Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
{ Postgame Reactions Thread - Week 2 }
Burrow aggravating his calf is very concerning. I expected the defense to struggle coming into the season but the offense is struggling. I don't know it's too early for a coherent take from me. Gonna be a long year.
Reply/Quote
Joe said he tweaked it and will see where it is tomorrow. He did say he was planning to come back in.

He added it was pretty painful. Good thing they have an extra day before the next game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I will give a slight candy and rainbows thing:
The offense looked better in the ending drive. Hopefully, they will take that into next week....hopefully.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The defensive line is trash

That's a little harsh.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As odd as it sounds. I’m not that worried. Mostly because this is a carbon copy of last year for the most part. Week 1 was extra bad but today looked honestly as I expected. Ups and downs but starting to put things together.These slow starts are the result of a lack of preseason reps and constant Burrow injuries in the preseason. I expect our first win next week as long as Burrow isn’t injured.

Now if Burrow doesn’t play next week or we lose next week maybe I’ll start to worry
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have always been masters at Giving a false sense of security
They gave 2 exciting years but looks like their SB window closed on that last play against the Rams.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: We didn’t control the line of scrimmage against a team with half its O line starters out, that’s not an abates/Bell issue. Mike Hilton has been bad to start the year missing tackles and not being great in coverage. Hill has played fine, could be better at the other safety position but my bigger concern is we were so big play dependent on defense and we have now regressed to the mean.

We can attack the defense all we want but we are several years in a row with offensive game planning severally lacking. And now second year in a row we are praying for a win streak to even make the playoffs with a small percentage chance.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Defense underperformed and offense had like 5 1st downs l
Half way into 3rd and zero leadership on offense
Reply/Quote
If the offence hadn't sucked the shit out of the toilets for the first game and a half they could have won both games, but they waited to dig holes they couldn't get out of in both games.. They could have been ugly wins, but wins.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That's a little harsh.

It may be harsh but it is true 
Reply/Quote
Coaching coaching coaching... Same shit different year lol. Aight blue skys and sand for me later aTBB.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
When Mixon is the undisputed MVP......and expected to carry the O.....you know we had a brutal game

We are mediocre AT BEST

We regressed on both O and D

Our coaching is brutal too

Zero scheming or creativity anywhere
Reply/Quote
The D-line is the biggest loser today. 0 sacks, almost no pressure on Lamar, we had no answer to counter their running game. Thought Reader and Hill would be enough but I was wrong. Also it's worth noting that Chase did next to nothing today, he dropped a TD and what? Was expecting more from him. And Jonah Willians proved again he's not the answer at RT.

Burrow will have basically 9 days to heal his calf before we face the Rams. I'm fine with a wild card spot at this point, we're not winning this division this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:29 PM)Bengalion Wrote: The D-line is the biggest loser today. 0 sacks, almost no pressure on Lamar, we had no answer to counter their running game. Thought Reader and Hill would be enough but I was wrong. Also it's worth noting that Chase did next to nothing today, the dropped a TD and what? Was expecting more from him. And Jonah Willians again proved he's not the answer at RT.

Burrow will have basically 9 days to heal his calf before we face the Rams. I'm fine with a wild card spot, we're not winning this division this year.

"I'm fine"...should be replaced with...... "We'll be LUCKY."
Reply/Quote
I can't imagine starting 0-3 when we went 12-4 last year but I think it's coming, I don't see Burrow playing next week.
Reply/Quote
None of this matters.  Chiefs going to get another SB win.  They are the new Brady/Patriots.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:22 PM)pally Wrote: Joe said he tweaked it and will see where it is tomorrow.  He did say he was planning to come back in.

He added it was pretty painful.  Good thing they have an extra day before the next game

He was off when we had time.. overcome or start Browning
Reply/Quote
Sorry but this was largely on the defense - they had plenty of chances but NEVER managed to get off the field. What happened to our run defense? It used to be upper level now it is on pace for worst in NFL history? How do you not spy a mobile QB? How do you NEVER cover the middle of the field? Jackson is not Mahomes but we've stopped Mahomes and inexplicably played a super vanilla D today instead of the way we stopped Mahomes. Oh, and how on earth do you get beat by Jet Sweep right not once, not twice but something like TEN TIMES? What happened to adjusting, to reading the offense accurately?

And lest we forget Nick Scott deserves a star on this walk of shame too - TWICE he had EASY INTs had he just exhibited the BASIC DB instinct and broke on the ball...
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:22 PM)pally Wrote: Joe said he tweaked it and will see where it is tomorrow.  He did say he was planning to come back in.

He added it was pretty painful.  Good thing they have an extra day before the next game

Ravens had a knack of repeatedly hitting Burrow borderline late, after he had gotten rid of the ball. I'd have been surprised if he got of this game without his calf at least somewhat aggravated.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:24 PM)Synric Wrote: We can attack the defense all we want but we are several years in a row with offensive game planning severally lacking. And now second year in a row we are praying for a win streak to even make the playoffs with a small percentage chance.

Context matters…I was replying to a post about the defense.
Reply/Quote