Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pratt re-signed to 3 yr deal
(03-13-2023, 03:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not sure if serious?
That deal is hardly going to strain the cap.
Bengals have quite a few bigger-cost guys coming off FA in the next couple years anyway to be able to find room for Wilson as well.

(03-13-2023, 03:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: By paying Pratt's big money this year.

Yeah, this was a front loaded contract and insurance in case Logan's shoulder ever gets hurt again on top of it and it allows us to 
extend Logan in the future. Well done FO. I just hate losing Vonn Bell, we have to bring in a SS now.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:56 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Hate it. How do we pay Wilson?

The worst.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:58 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Very happy with that deal.

Now get Vonn done and that’s a pretty good first day.

Hurst can go for me TE depth in the draft saves us a lot of money

Vonn is gone. Going to the Panthers.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:07 PM)higgy100 Wrote: You must have not been around the day/days after the AFC Champ. game after he blamed Ossai for the loss.

(03-13-2023, 04:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Let it go, he issued a heartfelt apology instead of a BS apology, Ossai accepted it, it's over. He was more mad at himself, I think, than he was at Ossai. 

Happened in the Heat of the Moment.
Pratt apologized, Kissed and made up with Ossai, and it's over. 

I said it last year, both LB's are good and should be fairly easy to retain as long as they don't want bank breaker deals.

For me what it boils down to, is Bates vs Von Bell.
Bates seems harder to replace than VB, as there is always alot of the Hybrid/LB in the box style Safeties out there now.

VB agrees to terms with Panthers, sooooooo, bring on Bates (SF was rumored to want him, but they re-upped Gibson yesterday)
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:46 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Happened in the Heat of the Moment.

I said it last year, both LB's are good and should be fairly easy to retain as long as they don't want bank breaker deals.

Bates seems harder to replace than VB, as there is always alot of the Hybrid/LB in the box style Safeties out there now.

LOL. I wasn't worried about Pratt apologizing as I have nothing against him nor did I even though he was wrong for saying that. It was the judgemental posters that alienated the guy and talked s__t about him that should apologize and continued to talk bad about him.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:46 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Happened in the Heat of the Moment.

It's ok to hold other guys accountable too and be demanding.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Let it go, he issued a heartfelt apology instead of a BS apology, Ossai accepted it, it's over. He was more mad at himself, I think, than he was at Ossai. 

I’ll let it go when it’s not the last impression he gave us. He was whining for the entire back half of the season about playing time. Then followed it up with that BS.

Heartfelt apology? I wouldn’t call it heartfelt. Seemed pretty nonchalant to me. Said it was heat of the moment and a reaction that anybody would have who’s competitive. But he was the only one reacting that way. BJ had the exact opposite reaction. Essentially blew it off like it was nothing.

I’m not saying we shouldn’t have signed him, but if he does more of that next year are you ok with it? Hopefully he got too emotional in his contract season and we don’t see that stuff from him again, but I’m not just going to forget about it because of a meaningless apology. Go out there and prove you aren’t the guy speaking out against his coaches and teammates like he did down the stretch last year.

If he keeps that up, we’d be better off without him.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: The worst.

Hitting the lottery sucks because of all of the taxes you have to pay. Haha
Reply/Quote
After seeing what Edmunds got...we got an awesome deal. Edmunds may be better but he isn't that much better.
Reply/Quote
We need to address the reality that Wilson may indeed hit the market as an UFA. We hope they do all in their power to retain him, but if neither come to an extension....Tee is getting the tag. We all want Logan back, but if his agent plays hardball, Pratt is insurance, especially if he continues to improve in coverage.
Reply/Quote
Going to be a downer here.

1.) Pratt is a 2 down player!

2.) The LB room is the deepest position on the field.

3.) Bell is more important to the defenses success than Pratt.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:35 PM)J24 Wrote: Going to be a downer here.

Except Pratt had one of, if the not the highest coverage grade for lbs last year. 90.1 if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: After seeing what Edmunds got...we got an awesome deal. Edmunds may be better but he isn't that much better.

Weird move by the Bears after signing TJ Edwards to a great deal. They could have signed Pratt for 2m more per year and Edwards and would still have been cheaper than just Edmunds. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:02 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’ll let it go when it’s not the last impression he gave us. He was whining for the entire back half of the season about playing time. Then followed it up with that BS.

Heartfelt apology? I wouldn’t call it heartfelt. Seemed pretty nonchalant to me. Said it was heat of the moment and a reaction that anybody would have who’s competitive. But he was the only one reacting that way. BJ had the exact opposite reaction. Essentially blew it off like it was nothing.

I’m not saying we shouldn’t have signed him, but if he does more of that next year are you ok with it? Hopefully he got too emotional in his contract season and we don’t see that stuff from him again, but I’m not just going to forget about it because of a meaningless apology. Go out there and prove you aren’t the guy speaking out against his coaches and teammates like he did down the stretch last year.

If he keeps that up, we’d be better off without him.

Nice job leaving out the part where he admitted he was wrong and that he wasn't being a good teammate. But hey, whatever floats your boat... hold onto a grudge if you want.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:35 PM)J24 Wrote: Going to be a downer here.

What if I told you the Bengals could do both - sign Pratt and upgrade from Bell? 

Bell was a good player for us, but some of you are acting like he's an all pro hitting his prime.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:38 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Except Pratt had one of, if the not the highest coverage grade for lbs last year.  90.1 if I remember correctly.

He still only played 2 downs.
(03-13-2023, 05:55 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What if I told you the Bengals could do both - sign Pratt and upgrade from Bell? 

Bell was a good player for us, but some of you are acting like he's an all pro hitting his prime.

I'm talking about Bates!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Well this is a pleasant surprise. Thought he was as good as gone for sure.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:38 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Except Pratt had one of, if the not the highest coverage grade for lbs last year. 90.1 if I remember correctly.

Germain Pratt is 26 years old. People act like men never make mistakes in their 20s. The fact that he owned up to his mistakes shows that he has higher character than most people.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 03:53 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Holy shit i called it lol

3/21
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Great deal..glad he is back
Reply/Quote