Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Premature Whistle? what the NFL says
(01-16-2022, 12:14 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It had a ton of effect, it would have wiped off td and it was would have be a FG attempt,  we caught a break but about time....

You are right about the affect of the play, wrong about a break. 

THAT WAS A TD THAT THE REF'S WHISTLE ABOUT TOOK AWAY!!!

Mckauley and Dungy are jokes to me after this, the main ref made the right call and called it right.

He might lose his job cause of it and that is BS man! 

We probably score a TD anyways but I don't want to see this happening again.

Joe Burrow is just a magical QB, he is going to change these stupid rules.

A whistle changes a game GTFO!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:14 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It had a ton of effect, it would have wiped off td and it was would have be a FG attempt,  we caught a break but about time.

A FG attempt is not a given.  They would have had to replay the down, if anything.
Reply/Quote
It was a clean TD. Whistle should have never been blown in the first place. It's the NFL's problem, not ours.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:26 AM)Tomkat Wrote: A FG attempt is not a given.  They would have had to replay the down, if anything.

Yes they would have replayed play, we dont know if they would have scored look at replay 25 from raiders literally stop covering,  hey their mistake is our gain..who dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Only thing that needs to be discussed is why tf there was a whistle blown to begin with. Anything else is a waste of my damn time and I could care less.
Reply/Quote
We watched the game, we know what we saw. If you are annoyed by people that watched the highlights and present the game as the refs giving the game to Cincy that's on you. Enjoy the earned win.

You don't need to defend the handful of delay of games, 12 men (would have been 3 pts at least), worst roughing call ever, Cincy having to challenge a similar play to the one prior where NY rushed to the refs to correct the call.....see...that's exhausting. It was a bad call, Cincy had more incorrect calls against it, but regardless nobody can take that game away from them.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:21 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I would understand the fuss if players actually stopped because of the whistle, but the ball was already in the end zone when it was blown and not a single DB reacted to the whistle.

^^^^^^^^

This
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
If this crew were to take over for the NE/Buffalo game right now, NE could cover the spread.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:31 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Yes they would have replayed play, we dont know if they would have scored look at replay 25 from raiders literally stop covering,  hey their mistake is our gain..who dey

NO ONE STOPPED COVERING BECAUSE IF THE WHISTLE. The ball was literally past the front of the end zone before any whistle is heard. Boyd was 2 yards away from any defender at that point. No defender reacted to the whistle. I’ve watched it hundreds of times. Just because they got their butts beat by Boyd, doesn’t mean the whistle played a factor. Sorry, people don’t react in .5 seconds.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:31 AM)Takedown Wrote: Only thing that needs to be discussed is why tf there was a whistle blown to begin with. Anything else is a waste of my damn time and I could care less.

No shit Takedown.

Just made me mad them even talking about it. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:14 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It had a ton of effect, it would have wiped off td and it was would have be a FG attempt,  we caught a break but about time....

You're wrong again. An inadvertent whistle is a dead ball. Down would have been replayed. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:38 AM)phil413 Wrote: We watched the game, we know what we saw.  If you are annoyed by people that watched the highlights and present the game as the refs giving the game to Cincy that's on you.  Enjoy the earned win.

You don't need to defend the handful of delay of games, 12 men (would have been 3 pts at least), worst roughing call ever, Cincy having to challenge a similar play to the one prior where NY rushed to the refs to correct the call.....see...that's exhausting.  It was a bad call, Cincy had more incorrect calls against it, but regardless nobody can take that game away from them.

The roughing call balanced it out imo. I legitimately thought that was gonna cost us the game
Reply/Quote
On a side note...

That stop of Carr in the end zone should be reviewable.

Sure looked like a safety to me on the replay.

Even if the stop of forward progress his foot was clearly on the goal line marker.

His butt landed in the end zone.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'd also like to see an accurate all 22 with the snap and extra Raider on the field.

Was it simultaneous or prior to the Raider db signaling time out?

Just curious about that play.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The refs blew it and luckily we got the call.

It never should have been a controversy. It was a perfect play by Burrow to put up some points…one of the best, and most clutch throws of his career…..so far.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Most likely this crew's last playoff game this year. They were terrible

Raider fans thought the same...

[Image: nfl-orange-referee-uniform.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:52 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: NO ONE STOPPED COVERING BECAUSE IF THE WHISTLE. The ball was literally past the front of the end zone before any whistle is heard. Boyd was 2 yards away from any defender at that point. No defender reacted to the whistle. I’ve watched it hundreds of times. Just because they got their butts beat by Boyd, doesn’t mean the whistle played a factor. Sorry, people don’t react in .5 seconds.

^^THIS! I actually used my stopwatch to time it between the whistle and the catch and it is around .20 seconds. I did it about 5-6 times. 25 was around 4-5 feet away from Boyd when the whistle blew. It's not possible to cover that ground in .20 seconds ergo the whistle had ZERO effect on the outcome of the play.
Reply/Quote
When others bring up the subject of the whistle, do not get defensive. Do not argue why the whistle didn't mater.

Embrace the whistle!

The whistle is undeniable proof that the curse of Bo Jackson was lifted. If we were still cursed, they would've taken the TD away from the Bengals. The fact that they huddled and awarded us the TD anyway was just another sign that we were no longer the same old Bengals!
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:21 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The idiot ref shouldn't have blown the whistle anyway, burrow in bounds and easy TD. The refs have been pretty junk this year.

This ^ the play isn't dead until Joe has any part of his body touch out of bounds while he had the ball which did not ever happen. The refs were absolutely pathetic in general but that whistle shouldn't have blown until the play was over which was after it was caught in the end zone.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:23 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The rule is a whistle ends the play if it was a bad whistle I believe play would have been a do over, we caught a big break there,  if we had bern on other end, people would be bitching 

Easy to say, but I seriously wouldn't have been. It would have been absolutely ridiculous to call that TD back for that. If the rule would've done so, then the rule on that play needs amending. Burrow was clearly in, nobody was close to stopping Boyd grab the ball. The whistle did nothing to affect the play.

If they'd have called it back and we lost a close one, it would've been one of the worst playoff calls of all time. As it is, it's a load of bitching about a technicality rule.
Reply/Quote