Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre Preseason Game Two Pick Two Roster Predictions
Here is a 51 man roster. Who are you adding with the two openings to fill out our opening week 53 man roster?

QB Dalton Driskel
RB Mixon Gio Walton Hill
TE Eifert Kroft Uzi
WR Green Boyd Ross Malone Tate Erickson
OL Glenn Boling Price Westerman Hart Hopkins Redmond Fisher Ogbuehi

DT Geno Billings Glasgow Brown
DE Dunlap MJ Lawson Willis Hubbard
LB Vigil Brown Evans Rey Malik (Sean Williams)
S Illoka Bates Fej Wilson
CB WJ3 Kirk DD Shaw Russell

ST Randy Huber Harris
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 12:28 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Here is a 51 man roster. Who are you adding with the two openings?

QB Dalton Driskel
RB Mixon Gio Walton Hill
TE Eifert Kroft Uzi

ST Randy Huber Harris

Hewitt
and, uh, Burfict maybe?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 12:28 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Here is a 51 man roster. Who are you adding with the two openings?

QB Dalton Driskel
RB Mixon Gio Walton Hill
TE Eifert Kroft Uzi

ST Randy Huber Harris
I know Rey was injured last game so I am unsure of his status.  
I think Burfict sits this one out to heal.

I predict the Bengals will watch closely between Brand Bell (LB) and Nickerson (LB).  

I also think Eifert sits this one out and they go with TJ Johnson (Center).  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 12:34 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Hewitt
and, uh, Burfict maybe?

(08-15-2018, 12:46 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know Rey was injured last game so I am unsure of his status.  
I think Burfict sits this one out to heal.

I predict the Bengals will watch closely between Brand Bell (LB) and Nickerson (LB).  

I also think Eifert sits this one out and they go with TJ Johnson (Center).  

The Preseason Game Two was mainly just a timeframe reminder in the title. Im looking for thoughts on who you would add to that list of 51 for our week one roster.

Burfict is suspended and wont count
Reply/Quote
Davontae Harris and Ryan Hewitt. 

There are a few players on this 51 that I wouldn't be so certain about making it. Rey, MJ, Walton, Og, Fisher...all guys who could see themselves on the bubble if they like just one of their young guys's upside.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 12:58 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The Preseason Game Two was mainly just a timeframe reminder in the title. Im looking for thoughts on who you would add to that list of 51 for our week one roster.

Burfict is suspended and wont count

Ill still go with TJ Johnson and Bell
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I honestly think that if they can, they will trade Ogbuehi for a mid to late round pick, if they can find someone interested. Perkins shows more upside that he does as far as I'm concerned.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 01:26 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Davontae Harris and Ryan Hewitt. 

There are a few players on this 51 that I wouldn't be so certain about making it. Rey, MJ, Walton, Og, Fisher...all guys who could see themselves on the bubble if they like just one of their young guys's upside.

Walton is a lock. OG and Fisher are gone. MJ at 8 mil., SOP won’t pay a back up 8 mil. The waiver wire can find tackles that suck as bad as these two wasted picks, but a lot cheaper.

I will try to clarify. 24 or 25 year old men don’t have heart conditions unless they are abusing the shit out of steroids. Take a look at his weight gain in college, he went from a 230 lb tight end to a 290 lb lineman. No way it’s possible without assistance. Fisher will never play in the NFL after he gets cut.

OG cares more about the life then he does about making himself better to continue the life.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 02:14 PM)Nickslycat Wrote: Walton is a lock.  OG and Fisher are gone.  MJ at 8 mil., SOP won’t  pay a back up 8 mil.  The waiver wire can find tackles that suck as bad as these two wasted picks, but a lot cheaper.

I will try to clarify.  24 or 25 year old men don’t have heart conditions unless they are abusing the shit out of steroids.  Take a look at his weight gain in college, he went from a 230 lb tight end to a 290 lb lineman.  No way it’s possible without assistance.  Fisher will never play in the NFL after he gets cut.

OG cares more about the life then he does about making himself better to continue the life.

I agree Walton is a lock.

I dont think OG and Fisher are gone. Lot of shitty backup OL in the league. Could we find better? Yup. But most the big body excellent athletes are playing DL. OG and Fisher are playing for their careers. They know the system. I think the only way one or both is replaced is if we trade. Which means slim chance.

I thought MJ had a chance earlier in the offseason of being cut. But Baker looked like shit and draft pick brown has been hurt. Marvin likes having a 6'6" DT on the field rushing the passer.  I do too. We have gone 3 DTs before under Marvin on the 53 man roster. If the rookie DT makes the roster he is a weekly inactive. If we are going to keep a 4th DT I would rather go with the upside rookie than washed up vet signing. MJ has the most DT/DE flexibility on the team. And is a well known snap hog. With Billings and Glasgow mostly unproven i want MJs position flexibility and run stopping ability. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 02:14 PM)Nickslycat Wrote: Walton is a lock.  OG and Fisher are gone.  MJ at 8 mil., SOP won’t  pay a back up 8 mil.  The waiver wire can find tackles that suck as bad as these two wasted picks, but a lot cheaper.

I will try to clarify.  24 or 25 year old men don’t have heart conditions unless they are abusing the shit out of steroids.  Take a look at his weight gain in college, he went from a 230 lb tight end to a 290 lb lineman.  No way it’s possible without assistance.  Fisher will never play in the NFL after he gets cut.

I agree Walton is a lock.

I dont think OG and Fisher are gone. Lot of shitty backup OL in the league. Could we find better? Yup. But most the big body excellent athletes are playing DL. OG and Fisher are playing for their careers. They know the system. I think the only way one or both is replaced is if we trade. Which means slim chance.

I thought MJ had a chance earlier in the offseason of being cut. But Baker looked like shit and draft pick brown has been hurt. Marvin likes having a 6'6" DT on the field rushing the passer.  I do too. We have gone 3 DTs before under Marvin on the 53 man roster. If the rookie DT makes the roster he is a weekly inactive. If we are going to keep a 4th DT I would rather go with the upside rookie than washed up vet signing. MJ has the most DT/DE flexibility on the team. And is a well known snap hog. With Billings and Glasgow mostly unproven i want MJs position flexibility and run stopping ability. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2018, 08:52 AM)Air Force 1 Wrote: I honestly think that if they can, they will trade Ogbuehi for a mid to late round pick, if they can find someone interested. Perkins shows more upside that he does as far as I'm concerned.

There is enough room to keep Perkins on that roster. Thats one of the reasons i asked my question. I would rather have perkins than TJ Johnson. And if we need a FB... Get creative. Last time i said i am so glad Hewitt is on the team.. Would be the first time i said that.
Reply/Quote

Do you have the medical evidence that steroids causes a "heart condition" in general, and that it is the cause of Fisher's heart difficulties specifically?  I would like to see the empirical proof of this assumption.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 12:00 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote:  There is enough room to keep Perkins on that roster. Thats one of the reasons i asked my question. I would rather have perkins than TJ Johnson. And if we need a FB... Get creative. Last time i said i am so glad Hewitt is on the team.. Would be the first time i said that.

I was expecting to see more of Hewitt in the preseason (I bet we do against Dallas) after that interview where Lazor commented on how much he values a FB as well as Hewitt's versatility as a pass catcher.

He was injured last year and that affected his availability early and they just kind of forgot about him.  I think he hits the ground running this season.  

The logjam (mentioned on another thread) is really in the secondary.  The draft picks, Wilson, etc.  There are a lot of guys and not that many spots.   
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 07:22 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Do you have the medical evidence that steroids causes a "heart condition" in general, and that it is the cause of Fisher's heart difficulties specifically?  I would like to see the empirical proof of this assumption.  

https://www.cardiosmart.org/News-and-Events/2017/07/Anabolic-Steroids-Increase-Risk-for-Heart-Disease-in-Young-and-MiddleAged-Men

It is common knowledge, to anybody who has been around any gym.

This is just one study of hundreds.

Of course I don’t have definitive proof in his case, but it is a highly probable cause.
Reply/Quote
24-25 year old men never have heart conditions without abusing steroids?  I was born with heart problems, a heart murmer in particular and had never taken any kind of steroids until my 50s when I had dental surgery and even then they weren't the same kind that would have turned me into some kind of muscular freak .
Feel free to make all the generalizations and assumptions you want ,but I think Fisher's biggest problem is that he's just not as good as we had hoped .
Reply/Quote
Where is all the Core love that has been spewed over the years ?

Gave up on him last year, but many did not and would think it is way too early in preseason to quit on him now.

Hewitt and Brandon Bell are my selections.

But think there are a few on the 51 that will not make cut. OG should be one of them.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 11:38 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Where is all the Core love that has been spewed over the years ?

Gave up on him last year, but many did not and would think it is way too early in preseason to quit on him now.

But think there are a few on the 51 that will not make cut. OG should be one of them.

Core hasn't shown anything to warrant being kept around.

I agree on Hewitt and Bell.  Hewitt has additional value as an emergency TE and we need more than 5 LB's.

Og is probably our best reserve T, sadly.  He isn't going anywhere unless we snag some guys off waivers.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 11:24 AM)grampahol Wrote: 24-25 year old men never have heart conditions without abusing steroids?  I was born with heart problems, a heart murmer in particular and had never taken any kind of steroids until my 50s when I had dental surgery and even then they weren't the same kind that would have turned me into some kind of muscular freak .
Feel free to make all the generalizations and assumptions you want ,but I think Fisher's biggest problem is that he's just not as good as we had hoped .

It's not just his age, though.  It's the unnatural amount of weight gain he did during college that makes it suspect.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 11:38 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Where is all the Core love that has been spewed over the years ?

Hewitt also is a special teamer. I thought Bell looked better than last year at this time. Hoping he develops more. Junior Joseph is a guy to watch..
Reply/Quote
Hewitt and Worely

Less a prediction; more of a wish projection.

Hewitt hardly played last week.  Worely had 9 snaps.

I think they may be getting ready to cut Hewitt and try to tuck Worely on the Practice Squad.

I'd love to see them use Hewitt more extensively and give Worely some meaningful snaps.

But that's me
Reply/Quote