a hold? That wiped out the sack. 

The announcers liked to make a point of the subsequent "make-up" holding calls on the Ravens, but who knows how things would have transpired if the bogus, automatic first-down holding call on the Bengals is not made. Sure, if the Ravens were stopped on the 3rd down, then Tucker would have made the FG, but the Bengals would have also had time to score before the half.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:22 PM)Goalpost Wrote: No excuses.  They've been goose egged.  0-2.

Zac Taylor....1-9 in the first 2 games of the season the last 5 years.  Sick
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:37 PM)Nepa Wrote: Ravens had a knack of repeatedly hitting Burrow borderline late, after he had gotten rid of the ball. I'd have been surprised if he got of this game without his calf at least somewhat aggravated.

Seems like he really reinjured it on a non contact play on that tough Tee TD pass.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:33 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: None of this matters.  Chiefs going to get another SB win.  They are the new Brady/Patriots.

I doubt it, they are not the same Chiefs from last year, Chiefs lost to the Lions last week and barely defeated the Jaguars today
Reply/Quote
This offense has not grown or developed in three years. It’s now pedestrian and predictable. And please tell me how they have Jamarr Chase on the team and they cannot scheme a way to get him the ball other than jet sweeps and screens? It’s terrible. Lac needs to give up the play calling, but he won’t.

There is no excuse for having these weapons and wasting them.

As for Joe, he’s playing like ass.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
A first rounder and two highly payed players at D end and they did nothing. On Lamar’s game winning first down run, Hubbard was playing with a blocker and had no idea where Lamar was until he ran past him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:44 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: Zac Taylor....1-9 in the first 2 games of the season the last 5 years.  Sick

While there were Offensive improvements in this game, I'm not sure how much more of Zac's play calling I can handle. 

The amount of times they gained yardage off that jet sweep was driving me nuts!
With that said, not much pressure from the DL is exposing the holes we have without Bates and Bell. 
BAL being down 2 OL only makes this look worse. 

Hopefully Burrow is okay and they can build off the positives from the 2nd half.
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The offense overall did improve. Again we stopped running prematurely and again took the ball out of Mixon's hands when he seemed to getting a head of steam. Burrow played like crap for 2.5 quarters but started to wake up. Weirdly this year the offensive line has not been the issue. Rush YPC are better (right at 4.0) than let year and sacks and pressures are way down. Burrow's godawful throwing cost us the Cleveland game and here his terrible INT probably killed us also. Today the offense played well enough to win - the defense has been absent all season.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:41 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: What happened to having the fastest secondary in football?

Every time someone throws deep on us our players are half a step behind.

Offence lost us the game last week defence lost us it this week.

McPherson to completely **** up kicking duties next week to complete the set then maybe we can start playing like adults.

Sounds about right. I’m not worried yet but damn it’s not looking good. Online isn’t the issue the past two weeks, so there’s that. Our D line particularly flat out sucked today. Blew a great opportunity against a banged up Oline and shit the bed. I’m more worried about Burrow with the injury. Think it’s going to be a season long issue.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: The offense overall did improve. Again we stopped running prematurely and again took the ball out of Mixon's hands when he seemed to getting a head of steam. Burrow played like crap for 2.5 quarters but started to wake up. Weirdly this year the offensive line has not been the issue. Rush YPC are better (right at 4.0) than let year and sacks and pressures are way down. Burrow's godawful throwing cost us the Cleveland game and here his terrible INT probably killed us also. Today the offense played well enough to win - the defense has been absent all season.

All season? It just have been 2 games
Reply/Quote
Our offense only really clicks when Joe Burrow is hitting 10-20 yard passes regularly and taking and hitting 20+ yard shots 5-7 times a game. And a gimpy Joe Burrow can't do it.

How many 1st half points have we had in two games like 13?

That throws everything else off. We're not built to grind it out dinking and dunking.
Reply/Quote
The game was what week 1 should have looked like in a loss. The D adjusting with Lou unable to be as creative with the halftime adjustments with the safety position transitioning, with the offense starting slow but finding a grove to build on as a moral victory.

Burrows calf will be the story this season.

I thought the Oline played well. I can rewatch this loss….. and see who played well but Burrow had pockets, and the run game was solid. Still nothing under center.

D was a disappointment, but they were always supposed to take time to adjust. I expect they’ll be much more creative with week to week game planning come week 10.

Scott isn’t the answer at Safety and that’s scary given how many more games we have with a weakness at SS and no one with experience able to replace him (besides a 31 year old ST ace)

Tee came ready to have a better week. As did Boyd. Chase…..

Stay away from drafting Clemson dlineman. Mayock found that out the hard way.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:32 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I can't imagine starting 0-3 when we went 12-4 last year but I think it's coming, I don't see Burrow playing next week.

Also add to that the Rams are playing some respectable ball right now. If Burrow doesn't play it's gonna be one ugly Monday night game. Might even turn out that way if he does play.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 06:06 PM)BengalsFan Wrote: All season? It just have been 2 games

Yup. And being THIS bad on defense is not acceptable for even ONE series, much less a whole game or more than one game. 
Reply/Quote
We finally do a decent job at protecting the QB and our QB is crap.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote