Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Preseason week 2) ***Cincinnati Bengals @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers*** (Game Day Thread)
(08-23-2015, 02:14 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: Same thing I've always wanted to see in the Andy Dalton era:
Seven-step drop, clean pocket, time to check down, mismatch, completion.

Has to happen sometime, right?  Tongue

Simple, yet dead accurate.  With max protection, Andy should have all day on such a drop and with his weapons he would have a ton of choices. 

This is the Aaron Rogers formula:  send a bunch of targets out in a pattern, spread a defense, 7 step drop, pick them apart.  He has excellent mobility, but he does hold the ball a loooooong time as well. 

I completely agree with your thought, though.   Opposing DBs only have to cover our guys something like 2 seconds.  Why not make them actually work and find the open man?  We supposedly have such a great offensive line?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
One more: I don't want him injured, but I would like to see Winston get smoked a few times. Welcome to the league, famous!
Reply/Quote
I want to see the linebackers, WRs other than Top 3, McCarron, Still, etc.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 11:13 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: What will you be looking for this week?

I'm going to be watching the 2nd string O-line closely, as well as the LB group.

I also think there is some good competition taking place at the back end of the WR and CB units.

There are a few guys that I'm intrigued by right now and want to see more of...Kumerow, DeShawn Williams, Troy Hill and Chris Carter.

And of course, it'll be interesting to see how McCarron looks.

Okay.  Way to leave nothing unsaid.  lol.  Seriously, you pretty much said it all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I don't want any injuries… I say if Andy and Co score on the first two drives, then let them sit.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 11:13 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: What will you be looking for this week?

I'm going to be watching the 2nd string O-line closely, as well as the LB group.

I also think there is some good competition taking place at the back end of the WR and CB units.

There are a few guys that I'm intrigued by right now and want to see more of...Kumerow, DeShawn Williams, Troy Hill and Chris Carter.

And of course, it'll be interesting to see how McCarron looks.

McCarron.  Going to see if he has what it takes to be our backup.   I'm also curious to see how Jameis Winston does against our starting D Line..  
Reply/Quote
Those late games are killing me lol. 1 am and still 50 minutes to wait.

Who Dey from France !
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 08:12 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Those late games are killing me lol. 1 am and still 50 minutes to wait.

Who Dey from France !

Who Dey!  
Reply/Quote
Really excited to see what McCarron can do. Also wanna see Gio have a better outing this time around.
It's Rough in the Nasty Nati
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 08:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: One more:  I don't want him injured, but I would like to see Winston get smoked a few times.  Welcome to the league, famous!

Yeah, curious to see how he does against our starting D Line.
Reply/Quote
Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 08:30 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yeah, curious to see how he does against our starting D Line.

Ya unno in the past we have had a problem making rookie qbs look like all pros lol
Reply/Quote
Gonna be posting a lot during the game so that I can get my post count up and qualify for the "game day chat" lol
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 08:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: One more:  I don't want him injured, but I would like to see Winston get smoked a few times.  Welcome to the league, famous!
Probably ought to clarify that you mean Jameis.  Can't be vague about things like that which could get our QB or HB broken in case the football gods want to grant your wish!
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 08:35 PM)Nasty Nati Wrote: Gonna be posting a lot during the game so that I can get my post count up and qualify for the "game day chat" lol

I'll help out.  So how are you doing?
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 08:32 PM)Nasty Nati Wrote: Ya unno in the past we have had a problem making rookie qbs look like all pros lol

True in the past, but we embarrassed Johnny Football last year.  That was fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 02:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. Prince Akamura and DRC aren't a bad CB duo at all IMO.

I believe Prince was injured and did not play.
Reply/Quote
Who Dey Monday!!! Only a few more weeks til the real deal. Dang it I need to hit the post limit for the chat wth?!?!?

Do we still have an orange-haired QB?
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 09:02 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Who Dey Monday!!! Only a few more weeks til the real deal. Dang it I need to hit the post limit for the chat wth?!?!?

Do we still have an orange-haired QB?

Yes.  You have 11 posts to go.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2015, 09:03 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yes.  You have 11 posts to go.

Suuuhhwwweeeettt...Thanks!! Glad to see they lowered it from 50, I read on here almost everyday but not alot of offseason posting.
Reply/Quote