Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals interested in Jordy Nelson
(03-14-2018, 04:06 PM)sandwedge Wrote: This is the only place where I have seen Nelson visiting. NFL Network and ESPN are all saying Raiders, Seattle and Jets, no mention of Cincinnati.

I'm thinking Raiders. Maybe Seattle. It's nice to dream of Nelson coming in and taking Lafells job, playing second fiddle to AJ on a one or two year deal. His name is too big and someone else will give him good money. 

We got our Left tackle taken care of. I'm happy about that. The other really glaring weakness is center. Do we address this in the draft, FA, or both?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 04:43 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I'm thinking Raiders. Maybe Seattle. It's nice to dream of Nelson coming in and taking Lafells job, playing second fiddle to AJ on a one or two year deal. His name is too big and someone else will give him good money. 

We got our Left tackle taken care of. I'm happy about that. The other really glaring weakness is center. Do we address this in the draft, FA, or both?

I can see the Raiders also grabbing him.
As for center, I say we draft one.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 04:43 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I'm thinking Raiders. Maybe Seattle. It's nice to dream of Nelson coming in and taking Lafells job, playing second fiddle to AJ on a one or two year deal. His name is too big and someone else will give him good money. 

Yeah, nice dream, probably all this was. Seattle lost a few Receivers i could see them ponying up some dough for Jordy.

(03-14-2018, 04:46 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I can see the Raiders also grabbing him.
As for center, I say we draft one.

I agree, draft our Center, one of Ragnow, Daniels or Price in the 1st or 2nd round.

Grab a speedy LB in FA or the Draft accordingly. Just happy that Burfict rumor seems to be false.

Like Bengalstripes18 said we would be in scrambling mode looking for backers if it was true.
Reply/Quote
Hobson free agent story headlineheadline

"Lordy Lordy Cordy and Jordy"
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 05:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, nice dream, probably all this was. Seattle lost a few Receivers i could see them ponying up some dough for Jordy.

I could see Seattle being the landing spot for Nelson, as well.  And, with the way Wilson runs around and keeps plays going, I can envision Nelson being open deep a time or two a game.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I don’t see us signing any WRs for free agency. We still have LaFell on the roster and I don’t see the coaches cutting him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Sigh. It was a very, very, very, very loose connection the NFL.com guy made to the Bengals because of the Packers QUARTERBACKS coach being on the Bengals staff now. Maybe they're interested. But Nelson clearly wasn't / isn't interested in the Bengals. This was misleading at best and a way to drive traffic with something worse than speculation.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
looks like he is signing with Oakland

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 03:04 AM)jowczarski Wrote: Sigh. It was a very, very, very, very loose connection the NFL.com guy made to the Bengals because of the Packers QUARTERBACKS coach being on the Bengals staff now. Maybe they're interested. But Nelson clearly wasn't / isn't interested in the Bengals. This was misleading at best and a way to drive traffic with something worse than speculation.

This is nothing compared to the NFL.com article where they spun Marvin's attendance at Oklahoma's Pro Day as him being there specifically for Baker Mayfield's workout.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 12:58 PM)pally Wrote: looks like he is signing with Oakland

yeah raiders are trying to finalize a deal...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/15/report-raiders-trying-to-finalize-deal-with-jordy-nelson/

Which will most likely put crabtree on the market....   (a WR with probly more upside than Nelson but less historical production)   wouldn't mind kicking crabtrees tires if he becomes available.

I only say that about nelson because it seems hes in a decline... Now that could be do to other issues in green bay.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 11:35 PM)bonesaw Wrote: holy cow.  no way. no way we pull two moves I really like

I'm not sure why you would like this move.  Jordy was a shell of himself.  I think he's on the downswing, otherwise Green Bay keeps him.
Reply/Quote
I think someone is going to overpay for an aging beat up WR. Nelson could still have some games left in him, but on a new team he very well may not be what he was for GB. We could definitely use the money we would spend on him wiser in a lot of other areas.
Reply/Quote
Jordy will be a Raider

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote