Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Press Conference at 3pm....
(01-11-2016, 05:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: He can't question the integrity of the officials. It's a fine and could jeopardize his position on competition committee. The other comments are reasonable, but most coaches not to openly call out the integrity of the officials, that is a big accusation with just circumstantial evidence.

Why not? A fine is nothing compared to the absolute need to let the fans know he is not taking the abuse lying down. Otherwise the Steeler cheap shotting will continue with them being assured there will be no consequences.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:25 PM)Joelist Wrote: Why not? A fine is nothing compared to the absolute need to let the fans know he is not taking the abuse lying down. Otherwise the Steeler cheap shotting will continue with them being assured there will be no consequences.

I can guarantee you he is doing what he can through the proper channels. 
He's on the competition committee. It will be discussed. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:25 PM)Joelist Wrote: Why not? A fine is nothing compared to the absolute need to let the fans know he is not taking the abuse lying down. Otherwise the Steeler cheap shotting will continue with them being assured there will be no consequences.

Because you can't throw out baseless allegations, it's not how the world works. There will be no "investigation" no matter what, so just stop with the nonsense. Officiating can be hit or miss on any given play. The refs didn't make Jeremy Hill fumble that ball.....let it go.
Reply/Quote
Same old shit.

Giggle...giggle...giggle...
Reply/Quote

The Bengals need to go ballistic questioning the integrity of the officials and fight like hell against any suspension of Burfict without a corresponding suspension of Shazier and Porter.

The officials were blatantly biased and all of them should be suspended at least as long as Burfict because they screwed up way worse than Burfict and are fully responsible for the game getting out of control.
Reply/Quote
Words cannot express how fired up I am for 2016.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:22 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It is. And the people whining here are just insane tbh. 

Not sure what they expected. 

How about a playoff win in 14 seasons for starters.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Words cannot express how fired up I am for 2016.

Stop it.  You'll be right there with the rest of us.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:29 PM)McC Wrote: Stop it.  You'll be right there with the rest of us.

We shall see.  Right now I'm more interested in seeing if Carson Palmer left his playoff craptitude in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
Not one single question from the media about the NEW NFL RECORD 0-7 in the playoffs!!!!

ZERO CREDIBILITY OF PUSSIFIED MEDIA!!! They are just glorified fan boys who do not wan't to get their media access card yanked by the Brown family, then they wouldn't get paid to gawk over there favorite players and team anymore!!

If there is any question by any Bengal fan regarding Marvin Lewis still remaining the coach of this team, after the debacle Saturday night, just listen to this press conference!!! ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY, LAUGHING AND GIGGLING OFF WHAT HAPPENED, BEING OBTUSE IN HIS ANSWERS!!!

All Bengals fans should be willing to get rid of this guy immediately, there should be a petition, and commitment not to purchase tickets and merchandise until change is made!!
Reply/Quote

Stop questioning the refs and instead start petitioning the NFL to empower referees with the tools and power needed to better officiate games.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:28 PM)Rattler Wrote: How about a playoff win in 14 seasons for starters.

Has nothing to do with the presser. Try again. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We shall see.  Right now I'm more interested in seeing if Carson Palmer left his playoff craptitude in Cincy.

You've posted nigh on 3 grand times about the Bengals.  Face it, my friend, you are a lifer.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:33 PM)McC Wrote: You've posted nigh on 3 grand times about the Bengals.  Face it, my friend, you are a lifer.

I never said I was done with the Bengals...I just said that I wasn't fired up about 2016.  You should have seen me the entire game on Saturday.  I wasn't letting myself get happy until the last second ticked down.  I'm a pessimist, but I've been right a lot recently.  So it goes.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:28 PM)bengals67 Wrote: The Bengals need to go ballistic questioning the integrity of the officials and fight like hell against any suspension of Burfict without a corresponding suspension of Shazier and Porter.

The officials were blatantly biased and all of them should be suspended at least as long as Burfict because they screwed up way worse than Burfict and are fully responsible for the game getting out of control.

Exactly. If they keep quiet and "work channels" when the issue was THIS egregrious all it does is send a message that they are WEAK and can be walked on. They need to be publicly demanding investigation nonstop and also demanding it be a third party investigation not using any of the usual NFL suspects. The point is to make it such a pain to the NFL that they do what they should have done already and put the officials on notice about being even handed.
Reply/Quote
After listening to the the Press conference, I feel the same way I did before each of these games : Texans @ Bengals , Bengals @ Arizona , Bengals @ Broncos, and Stoolers @ Bengals (WC). Absolutely ZERO confidence he can get it done in Primetime or Playoffs.

Thanks for NOTHING X7 , Marvin .. Enjoy your off season, buddy!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:08 PM)McC Wrote: That would take a huge jump in maturity and a big change in his personality.  I think, after two years, we probably know who he is.

Gio sucked in his second year as well. Hoping we see similar growth from Hill.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:30 PM)barkerja Wrote: Stop questioning the refs and instead start petitioning the NFL to empower referees with the tools and power needed to better officiate games.

Tools and power have nothing to do with the utter lack of consistency and even handedness in the officiating. You saw it in the way the two teams played - the Steelers looked like they knew they could target players with impunity and not get called on it while the officials were clearly looking for reasons to flag the Bengals for even a hint of targeting.

We can now add Gio to the Hall of Fame of Bengals players knowingly and deliberately targeted by the Steelers with no consequences of note:

- Palmer
 - Rivers
 - Huber
 - Eifert
 - Bernard

I'm sure I missed some.
Reply/Quote
Found it interesting that bengals security reported the social media stuff to the league. I imagine that was the death threat.

The league needs to step up. Everyone wants to act like marvin has no control but compared to how Tomlin runs that team.... Marvin looks like Patton.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:30 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Not one single question from the media about the NEW NFL RECORD 0-7 in the playoffs!!!!

ZERO CREDIBILITY OF PUSSIFIED MEDIA!!! They are just glorified fan boys who do not wan't to get their media access card yanked by the Brown family, then they wouldn't get paid to gawk over there favorite players and team anymore!!

If there is any question by any Bengal fan regarding Marvin Lewis still remaining the coach of this team, after the debacle Saturday night, just listen to this press conference!!! ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY, LAUGHING AND GIGGLING OFF WHAT HAPPENED, BEING OBTUSE IN HIS ANSWERS!!!

All Bengals fans should be willing to get rid of this guy immediately, there should be a petition, and commitment not to purchase tickets and merchandise until change is made!!

I asked these same questions, I think we have a reporter on the forum right? They might lose their job, so. It's all part of the game, I guess.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote