Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread***
How the hell did this become debate about Andre Smith?

The Bengals were going to take a OT and he was the best of the high-rated ones and has proven to be so throughout his career.

I do remember a lot of folks being mad about the pick because of that Blindside movie.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The good news is most of the guys who played poorly won't be playing most of the season. The bad news is some of them will.  
Still just preseason and the number ones played pretty good to start the game.. I've seen worse. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 08:22 PM)grampahol Wrote: The good news is most of the guys who played poorly won't be playing most of the season. The bad news is some of them will.  
Still just preseason and the number ones played pretty good to start the game.. I've seen worse. 

So. it's worth watching the replay? 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 08:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How the hell did this become  debate about Andre Smith?

The Bengals were going to take a OT and he was the best of the high-rated ones and has proven to be so throughout his career.

I do remember a lot of folks being mad about the pick because of that Blindside movie.

Lol In their defense it was a good movie...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 08:21 PM)JumboTron Wrote: [Image: conceit.JPG]

WTF is that?

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 08:23 PM)Shady Wrote: So. it's worth watching the replay? 

for the first quarter it is. imo.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 08:22 PM)grampahol Wrote: The good news is most of the guys who played poorly won't be playing most of the season. The bad news is some of them will.  

You mean for that one drive all game?
Reply/Quote
Ken Zampese is probably the least qualified OC to hold that position at any level above High School football. You can bank on it that we are stuck with this guy until a new head coach is brought in. He will never ever get a chance to coach anywhere else. Leave it to Mike Brown to go out and draft early skill position players while completely disregarding the fact that he has a guy calling the plays that has zero business doing so.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 08:19 PM)Synric Wrote: No such thing as a non contact injury. Or is it only fat people get them?  Whatever

I don't get what exactly you are trying to defend here. Andre Smith was/is fat. He broke his foot non-contact TWICE before he was forced to get in a little better shape.

Are you denying Andre was fat? Or just that a very fat guy was "unlucky" to get two non-contact foot injuries? Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 08:10 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The announcer even said "good hold by Huber," but whatever.  They're gonna take the average guy instead of trying to develop someone and he'll let us down in a big game again.  Just watch.  

Kickers are the closest thing to a pitcher in football, as its more of a mentality than anything. They aren't like other positions. If Bullock is better right now, which he has been overall based on what Jim O has said, then he should get the nod because he is in a better mental state overall and has experience. Elliot goes to p.s., as chances are teams won't pick him up. 

Also, kickers are different in that they can actually get better after a few years into the league, unlike other positions where it's rare to see a jump in performance a few years into a career. For all we know, Bullock can come out and have a pro bowl like season. 

I just dont get the hang up on Elliot. If he was drafted in the late 6th or 7th round where he probably should/could've been, would it even matter?
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 08:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Nice game. We seen a lot tonight. Much better effort and tackling. We didn't win, but that doesn't matter since it doesn't count. We showed a lot of improvement.

Yup.. It certainly wasn't anywhere near as bad as some people will claim. 
I don't see world beaters out there, but still pretty good overall out of the gate.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 08:25 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Ken Zampese is probably the least qualified OC to hold that position at any level above High School football.  You can bank on it that we are stuck with this guy until a new head coach is brought in.  He will never ever get a chance to coach anywhere else.  Leave it to Mike Brown to go out and draft early skill position players while completely disregarding the fact that he has a guy calling the plays that has zero business doing so.

Yeah, the fact that they passed him over to get both Gruden and Hue, but then settled for him this time without interviewing anyone else makes it look like a really lazy loyalty hire.

Not been impressed with his offenses so far.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 08:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't get what exactly you are trying to defend here. Andre Smith was/is fat. He broke his foot non-contact TWICE before he was forced to get in a little better shape.

Are you denying Andre was fat? Or just that a very fat guy was "unlucky" to get two non-contact foot injuries? Lol

Arguing that he became a damn good RT and played at a high level...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Welp, I'm going back to JN to see how much we suck.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I'm just remembering all the fun I had last season exploding in anger over Zampese. Lol

Yeah I'd rather not watch the Bengals than have to watch him call pmays
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 08:25 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Kickers are the closest thing to a pitcher in football, as its more of a mentality than anything. They aren't like other positions. If Bullock is better right now, which he has been overall based on what Jim O has said, then he should get the nod because he is in a better mental state overall and has experience. Elliot goes to p.s., as chances are teams won't pick him up. 

Also, kickers are different in that they can actually get better after a few years into the league, unlike other positions where it's rare to see a jump in performance a few years into a career. For all we know, Bullock can come out and have a pro bowl like season. 

I just dont get the hang up on Elliot. If he was drafted in the late 6th or 7th round where he probably should/could've been, would it even matter?

Elliott will get picked up.  
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 08:23 PM)Shady Wrote: So. it's worth watching the replay? 
The first quarter, yes. The rest of the game ... Not so much.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 08:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Welp, I'm going back to JN to see how much we suck.

Lol
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 08:24 PM)WildCat Wrote: for the first quarter it is. imo.

Thanks. Based on what I heard about the other 3 qtrs, it's time to break out the brown paper bags again. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2017, 08:25 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Kickers are the closest thing to a pitcher in football, as its more of a mentality than anything. They aren't like other positions. If Bullock is better right now, which he has been overall based on what Jim O has said, then he should get the nod because he is in a better mental state overall and has experience. Elliot goes to p.s., as chances are teams won't pick him up. 

Some people seem to think every draft pick HAS to be the greatest player at their position ever or its a complete waste of a draft. They over value draft picks like always.  I don't care how we acquire players, draft, trade, free agency or CFAs.. It only matters what they do once they sign on the dotted line. 

Reply/Quote