Poll: Which of these two playoff paths would you prefer?
3-seed - host [Jets, Chargers, Patriots, Dolphins, or Ravens] in the WC round, then [probably] go on the road to Buffalo/KC
5-seed - travel to the Titans in the WC round and then [probably] stay on the road in Buffalo/KC
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Preferred playoff path?
Don't matter to me, whoever, wherever - "they gotta play us"!
Reply/Quote
That Bill's game is gonna be good no matter what else happens.
Reply/Quote
They gotta play us.
Reply/Quote
Ill take the 1 Seed if possible

Outside of that Whatever is the Higher Seed gives us Home Field advantage... And that is the option ill take
Reply/Quote
I chose the 3 seed because it'd be nice to have at least one home game.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 11:28 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Let’s just hope for no more injuries. 

Nervous Uh oh. Prepare for rfaulk's wrath. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Always the higher seed. You want as many home games as possible.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 02:08 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Don't matter to me, whoever, wherever - "they gotta play us"!

I'm sure it matters to the team. Otherwise, they would start resting players. Homefield may not be essential. But it sure is valuable.

The mantra of "they gotta play us!" is witty and inspiring and nice and affirmative. But the Bengals are not some unstoppable juggernaut where it doesn't matter if the playoff game is at home or away.  The Bengals need to try and get as many home games as they can. 
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 10:45 AM)Nepa Wrote: I'm sure it matters to the team. Otherwise, they would start resting players. Homefield may not be essential. But it sure is valuable.

The mantra of "they gotta play us!" is witty and inspiring and nice and affirmative. But the Bengals are not some unstoppable juggernaut where it doesn't matter if the playoff game is at home or away.  The Bengals need to try and get as many home games as they can. 

Thanks Captain Obvious!!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 01:52 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: If we win out, we are #2 at worst, as we'd win the division and have the TB vs the Bills. We'd host the Dolphins/Ravens/Chargers/Pats/Jets in Rd 1.

We'd likely host the Bills in Rd 2.

If the Chief's stumble we'd have homefield in the AFC title game for (I think) the first time in over 40 years (Chargers freeze game). If not, delay the trip to Arrowhead for as long as possible.

Gonna be tough given the schedule, but that is the path we should seek.

I hope a missed extra point against the horrible Steelers isn't what sends us to Arrowhead for the AFC title game. 
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 02:03 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I hope a missed extra point against the horrible Steelers isn't what sends us to Arrowhead for the AFC title game. 

Everyone blames Wilcox for the snap, which was poor. But I maintain it was more on Sample blocking the wrong guy.  He blocks the outside guy and Fitzpatrick, who is inside and has a more direct path to the ball, gets the block. 

That violates blocking 101 on kicks, always take the inside guy first.  And blocking is supposed to be the (only) thing Sample is good at. 
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 02:29 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Everyone blames Wilcox for the snap, which was poor. But I maintain it was more on Sample blocking the wrong guy.  He blocks the outside guy and Fitzpatrick, who is inside and has a more direct path to the ball, gets the block. 

That violates blocking 101 on kicks, always take the inside guy first.  And blocking is supposed to be the (only) thing Sample is good atou're absolutely right!!! The blocking
You're absolutely right!!!  The failed blocking was the big culprit. Just hope it doesn't come back to haunt us in January. I'd rather face the Chiefs here than in Arrowhead.  Sample's error could be more costly than we even realized at the time.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 03:13 PM)Science Friction Wrote: You're absolutely right!!!  The failed blocking was the big culprit. Just hope it doesn't come back to haunt us in January. I'd rather face the Chiefs here than in Arrowhead.  Sample's error could be more costly than we even realized at the time.

We need to make that play not haunt us by just winning out. I know that is saying a lot but I still think this team can do it.
Reply/Quote
Selfishly, I voted for @ Titans lol.
Aside from the fact it means I wouldn't have to travel to go to the game, I think the Titans are less of a threat than the Dolphins or Chargers because they don't have a good passing game.
And while they did put up their 2nd-highest passing yards of the season when they played the Bengals Thanksgiving weekend, they still have only had 1 game all season with 300+ passing yards.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Whichever one means we get to wear the White Jerseys
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 10:39 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Nervous Uh oh. Prepare for rfaulk's wrath. Mellow

Nah. Just keep saying it and more guys can get hurt. It's working out great so far...

It's not on me. 

[Image: spongebob-squarepants-spongebob.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If we get the 5 seed, we may not face Tennessee in Wildcard Round. Watching the Colts today, they look very dangerous
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 03:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If we get the 5 seed, we may not face Tennessee in Wildcard Round. Watching the Colts today, they look very dangerous

Ah I rather think the Vikings look grossly incompetent today and it doesn't take geniusses to beat them. And the Colts might have lost Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 04:01 PM)hollodero Wrote: Ah I rather think the Vikings look grossly incompetent today and it doesn't take geniusses to beat them. And the Colts might have lost Taylor.

From a 33-0 lead to now a one-score game. Imagine being a fan seeing your team losing 33-0 at the half and now 36-28 and plenty of time left.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 02:03 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I hope a missed extra point against the horrible Steelers isn't what sends us to Arrowhead for the AFC title game. 
But what if the Bengals were  to win AGAIN in Arrowhead….legends would be born that day. 
Reply/Quote