Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pratt re-signed to 3 yr deal
This is great news and a deal that fits in nicely under the cap for the Bengals going forward.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Fantastic signing.  He's made so many key plays during this 2 year run for the Bengals, glad that they were able to come to terms.

He made a ton of big plays.

Overall, I'm not sure he's a great LB though.

The contract is a decent value I'd say.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:56 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Hate it. How do we pay Wilson?

Should be plenty of money to get both done as long as neither is trying to break the bank.

(03-13-2023, 03:58 PM)higgy100 Wrote: "Oh, that loser will never play for the Bengals again. He's a cancer. Worst attitude in the world. Don't let the door hit you in the arse"....blah blah blah.

Signed,
                                               ignorant, irrational, emotional Bengals fans

I don't think many have said that. most have been worried he wanted to break the bank with his contract. 
His play and attitude is completely acceptable.
Reply/Quote
That's a solid deal for both parties. Katie continues to hit dingers.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This cheap linebacker market will also make negotiating with Logan Wilson a little easier this fall.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
ILB market really got flooded, think he saw the writing on the wall that he wasn't getting what he was expecting.

Doesn't seem like a ton of commitment on the Bengals part, so I don't hate it. Didn't think there was a chance of him coming back.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
It’s a good price tag for us. NFL just isn’t interested in paying non pass rushing LB’s I guess.

He better cut the shit now that he’s staying though. No more playing time complaints. No more BS like when he went off on Ossai.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:06 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Should be plenty of money to get both done as long as neither is trying to break the bank.

I don't think many have said that. most have been worried he wanted to break the bank with his contract. 
His play and attitude is completely acceptable.

You must have not been around the day/days after the AFC Champ. game after he blamed Ossai for the loss.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ILB market really got flooded, think he saw the writing on the wall that he wasn't getting what he was expecting.

Doesn't seem like a ton of commitment on the Bengals part, so I don't hate it. Didn't think there was a chance of him coming back.

I'd say you're right, and if you're getting similar offers elsewhere, why not stay where you've shown a bit, and won games?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Pratt is Back!!!

Love it extremely solid LB - fantastic news.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Fantastic news. Surprised Pratt got done before Bell, but I will take it.

I do not want to be drafting for need. BPA and depth suits me much better. LB is iff the board early unless a steal is staring us in the face.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:07 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: It’s a good price tag for us. NFL just isn’t interested in paying non pass rushing LB’s I guess.

He better cut the shit now that he’s staying though. No more playing time complaints. No more BS like when he went off on Ossai.

Let it go, he issued a heartfelt apology instead of a BS apology, Ossai accepted it, it's over. He was more mad at himself, I think, than he was at Ossai. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:56 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Hate it. How do we pay Wilson?

The cap is going WAY up

This provides insurance if they CANT sign Wilson.

He is a proven veteran that knows the system.  

This was a great signing at a great value.  
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: By paying Pratt's big money this year.

Yes, should have included this in my post.  The structure doesn't really hurt the cap much at all after this year.  Well done, Bengals. 
Reply/Quote
Wilson will be re-signed, it's not even a question.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:07 PM)Synric Wrote: This cheap linebacker market will also make negotiating with Logan Wilson a little easier this fall.

Or just lock him up before training camp as well... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I love the singing, he’s a playmaker at a position the bengals have been week at since ML days. I wonder if this is a sign that Wilson negotiations aren’t going as smooth. Doesn’t mean it won’t get done, but maybe the two sides are pretty far off right now. There’s definitely a real scenario where Wilson walks. Wouldn’t be the end of the world.

I also have the feeling we’re not resining Higgins this year, but next.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He made a ton of big plays.

Overall, I'm not sure he's a great LB though.

The contract is a decent value I'd say.

Having great linebackers isn't really a thing anymore. Pass rushers is where the money is at. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:07 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: It’s a good price tag for us. NFL just isn’t interested in paying non pass rushing LB’s I guess.

Well he got a big shout out from Lou that he’s a fabulous teammate so you should be fine if Lou is I’d expect
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:54 PM)Ravage Wrote: Was just comin to post it. Not a bad deal.
Great deal. Front loaded, which might be made so they can re-sign Wilson next year.
(03-13-2023, 03:55 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Kinda shocked, actually.  I’d assumed he was gone.  Seems like a good deal for both sides.

Now that’s one less position we need to draft early-ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was shocked as hell but VERY excited! 

I think the backer market being flooded helped us sign him but I also think that he knows we're a decent offensive line away from a ring and he wants to keep pushing for it.
(03-13-2023, 04:07 PM)higgy100 Wrote: You must have not been around the day/days after the AFC Champ. game after he blamed Ossai for the loss.

That soon after, you can't really blame him for being emotional and making comments like that. 

He even apologized and said just as much:

Quote:"I was emotional. I was in the moment," Pratt explained Monday. "I would say I was wrong. As a man, you can look at yourself in the mirror and say, 'I was wrong. I wasn't a great teammate in that moment.'
Reply/Quote