Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pratt!
Shout out to Germaine Pratt today! the dude was balling all day making impact plays and bringing the wood woth energy.
I thought I was watching Ray Lewis for second there.
Reply/Quote
Pratt Attack!!!!! Hell of a game.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 10:21 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Shout out to Germaine Pratt today! the dude was balling all day making impact plays and bringing the wood woth energy.
I thought I was watching Ray Lewis for  second there.

Splatt!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Najee Harris will be having nightmares about Germaine Pratt for weeks; he’ll have to take melatonin by the handful.
Reply/Quote
Harris had 4.5 ypc which was his 2nd best game all year. He's largely sucked.
Reply/Quote
Pratt was great today
Reply/Quote
Taylor-Britt had 12 tackles.
Reply/Quote
Pratt stopped a couple mis-direction plays to Johnson.
Reply/Quote
His physical playing could not have come at a better time than against the steelers either

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 10:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Taylor-Britt had 12 tackles.

..and 0 PDs, so that may explain the 12 tackles

As to the OP:

Good game by Pratt and his twin Perine
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Pratt was our best LB by far today. And that’s no easy feat when Logan Wilson is healthy and playing.

Reply/Quote
What better team to do it to... the squeelers traded 1 before us on the first round to get #1 LB prospect Devin Bush... who we were on the radar for, they took him and we ended up with Pratt... what a good player he's become, happy ending.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 11:43 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: What better team to do it to... the squeelers traded 1 before us on the first round to get #1 LB prospect Devin Bush... who we were on the radar for, they took him and we ended up with Pratt... what a good player he's become, happy ending.

Bush has largely been a bust.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2022, 10:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Najee Harris will be having nightmares about Germaine Pratt for weeks; he’ll have to take melatonin by the handful.

Harris had 90 rushing yards (2nd highest this year for him) at 4.5ypc (2nd highest this year for him), 2 rushing TD (highest this year for him), and 26 receiving yards (2nd highest this year for him).

Harris had his best game all year today, and the Steelers scored 30 points, the most they've scored all season (2nd most was 23 against the Bengals Week 1).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 12:50 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Harris had 90 rushing yards (2nd highest this year for him) at 4.5ypc (2nd highest this year for him), 2 rushing TD (highest this year for him), and 26 receiving yards (2nd highest this year for him).

Harris had his best game all year today, and the Steelers scored 30 points, the most they've scored all season (2nd most was 23 against the Bengals Week 1).

Helps when the refs are calling absolute nonsense on the Bengals defense all game. The phantom call on Hilton was particularly egregious. And I didn’t like the one on Flowers much better.

Not to mention the non-call on the late hit on Burrow, and missing Minkah blatantly holding Hurst’s arm on another play.

There was some serious home cooking by the officials today.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 12:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Helps when the refs are calling absolute nonsense on the Bengals defense all game. The phantom call on Hilton was particularly egregious. And I didn’t like the one on Flowers much better.

Not to mention the non-call on the late hit on Burrow, and missing Minkah blatantly holding Hurst’s arm on another play.

There was some serious home cooking by the officials today.

Sure, but even then the Bengals defense by no way played well today. In non-Bengals games this year, the Steelers are averaging 14.6 points per game. The Steelers had 0 TDs of 10+ yards all season, and then they got 2 today and Pickens dropped a walk-in 3rd. Pickett came into today with 2 TDs/8 INTs and the Bengals couldn't hold onto any of the couple INTs he threw.

I'm glad they got the W, they absolutely needed to go 2-0 against the Panthers/Steelers to keep their season alive, and they did. We just can't pretend the defense played well today. Pickett, Harris, and the Steelers Offense as a whole all had their best games of the year today.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 01:12 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sure, but even then the Bengals defense by no way played well today. In non-Bengals games this year, the Steelers are averaging 14.6 points per game. The Steelers had 0 TDs of 10+ yards all season, and then they got 2 today and Pickens dropped a walk-in 3rd. Pickett came into today with 2 TDs/8 INTs and the Bengals couldn't hold onto any of the couple INTs he threw.

I'm glad they got the W, they absolutely needed to go 2-0 against the Panthers/Steelers to keep their season alive, and they did. We just can't pretend the defense played well today. Pickett, Harris, and the Steelers Offense as a whole all had their best games of the year today.

The secondary wasn’t particularly good, I agree with that. I thought the front 7 got better as the game went on though.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 01:12 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Sure, but even then the Bengals defense by no way played well today. In non-Bengals games this year, the Steelers are averaging 14.6 points per game. The Steelers had 0 TDs of 10+ yards all season, and then they got 2 today and Pickens dropped a walk-in 3rd. Pickett came into today with 2 TDs/8 INTs and the Bengals couldn't hold onto any of the couple INTs he threw.

I agree they didn't play great but i take that last Steelers drive with a grain of salt. Prevent defenses tend to pad the offensive stat book. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 01:15 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I agree they didn't play great but i take that last Steelers drive with a grain of salt. Prevent defenses tend to pad the offensive stat book. 

I would agree with the prevent reasoning if they hadn't still got burned badly and let a guy get behind them even while playing prevent. He just dropped the TD. Also even without that last TD, they still scored the most points they've scored all year. It's hard to overstate how bad that Steelers offense is against anyone other than the Bengals. 14.6 points per game against Non-Bengals teams, 26.5 points per game against the Bengals.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 01:22 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I would agree with the prevent reasoning if they hadn't still got burned badly and let a guy get behind them even while playing prevent. He just dropped the TD. Also even without that last TD, they still scored the most points they've scored all year. It's hard to overstate how bad that Steelers offense is against anyone other than the Bengals. 14.6 points per game against Non-Bengals teams, 26.5 points per game against the Bengals.

I'd probably have to go out on a limb and say any division game, with the history of these two teams, you can throw "against everyone else" out the window. 

The D basically shut the steelers offense down in the 2nd half, except for the last meaningless drive where they were just concerned about burning the clock. 

Reply/Quote