Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predict the season
If we can snag a good WR in FA and draft Hernandez and Brown I think we win a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
I'll put the floor at 8 wins.  It feels like a 9-7 season.  However, depending on the draft and how well the o-line gels, it could get to 11 or 12 wins.  Last year felt like a 6-10 year to me going in.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
3-13 and in the tank for 2018. Cleveland does better than us. Just to let you know, I predicted 6-10 last year. I think we are worse.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 04:49 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: 3-13 and in the tank for 2018. Cleveland does better than us. Just to let you know, I predicted 6-10 last year. I think we are worse.

Worse with Frank Pollack here instead of Paul Alexander...

Worse with Cordy Glenn here instead of Ogbuehi...

Worse with Preston Brown here instead of Minter...

Worse with Chris Baker here instead of Sims...

Worse with Lazor here with his own scheme to work with than Zampese...

Worse with Van Pelt here who coached Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay...

Worse with Teryl Austin here than Paulie G...

Sounds like we are going to take a top Center instead of having Bodine here...

No way are we worse than last year man, you sir are losing it. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Think it is way too early to make a prediction until the dust settles and the draft is completed as well.

Will say that I could not be more optimistic about upcoming season right now and think Bengals certainly improve record.

Everything so far has seemed to fall right in place except for the volatile Burfict creating his situation.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 12:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Worse with Frank Pollack here instead of Paul Alexander...

Worse with Cordy Glenn here instead of Ogbuehi...

Worse with Preston Brown here instead of Minter...

Worse with Chris Baker here instead of Sims...

Worse with Lazor here with his own scheme to work with than Zampese...

Worse with Van Pelt here who coached Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay...

Worse with Teryl Austin here than Paulie G...

Sounds like we are going to take a top Center instead of having Bodine here...

No way are we worse than last year man, you sir are losing it. Mellow

With so many great moves admittedly forgot about the Van Pelt move.

It has been a great offseason. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I see us winning at least 10 games. Our biggest weakness the last 2 years has been the OL. Even with a rookie center, I see the OL being much improved this season and I see us getting back to the playoffs. Whether or not we actually win in the playoffs, well, that's a different story.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 01:10 PM)Go Cards Wrote: With so many great moves admittedly forgot about the Van Pelt move.

It has been a great offseason. 

Yeah, it has. Ridiculous for some to ignore all these moves and say that we are worse.

We won 7 games last year with worse coaches and players...
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 02:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, it has. Ridiculous for some to ignore all these moves and say that we are worse.

We won 7 games last year with worse coaches and players...

We have had a good offseason and that alone should be worth a few more wins. However, we still have the worst game manager at HC.......
This is no lie, I had dream once that me and Jennifer Anniston were about to get jiggy and in pops Merv into my dreams and yells...Time Out!!!!
Reply/Quote
I don’t see how an injury plagued LT is proven in any way? As of now I’d say 8-8
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 02:53 PM)sandwedge Wrote: We have had a good offseason and that alone should be worth a few more wins. However, we still have the worst game manager at HC.......
This is no lie, I had dream once that me and Jennifer Anniston were about to get jiggy and in pops Merv into my dreams and yells...Time Out!!!!

Hilarious

Dirty bastid!

(03-23-2018, 03:22 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: I don’t see how an injury plagued LT is proven in any way? As of now I’d say 8-8

Glenn got his bone spurs removed last season, he is ready to go right now. 

Glenn has been a dominant LT in the NFL, he is more proven than any Draft pick.
Reply/Quote
Glenn is not "injury plagued". Before the one injury he had (the surgery was followup to remove spurs) he was an every game starter.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 03:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: Glenn is not "injury plagued". Before the one injury he had (the surgery was followup to remove spurs) he was an every game starter.

The truth. Some people just ***** to ***** without even a touch of research.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 03:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The truth. Some people just ***** to ***** without even a touch of research.

Haha Research?? Who needs to do that? Just blurt something out and it'll get corrected by someone.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 09:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, Burfict has been almost as unreliable as Eifert and fans seem to trash him and his absences aren't in his control.  

Burfict: 28/96 games missed (29.2%), average of 4.7 games missed per year.
Eifert: 41/80 games missed (51.3%), average of 8.2 games missed per year.

Not saying Burfict is reliable, but that comparison doesn't even come close.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As for my prediction of the season...

Ravens: L
Browns: W
Steelers: L
Broncos: L
Dolphins: W
Saints: L
Raiders: L
Buccaneers: W (shaky on this)
@Ravens: W
@Browns: L
@Steelers: L
@Falcons: L
@Panthers: W
@Colts: W
@Chiefs: L
@Chargers: L (shaky on this)

Final Record: 6-10 (give or take 1 game)

Much tougher schedule this year than last year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 03:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Burfict: 28/96 games missed (29.2%), average of 4.7 games missed per year.
Eifert: 41/80 games missed (51.3%), average of 8.2 games missed per year.

Not saying Burfict is reliable, but that comparison doesn't even come close.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As for my prediction of the season...

Ravens: L
Browns: W
Steelers: L
Broncos: L
Dolphins: W
Saints: L
Raiders: L
Buccaneers: W (shaky on this)
@Ravens: W
@Browns: L
@Steelers: L
@Falcons: L
@Panthers: W
@Colts: W
@Chiefs: L
@Chargers: L (shaky on this)

Final Record: 6-10 (give or take 1 game)

Much tougher schedule this year than last year.
Really?  Everybody went on and on about how tough last year's schedule was and we won 7 games with a terrible line, no Eifert and changed OC during the season.  We seem better right now than at any time last season.   Your prediction is yours to make but it seems unsupported by reality.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The big question is going to be how long it takes what will essentially be a brand new OL (and brand new OL coach) to gel. We probably will have four new starters on the OL with Boling being the only returning starter. We already know Glenn is a giant upgrade over Og and any of the top three Centers would be a huge upgrade over Bodine. Likewise RG and RT will be major upgrades over what started there in 2017 so when the line gels look out.
Reply/Quote
I drink a lotta beer. Oh, your talking about the team? If history serves me correctly, I drink a lot of beer!

Reply/Quote
Noones trading for Burfict. That said even if they did I wouldn't even consider it unless it was a 2nd rounder + which is insane. My prediction, line takes a bit to gel we start off something like 3-3 / 4-4 end 10-6. Mixon goes off this year after a rocky start, gio puts up big numbers in the passing game because lazor actually utilizes him. Eifert gets hurt game 2, something ridiculous too like a sprained toe. Lingers, finally calls it a season in like week 10, needs back surgery because the toe sprain screwed up his back. Dislocates an elbow while rehabbing his toe. Needs back surgery because he tweaked his back in rehab. Get into the dance, finally get the win in the wildcard game only to get smashed in the divisional round.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 09:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I drink a lotta beer. Oh, your talking about the team? If history serves me correctly, I drink a lot of beer!

Keep drinking the beer. The Kool-Aid is bad here.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote