Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Preseason Game 2 WFT pros and cons
(08-21-2021, 02:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: “It’s the passing game’s fault that cincy can’t run the ball”

Exactly what I was trying to say but even better man.  You are not only a gentleman, but also a scholar.  Rock On
Reply/Quote
I don’t think it makes sense for Chase to take big hits in preseason and the other two passes were poorly thrown. On the flip side, what he has been anointed as - the NFL is very blue collar, he is going to have to find a way to get the job done. That takes experience, but he will soon have to prepare to take his lumps.
Reply/Quote
Biggest concerns on offense so far is we suck
running the ball especially 1st offense and Chase just does not look good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 01:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, he’s not a miracle worker. And right now he’s got a patchwork OL keeping our QB’s upright. That’s a good start. Plus he’s barely had Mixon in there. I’ve seen enough flashes from Evans and Patrick that I think we could have at least a decent run game though.

Sorry the running game has sucked it actually is worse stats than last year..rarely any holes especially  1/2 team let's not sugar coat it for Pollack ..
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 11:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Biggest concerns on offense so far is we suck

Pretty hard to argue with this.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 11:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry the running game has sucked it actually is worse stats than last year..rarely any holes especially  1/2 team let's not sugar coat it for Pollack ..

And this.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Considering our first team O hasn't even played a cumulative half of football yet, I think it's too early to definitively say our rush game is bad. Defensive front evaluation also happens in-game and this isn't a facet we've gotten to see from our starters yet.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 11:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry the running game has sucked it actually is worse stats than last year..rarely any holes especially  1/2 team let's not sugar coat it for Pollack ..

You went on and on about his performance in NY based soley off sack totals, and his unit has been perfect 2 weeks in a row against elite DL’s and now it’s all about the run game?

Anyway, it hasn’t “sucked.” Patrick (who has the most carries on the team) has averaged 4.7 and 7.0 yards a game. And Evans went from 2.1 in his first (ever NFL) game to 3.9 his second. Looks like improvement to me.

Your hot take on Pollack is as bad as the one you had on Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 11:37 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Pretty hard to argue with this.

Actually it’s pretty easy. Joe Mixon has 3 total carries in 2 games. We haven’t even gotten a look at the first team running game yet.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 11:45 PM)treee Wrote: Considering our first team O hasn't even played a cumulative half of football yet, I think it's too early to definitively say our rush game is bad. Defensive front evaluation also happens in-game and this isn't a facet we've gotten to see from our starters yet.

You would think…

Reply/Quote
Instead of giving Pollack credit for getting results like this…

let’s just whine about our 2nd and 3rd string RB’s not dominating the defending Super Bowl champs and probably the nastiest DL in the league in the WFT…

Totally fair and rational take.

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 11:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You went on and on about his performance in NY based soley off sack totals, and his unit has been perfect 2 weeks in a row against elite DL’s and now it’s all about the run game?

Anyway, it hasn’t “sucked.” Patrick (who has the most carries on the team) has averaged 4.7 and 7.0 yards a game. And Evans went from 2.1 in his first (ever NFL) game to 3.9 his second. Looks like improvement to me.

Yeah, it's baffling. If anything, Patrick showing out shows that they may be best at a power run game. He has had holes, and hit them. Then he's broken some tackles at the next level. Maybe the others should just watch what he's doing.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 11:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You went on and on about his performance in NY based soley off sack totals, and his unit has been perfect 2 weeks in a row against elite DL’s and now it’s all about the run game?

You cant  even be honest if something is negative with  associated  with Pollack,  your like cheerleader, I am not sorry I'm not...  Facts are facts.  We have not run well overall especially  1/2 team jets oline sucked for 2 years tell me where I'm wrong. We have passed blocked well, I agree . So am I wrong there too.. . 
Reply/Quote
What is interesting is on the night they ran 25 times for 111 net yards (122 without the -11 yards from the two times yardage was lost). Superficially that sounds meh not not horrid. The weird thing is the run-pass balance was off, especially early. Way too many pass plays and weirdly almost all of them short plays into traffic instead of trying to go vertical at all. In the second half it was more balanced and ironically they looked better and without a pair of bad plays from Dungey they win the game.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:24 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You cant  even be honest if something is negative with  associated  with Pollack,  your like cheerleader, I am not sorry I'm not...  Facts are facts.  We have not run well overall especially  1/2 team jets oline sucked for 2 years tell me where I'm wrong. We have passed blocked well, I agree . So am I wrong there too.. . 

What in the world are you trying to say in this post??? 
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:20 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, it's baffling. If anything, Patrick showing out shows that they may be best at a power run game. He has had holes, and hit them. Then he's broken some tackles at the next level. Maybe the others should just watch what he's doing.
Starting to like this kid's running the rock!
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 05:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: How unoriginal and lame

Reddit is a cesspool

Again you add nothing but trolling...
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 11:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Biggest concerns on offense so far is we suck

(08-21-2021, 11:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry the running game has sucked it actually is worse stats than last year..rarely any holes especially  1/2 team let's not sugar coat it for Pollack ..

(08-22-2021, 12:24 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You cant  even be honest if something is negative with  associated  with Pollack,  your like cheerleader, I am not sorry I'm not...  Facts are facts.  We have not run well overall especially  1/2 team jets oline sucked for 2 years tell me where I'm wrong. We have passed blocked well, I agree . So am I wrong there too.. . 

Go. Away. From. This. Board.

Spew your passive-aggressive toxicity somewhere else, ESPECIALLY since by the numbers you are incorrect.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 11:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry the running game has sucked it actually is worse stats than last year..rarely any holes especially  1/2 team let's not sugar coat it for Pollack ..

I'm disappointed in the run game so far as well. But the absolute #1 thing this line has to do is pass pro and they've done that well so far. If we go into the season with the running game still a work in progress it won't be ideal but I think we'll be able to get it going. Maybe wishful thinking but as long as were protecting Burrow I think good things are going to happen.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2021, 01:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't think the Ross comment is fair. Ross's biggest problem wasn't just drops or sloppy routes. His biggest problem and what ultimately landed him in the dog house was his complete lack of effort and tendency to give up on plays even when he's being targeted. 

I have two explicit memories of Ross literally just tailing off a deep route when he decided it was thrown too far, only for it to drop a yard or so in front of him, meaning he could have got it if he just kept going. 
Then there was another case where he was running a crossing route and was wide open, the pass was a hair too wide and he just let up and trotted to a walk.

Chase is nothing like that. Maybe he has a drops problem, maybe this is just an aberration, but one thing I know for sure is that he cares a lot about doing his job. So he'll never be as bad as John Ross.

To be clear, I wasn't saying Chase was Ross, only that the performance was Ross-like.  

You summed up some of the many issues of Ross, but another was just a lifeless approach.  He didn't seem to fight for balls and he absolutely alligator-armed some balls that would have gotten him crushed.  Which, btw, why on earth did Allen try to force that ball to Chase on that route.  Had he caught it, he would have been smacked big-time.  

I am not worried about Chase.  I think he is having some rookie issues and just getting acclimated back to the game.  
Reply/Quote