Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preston Brown getting cut
Good call.

The guy was awful.

Not that it matters to this season at all. I wonder if they save some dead cap if he's cut before the off season or something?
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's funny how many teams fans are tweeting that they want their team to sign Brown and Hargreaves!

Funny I tell you!

maybe its not the player its the scheme....

He lead the league in tackles before he came here....   So he can play.   Injury might still be holding him back a little.

If he was successful before he came here...  and is successful after.. It says a lot.
Reply/Quote
Imagine cutting a player you could trade for 2nd round picks. Who Dead.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:38 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Imagine cutting a player you could trade for 2nd round picks. Who Dead.

No way would anyone trade a 2nd round pick for Brown, but that's what the Bengals probably wanted in return to trade him before the deadline...IF they even answered the call.
Reply/Quote
Dumpster fire organization. Preston will sign with a playoff contender and probably win a ring
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:10 PM)Fullrock Wrote: How many LB's are left on the squad? LOL!
Not sure.
 Has anyone checked on Nick Vigil ?  I'm just concerned after Lamar Jackson spun him around in a 360° leaving Vigils ankles broken, cleats stuck in the turf and dangling jock strap in his wake ?   Shocked
Reply/Quote
Good move admitting the mistake and moving on.

It is interesting how fans of teams are acting like an all pro was just released.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
So hopefully the players take notice. Andy benched. Brown cut. Is there a who's next?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:11 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Chiefs had some interest in trading for him. Bengals probably wanted a 2nd round pick in return. 2 weeks later they cut him lol.

Typical Mike Clownshoes.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Right last name, wrong person... Should've been Mike.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:48 PM)Goalpost Wrote: So hopefully the players take notice. Andy benched. Brown cut. Is there a who's next?

I'm sure Preston is crying about it...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: Good move admitting the mistake and moving on.

It is interesting how fans of teams are acting like an all pro was just released.

Not sure how you can say this was a good move...

it may be the right thing to do but has Preston Brown changed who he was in the past few months??...coaches knew what they had with him and chose to resign him and put him in the 2 LB scheme where he was chasing shadows all day.  

If that was how they were planning to use him then the good move would have been to look elsewhere in pre season and not in week 10
Reply/Quote
Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr · 59s59 seconds ago
This might be the first time we see the #Bengals late hiring of a DC have a tangible effect. Wasn't much time for new coaching staff to evaluate before free agency and if front office wanted to bring back Brown, staff was a little bit at their mercy.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:42 PM)Fullrock Wrote: No way would anyone trade a 2nd round pick for Brown, but that's what the Bengals probably wanted in return to trade him before the deadline...IF they even answered the call.

He had better numbers on other teams. I don't care anymore, I'm going to turn into the clueless and optimistic bengals fan from now on. 
Reply/Quote
I would love to know who actually pushed for or whatever you wanna say Brown and Hart being signed this past off season. And who was behind Brown's release now. Who is responsible for signing a mediocre player to a semi big contract and then cutting him 9 games into the first season.

I'd guess Hart doesn't make the team next season as well.

I'm doing a bad job of saying I just don't get how this team is ran and who's running it ?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Interesting, wonder what's up ?

Um, the last time he made a play the road out in front of PBS was a prairie....
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:42 PM)Trademark Wrote: Dumpster fire organization. Preston will sign with a playoff contender and probably win a ring

That’s a good a prediction as any. He was a good player in Buffalo before coming to Cincinnati to be coached down.
Reply/Quote
Probably clearing way to pay AJ and then draft a LB.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: maybe its not the player its the scheme....

He lead the league in tackles before he came here....   So he can play.   Injury might still be holding him back a little.

If he was successful before he came here...  and is successful after.. It says a lot.

I think that you and I both realize this.

I feel like more will come out with this move.
Reply/Quote