Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
President and First Lady test POSITIVE!
(10-02-2020, 12:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: I actually think if it wasn't for Hillary being mocked in 2016, Biden should suspend campaigning under these circumstances. I think that would be the proper thing to do in any other election cycle.

Trump rather I like him or not is the POTUS, and this should be a national emergency of sorts given his age, and him being high risk.

Trump downplayed everyone else getting it or having it. Time for him to sack up and show us how covid is just the flu with a new name. 

You wouldn't put off the election if one of the elderly candidates got the flu would you?

Game on.  Come on the idea of delaying this election is just unfathomably awful.  That and Trump supporters would take Trump in a coma over any Democrat.  Just get this over with. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 11:47 AM)Au165 Wrote: Just saw he now has "mild symptoms", whatever that may mean.

Usually cold symptoms without the flu symptoms of high fevers, severe body aches, and severe fatigue.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 12:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: See y'all think because the only interaction you have with me is here that Trump is dominating my real life.  He isn't.

I've been making fun of him since the early 90's.  I post his almost daily screw-ups here because this is a board for political posts and as the POTUS and a man who ants to dominate the attention of the nation all the time he is in the news all the time.

But I hate what he does.  I hate the things he says.  I hate the way he is.  I don't want him to die or get sick.  I want him to be a better human being.  Probably too late for that now.

And if he dies?  I won't weep becuase he doesn't deserve that from me.

FTR I don't weep when any celebrity/politician dies.  They are people just like you and me.  Some I dislike, some I like.

I kind of switched to generally speaking in the middle not you specifically.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 12:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I kind of switched to generally speaking in the middle not you specifically.

Fair enough!   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 12:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: Where did you see this? According to the CDC, as of June, we were 200k deaths ahead of last year. We should be getting another update on this soon I believe, but I am not sure where you saw that they were down.

I can’t remember but I thought it was legit. Not Facebook or something, but I could have been suckered
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 12:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I can’t remember but I thought it was legit. Not Facebook or something, but I could have been suckered

Yea, I just stumbled on the July numbers and we were running ahead of projections there too. It could have been some other adjusted number or something. As someone else mentioned though, it would have been reasonable to assume they would be down for things like vehicle crashes and such but could have been offset by other deaths related to being home.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 12:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: In yet another case of Dems being held at different standards. They are calling for Biden to suspend his campaign, which he will likely be pressured into doing.

2 things.
Those who are criticizing those for mocking Trump has forgot how they mocked Hillary when she had pneumonia.
Also, Trump was never asked to suspend his campaign and continued to hit her over her health through the episode and all the way up to the election.

Maybe it's too soon, but It's never too soon to call out hypocrisy when we see it.

There's no reason for Biden to suspend his campaign.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 12:48 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: There's no reason for Biden to suspend his campaign.

Agreed. Put one of these bloviating corpses in office and let's think about starting anew in 2024. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 12:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed. Put one of these bloviating corpses in office and let's think about starting anew in 2024. 

I really wonder what makes you see Biden in that stark way, as if akin to Trump.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 12:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, I just stumbled on the July numbers and we were running ahead of projections there too. It could have been some other adjusted number or something. As someone else mentioned though, it would have been reasonable to assume they would be down for things like vehicle crashes and such but could have been offset by other deaths related to being home.

That's what I figured. 

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 12:56 PM)hollodero Wrote: I really wonder what makes you see Biden in that stark way, as if akin to Trump.

'Cause he's Nately.  He don't like any of them.  "Not Trump" doesn't mean good.

Reply/Quote
Agree on Biden and the campaign. Them's the breaks.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 12:56 PM)hollodero Wrote: I really wonder what makes you see Biden in that stark way, as if akin to Trump.

My main defense of voting for Biden would be that Trump is a danger to democracy and Biden isn't great but he's an actual boring politician who doesn't have two terms in him. 

The idea that Biden could win and decline a 2nd term at the age of 81 is about the only thing about this election that calms me down. 

But yes Biden >>>>>> Trump
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 01:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: 'Cause he's Nately.  He don't like any of them.  "Not Trump" doesn't mean good.

See above. 

I'm not a total "hate em all" type, but Biden being a likely one term and decline sounds pretty appealing.  Now is also a strange time to have two candidates that could die tomorrow of very natural causes.  
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 08:38 AM)GMDino Wrote: First, I do not wish sickness or death on anyone.  Hopefully the fully recover.

Second, hopefully they learn something about the way the spoke and acted.  I doubt that will happen.

So many conspiracy theories on line already.

I really want to ask those who floated the "idea" that Biden would claim to be sick so he could skip the debates what they think of DJT getting it?

Does he have it?  You can't believe anything he says on a normal day...let along a day when his wife is on tape say **** Christmas decorations.

But if it's barely affecting anyone except the old and infirmed, if he refuses to wear a mask or social distance and his events...I will also not feel sorry for him or her.

He was able to get tested any time...not just when showing symptoms like the rest of us so he flaunted all the other mitigation methods. In fact he berated his opponent for wearing a mask and social distancing just this week.

And he continued to push for the complete reopening of everything everywhere because it's so safe.

Now he will self quarantine for two weeks.

Can you? Can your children? And everyone you or they might come in contact with?

He has access to the best, free to him (socialized?) Medicine in the world.

Do you?

Remember that the next time someone tells YOU to go out and risk getting yourself and others sick so they can say they did a great job.

---------------

Plus he's in "perfect health" (a slim 225) so he should be fine.  Ninja

So when he recovers will you admit there is a 99% chance of survival for anyone over 70 years old or will you ignore that fact that has played out? Have you seen the death rates? How about the death rates for children who people want to lock down.

I will pray for you and all who are hoping the first lady and President die from the China virus.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 07:46 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So why didn’t Trump take hydroxychloroquine as a prophylaxis as soon as Hope Hicks tested positive like he claimed he did in May?

When did you get access to the President's treatment?

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 01:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My main defense of voting for Biden would be that Trump is a danger to democracy and Biden isn't great but he's an actual boring politician

Seems like a pretty good reason to me... but never mind that, I was just curious why it seemed you put them on the same level of unbearable. /interjection
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 01:09 PM)hollodero Wrote: Seems like a pretty good reason to me... but never mind that, I was just curious why it seemed you put them on the same level of unbearable. /interjection

I can see why you'd think i meant that. I'm putting them on the same level of 4 years from now they're both out.  I want a reboot.  In politics?  Unlikely.  
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 12:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump downplayed everyone else getting it or having it. Time for him to sack up and show us how covid is just the flu with a new name. 

You wouldn't put off the election if one of the elderly candidates got the flu would you?

Game on.  Come on the idea of delaying this election is just unfathomably awful.  That and Trump supporters would take Trump in a coma over any Democrat.  Just get this over with. 

Trump has stated facts, this is not deadly for people less than 65 years old (science and facts prove it) and it is not as deadly for healthy Americans under 65 years old. All backed up by the facts.

If he survives, he will once again prove he is correct in everything he said. People get sick, people die daily so he if he survives it he proves an old person can get the virus just like the flu, manage it and go on with their life.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 01:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So when he recovers will you admit there is a 99% chance of survival for anyone over 70 years old or will you ignore that fact that has played out? Have you seen the death rates? How about the death rates for children who people want to lock down.

I will pray for you and all who are hoping the first lady and President die from the China virus.

Dude, why do you throw this much fire into it? Dino said multiple times he does not hope for Trump to die.

Also, Trump recovering, and it feels odd to even say that, does not "prove" anything about any death rates. Also, please do acknowledge that death is not the only severe consequence of having covid. Eg. it might severely affect the lungs and come with some othere severe threats that do not directly lead to death, but aren't just fine nonetheless. 

(10-02-2020, 01:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If he survives, he will once again prove he is correct in everything he said.

This sentence alone reaches levels of absurdity that aren't even expressible.
Reply/Quote