Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preston Brown getting cut
(11-12-2019, 01:15 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Probably clearing way to pay AJ and then draft a LB.

Bengals already had ~$15m in cap space before this move, and AJ is already making $15m this year.

So unless the Bengals are planning on paying him more than $30m/yr, then no, that is not what is happening.

Before this move, the Bengals were looking at ~$59m in cap space heading into the 2020 season, and that's assuming Dalton's $17.7m is there in 2020, so it'll likely be like $76.7m in cap space.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:15 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Probably clearing way to pay AJ and then draft a LB.

Great. I look forward to seeing AJ on the bench in a sweatshirt for years to come.

I guess this is positive. At least they're looking at the barn doors even though all the horses are long gone.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:11 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I would love to know who actually pushed for or whatever you wanna say Brown and Hart being signed this past off season. And who was behind Brown's release now. Who is responsible for signing a mediocre player to a semi big contract and then cutting him 9 games into the first season.

I'd guess Hart doesn't make the team next season as well.

I'm doing a bad job of saying I just don't get how this team is ran and who's running it ?

Hart as a BACKUP is ok. Hart as a STARTER is bad.

If Hart signed like a 3 year, $9 million contract to be a backup Tackle...I think people would be ok with that.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:13 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Um, the last time he made a play the road out in front of PBS was a prairie....

He's not suited for a 2 LB scheme...that's for sure. Too slow.

At some point, the coaches have to realize what they have.
Reply/Quote
Wow this must mean they like Germaine Pratt...wonder I'd they will go with Pratt and Evan's this week.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So does this mean those of us who said the Bengals shouldn't re-sign Brown in the offseason were right all along? Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So does this mean those of us who said the Bengals shouldn't re-sign Brown in the offseason were right all along?  Ninja

Haha. Quite a few of us are on record as saying Brown was a run thumper who didn't fit in the modern NFL. Actually I remember pundits saying it too.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Looking ahead, Dalton will give us 17+ million in cap space. I am not sure we keep AJ so money we had earmarked for AJ becomes available. I have a hunch many others also under contract in 2020 and beyond will be cut after the season. A winless team creates the new to blow it up and admit you need a rebuild.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I am more than okay with it.
Now cut Gio, Hart, and Uzomah.
Trade Atkins, Dunlap, Kirkpatrick and Dalton for picks in offseason. Time for a reboot.
My guess is Mike had a talk with them about underperforming and they said these are your fing dumbass signs, not ours.
Reply/Quote
He shouldnt have been resigned in the first damn place.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It would be dumb to cut him. His salary is guaranteed this year at this point so it doesn't matter we are paying him if he is here or not. This is about recouping value in the offseason with a trade for a player at a premium position. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I love this. Spot the heck on.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Looking ahead, Dalton will give us 17+ million in cap space. I am not sure we keep AJ so money we had earmarked for AJ becomes available. I have a hunch many others also under contract in 2020 and beyond will be cut after the season. A winless team creates the new to blow it up and admit you need a rebuild.

One would think. The Bengals might just tweak.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I like this move.  I also like black licorice, anchovies, and Ringo Starr's disco album so take that into consideration.

Ringo Star had a disco Album?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:54 PM)J24 Wrote: Ringo Star had a disco Album?

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr · 59s59 seconds ago  
This might be the first time we see the #Bengals late hiring of a DC have a tangible effect. Wasn't much time for new coaching staff to evaluate before free agency and if front office wanted to bring back Brown, staff was a little bit at their mercy.

The way the D has played, we have already seen the tangible effect of the late (and desperate) hiring of the DC
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:00 PM)pally Wrote:

Yet another botched free agent re-signing by the front office.

This off-season was about as bad as I've ever seen from this team.

Reply/Quote
All the more reason to can Tobin.
I like how in the off season people were bringing up
PFF numbers to defend Brown .
Where are they now?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 03:53 PM)impactplaya Wrote: All the more reason to can Tobin.
I like how in the off season people were bringing up
PFF numbers to defend Brown .
Where are they now?

Who was doing that? Guy was graded terribly in PFF last season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote