Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons
(08-21-2021, 11:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You went on and on about his performance in NY based soley off sack totals, and his unit has been perfect 2 weeks in a row against elite DL’s and now it’s all about the run game?

Anyway, it hasn’t “sucked.” Patrick (who has the most carries on the team) has averaged 4.7 and 7.0 yards a game. And Evans went from 2.1 in his first (ever NFL) game to 3.9 his second. Looks like improvement to me.

Your hot take on Pollack is as bad as the one you had on Burrow.

I noticed they ran a lot less of the pitches with Evans this game. I only caught the end of the 2nd quarter on though.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 05:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Greg Zurlein is Legatron

Did u not know this?

How about Leginator?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 10:38 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How about Leginator?

I just thought of kick kong, but I personally think that’s too corny.

Big foot?

Idk

Legs benedict?
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 05:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Reddit is a cesspool

Well no one should know better than you.

You have made three posts in this thread and not a single on of them says anything about the game.  You don't even post about football anymore.  All you do is troll.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 11:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Well no one should know better than you.

You have made three posts in this thread and not a single on of them says anything about the game.  You don't even post about football anymore.  All you do is troll.

Not true, I’m contributing stupid nicknames for our kicker
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 09:12 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm disappointed in the run game so far as well. But the absolute #1 thing this line has to do is pass pro and they've done that well so far. If we go into the season with the running game still a work in progress it won't be ideal but I think we'll be able to get it going. Maybe wishful thinking but as long as were protecting Burrow I think good things are going to happen.

This is exactly the point. Some people will whine and cry about every little thing, while crapping on the most needed improvement. At this point in the season, I don't care one bit if they can run the ball. We have backup quarterbacks who are really no downfield passing threat, so teams can bolster their run defenses. Once Burrow gets back, they'll have to bolster their passing defenses, and the run game will open up. What is absolutely necessary, is being able to pass protect the QB this year, and so far after playing the best 2 defensive lines in football, ours are pretty much untouched. And that's Frank Pollack.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 10:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: To be clear, I wasn't saying Chase was Ross, only that the performance was Ross-like.  

You summed up some of the many issues of Ross, but another was just a lifeless approach.  He didn't seem to fight for balls and he absolutely alligator-armed some balls that would have gotten him crushed.  Which, btw, why on earth did Allen try to force that ball to Chase on that route.  Had he caught it, he would have been smacked big-time.  

I am not worried about Chase.  I think he is having some rookie issues and just getting acclimated back to the game.  

Yea I'm not sure why Allen set Chase up the way he did haha. 

I am very confident Chase will rebound. I think the expectations for Chase coming into the season were already reaching impossible heights, so I'm glad we're getting this reality check now rather than half way through the season. 
Reply/Quote
I think the line play on both sides is encouraging. Reader and Ogunjobi will be tough up the middle. Hell, the whole defense will with Wilson, Bates and Bell behind them, plus Hilton who seems to be a clear upgrade over Alexander. Awuzie and Waynes may not be elite, but they're good enough and potentially excellent on the periphery. Love the secondary.

The o-line is showing real signs of life. Carman looked competent and others like Price and MJ seem to be moving in the right direction.

It's still going to take time, but the things they needs to come together are. If health can be relatively good, I think we finally see a serious football team by the end of the season.
Reply/Quote
PROS: First team defense. Pass protection. Evan McPherson.

CONS: Everything else.
Reply/Quote
Now this how you run block

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 06:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Now this how you run block

That play made me gush. He crushed the LB there. I’m really looking forward to watching him in the third game. I don’t think he is going to win a starting spot for the opener, but I have seen improvement from week one to week two and that is encouraging.
Reply/Quote
Just watched the game as I had to go to my Grandma and my Dads Cousin's funeral yesterday and drank all day.

First team held up well on both sides for the most part, they let the RB scramble free (clean that up Logan).

Ja"Marr had like 3 drops, clean that up.

Shelvin looks like a beast on some plays and others looks a little lost.

Jalen Davis and Henderson I hope at least make the PS.

Team looks good, the Bengals team that is. Sure wouldn't want that other name. I just wish they stayed the Redskins.

I actually have many Native American bros that are pissed off about not even being mentioned anymore...

They be mad. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 11:06 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Not true, I’m contributing stupid nicknames for our kicker

I'm blaming you for what happens next.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 06:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Now this how you run block

Thanks Nicomo, but that is what Jack does.

Everyone that has watched the Jiant knows that he will obliterate dudes in the run game and he did the same on the TD run.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 07:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm blaming you for what happens next.

Lets start giving Frank Booth nicknames...Pervert
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 07:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just watched the game as I had to go to my Grandma and my Dads Cousin's funeral yesterday and drank all day.

First team held up well on both sides for the most part, they let the RB scramble free (clean that up Logan).

Ja"Marr had like 3 drops, clean that up.

Shelvin looks like a beast on some plays and others looks a little lost.

Jalen Davis and Henderson I hope at least make the PS.

Team looks good, the Bengals team that is. Sure wouldn't want that other name. I just wish they stayed the Redskins.

I actually have many Native American bros that are pissed off about not even being mentioned anymore...

They be mad. Mellow

My wife thinks it's ridiculous. 

The name thing. Not the 3 drops..
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 07:34 PM)SladeX Wrote: My wife thinks it's ridiculous. 

The name thing. Not the 3 drops..

Chiefs are next. I guess they'll be the Kansas City Football team.....KCFT
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 07:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Chiefs are next. I guess they'll be the Kansas City Football team.....KCFT

Did they just change the Cleveland Indians name too?

Heard that and couldn't believe it? Take away Major League movies too and the Bengals cause that is offensive to cats.

All my Native American friends are getting offended around here. They feel like they are just getting taken away.

IT IS BS!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 07:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Chiefs are next. I guess they'll be the Kansas City Football team.....KCFT

Lets just tell those people to STFU  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 07:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lets start giving Frank Booth nicknames...Pervert

I want my name to be Spaghetti
[attachment=1248]
Reply/Quote