Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pratt re-signed to 3 yr deal
(03-13-2023, 05:38 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Except Pratt had one of, if the not the highest coverage grade for lbs last year.  90.1 if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He also started out as a safety, like Wilson did. 

Pratt wanted to be here. Bell didn't. Bates didn't. 
Reply/Quote
Solid signing!! would rather have Pratt over Bell anyday!! Bell is going to be 31 at the end of his contract, we need to go younger in the Safety room. we will be signing a guy just be patient!
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 08:09 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Solid signing!! would rather have Pratt over Bell anyday!! Bell is going to be 31 at the end of his contract, we need to go younger in the Safety room. we will be signing a guy just be patient!

Idk man lol

If we had to be old at a specific position safety is the one I’d pick

I do not want a damn rookie back there that doesn’t know how to read Patrick Mahommes eyes.

We about to have a kid back there that don’t know shit.

I absolutely would’ve been ok with signing abates if i knew we’d lose Pratt and Vonn.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
FYI, the player personnel guy I know had Pratt as the 3rd LB in FA and Singleton as the 8th. We just paid 2 million more total for Pratt over Singleton, so in perspective it was a really good deal.
Reply/Quote
What a great move by the Bengals and by Pratt. Pratt obviously took a very team friendly deal that was fair to him and to the franchise and that allows them to continue to return their young core players. Pratt was the best coverage backer in the league and he has flourished in Lou's defense. I am really happy that they were able to get this deal done with Pratt.
Reply/Quote
I like this.

If we can hold on to our linebackers and then retool in the secondary we will be good on defense.

We hit on Pratt and Wilson in the draft. Makes sense to sign them to second contracts.

Bell and Bates were older and more expensive.
Makes sense if you can't sign everyone to focus on the young bucks and then replace the vets on the back end.

If we can solidify the secondary with mostly young players on rookie deals, that will allow the defense to stay together for a few years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's a damn good thing. After losing the entire back end it was an absolute must that they keep the LB group intact. Teams need guys like Pratt.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 08:41 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I like this.

If we can hold on to our linebackers and then retool in the secondary we will be good on defense.

We hit on Pratt and Wilson in the draft. Makes sense to sign them to second contracts.

Bell and Bates were older and more expensive.
Makes sense if you can't sign everyone to focus on the young bucks and then replace the vets on the back end.

If we can solidify the secondary with mostly young players on rookie deals, that will allow the defense to stay together for a few years.

Bates is 26. Bell 28.

Pratt is 26.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 08:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Bates is 26. Bell 28.

Pratt is 26.

You think we had a shot at re-signing Bates?

Calm down man. Don't let your emotions get the best of you.
Let things play out before rushing to judgement.
Reply/Quote
Pratt’s deal actually ended up backloaded with him only having a cap number of 5.5 this year and 6.8 next year. That structure does make me think there is more spending coming for this year somewhere.
Reply/Quote
Germaine Pratt #Bengals three years, $20.25M, $7M signing bonus, salaries $2.75M, $3.2M, $5.25M, annual $14,706 per game active roster bonus, annual $100K workout bonus, $250K playtime incentive annual
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 08:48 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: You think we had a shot at re-signing Bates?

Calm down man. Don't let your emotions get the best of you.
Let things play out before rushing to judgement.

I'm commenting on your comment that they kept Pratt because he was younger. Age had nothing to do with it.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 08:55 PM)Au165 Wrote: Pratt’s deal actually ended up backloaded with him only having a cap number of 5.5 this year and 6.8 next year. That structure does make me think there is more spending coming for this year somewhere.

Maybe a Burrow extension...
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 09:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm commenting on your comment that they kept Pratt because he was younger. Age had nothing to do with it.

I honestly assumed Pratt was younger because Bates was drafted so long ago. 

I'd love to have Bates, but we couldn't afford him.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 09:44 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I honestly assumed Pratt was younger because Bates was drafted so long ago. 

I'd love to have Bates, but we couldn't afford him.

Oh we could afford him...it's just he's not a top safety. He has great stretches, but most of the time he's average to above average. That's the issue.

My guess is he doesn't live up to that contract.

A guy like Minkah can take over a game. That's not Bates.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 09:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Oh we could afford him...it's just he's not a top safety. He has great stretches, but most of the time he's average to above average. That's the issue.

My guess is he doesn't live up to that contract.

A guy like Minkah can take over a game. That's not Bates.

I agree. He's solid, but not worth that contract.

The play he didn't make against Kelce in the endzone in the playoffs stuck out to me as what separates him from the truly elite safeties.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:38 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Except Pratt had one of, if the not the highest coverage grade for lbs last year. 90.1 if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Pratt was really good in coverage last season.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:56 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Hate it. How do we pay Wilson?

In dollars.

Keeping Germaine Pratt and Logan Wilson together is extremely important for the Cincinnati defense.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 11:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: In dollars.

Keeping Germaine Pratt and Logan Wilson together is extremely important for the Cincinnati defense.

Yeah, I really thought that Pratt was going to get double that.

Hell, maybe we sign Wilson to an extension this offseason and use some of the cap space.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 10:23 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I agree. He's solid, but not worth that contract.

The play he didn't make against Kelce in the endzone in the playoffs stuck out to me as what separates him from the truly elite safeties.

It's funny. That play is etched in my memory too.

I feel like a Minkah or Derwin James make that play.
Reply/Quote