Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preston Brown signs with the Bengals
(03-16-2018, 01:30 PM)Okeana Wrote: someone said its a one year deal, but no way.  He was one of the better linebackers in this free agency and he's young.  he wouldn't take a 1 year deal when he put up some of the highest stats at his position.  So i'm eagerly waiting to heal the details on the deal.

I agree.  It does not seem like a guy this young, healthy, and productive would ever take a 1 year deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 01:30 PM)Okeana Wrote: someone said its a one year deal, but no way.  He was one of the better linebackers in this free agency and he's young.  he wouldn't take a 1 year deal when he put up some of the highest stats at his position.  So i'm eagerly waiting to heal the details on the deal.

I will say this tho if its a big long term deal this could add validity they are looking to trade Burfict and i wouldn't be surprised to see news on that today if its true
Ian rapport reported as a 1 year deal. It's all he took is a 1. 
Reply/Quote
He's not that Athletic maybe a one or two down player not a bad move but a bit underwelming for me.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 01:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree.  It does not seem like a guy this young, healthy, and productive would ever take a 1 year deal.

Apparently is a Cincy Native.... So maybe he wanted to come home

Even if hes not great in coverage the LBer we drafted last year is suppose to be
Reply/Quote
This makes me worried that we might actually trade Burfict. I wouldn't want that to happen at all. If that happens then LB will become a need even with this signing. If we keep Burfict, then this is fantastic.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Gotta say I'm shocked (in a good way). I was advocating for him or Zach Brown before FA started but I thought once the Bengals traded for Glenn, re-signed Eifert and Huber, and picked up Baker, the cap would be gone for adding more FAs. Solid LB to pair with Burfict.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hey, Buffalo..

Y'all got anymore of those good players that you won't be needing?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 01:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think we are looking to Draft our Center early as we should. More upside than any of the current FA Centers and much cheaper. 

Sure would love a ballhawk Safety though, they were already looking at one in Coleman before.

That's what I keep looking back on... They must know that our safeties are weak. So should we assume maybe they make room for a Kenny Vacarro or dare I say 'Honey Badger'...(joking)...? Or maybe they try to move up and get Derwin James. Give up one of our 3rd's if he starts falling?
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I'll pile on, it's a great signing as I'm sure they didn't pay that much for the one year deal. Minter was bad, Brown is a clean tackler that's limited in coverage but they'll gameplan around him. They still need another LB in the draft, but this one move makes the unit look a lot better.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 01:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The last three seasons he has finished 1st, 6th, and 11th in the league in tackles.

Over than span Bobby Wagner is the only player with more tackles than Brown's 396.

(03-16-2018, 01:44 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He's not that Athletic maybe a one or two down player not a bad move but a bit underwelming for me.

How in the world could this be considered underwhelming?

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 01:46 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: This makes me worried that we might actually trade Burfict. I wouldn't want that to happen at all. If that happens then LB will become a need even with this signing. If we keep Burfict, then this is fantastic.

I really don't think Burfict is going anywhere. That's Marvin's boy.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Keep these moves coming! We’re now better at OT and LB, which were two of our biggest weaknesses.

Now we just need a Center...

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 01:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree.  It does not seem like a guy this young, healthy, and productive would ever take a 1 year deal.

Maybe he just wanted to get a deal done and options are still open to do a longer term deal later.

What is great is he is in the fold before the Draft.

(03-16-2018, 01:46 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: This makes me worried that we might actually trade Burfict. I wouldn't want that to happen at all. If that happens then LB will become a need even with this signing. If we keep Burfict, then this is fantastic.

It is fantastic Brownshoe, they aren't trading Burfict man. That was complete BS with nothing behind it.

Scared you though as it did me understandably.

(03-16-2018, 01:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Gotta say I'm shocked (in a good way). I was advocating for him or Zach Brown before FA started but I thought once the Bengals traded for Glenn, re-signed Eifert and Huber, and picked up Baker, the cap would be gone for adding more FAs. Solid LB to pair with Burfict.

Same here, thought maybe Gerald Hodges as he was cut and can play SAM but this is much better, dude is a top LB in the NFL. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 01:50 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: How in the world could this be considered underwhelming?

We need athleticism on this roster not another run stopping LB. It's a push between him and Minter.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
As much as I like to rag on Marvin, and generally feel like he never says much with any meaning to it, I have to take a moment and give him credit. When he said; We're going to have to do a better job at getting good players from other teams, I thought it was just more of his fluff talk. As it turns out, seems like he may have been serious this time.

For once in a very long time, I'm pleased with the offseason moves that my team is making. Now, I'm starting to get a little optimism back!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Minter’s problem was part scheme part getting hurt just as he was getting acclimated to it. He did not fit in our scheme as Gunther used it.

Brown may fit better as we also have a new DC. He is definitely a run defense LB but is also competent against the pass. Not one of these LBs with the speed to play Safety but competent. With him and Burflict we may go LB in Round 2 for example now - but my gut says we’re going OT and C in Rds 1 and 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 01:50 PM)Takedown Wrote: That's what I keep looking back on... They must know that our safeties are weak. So should we assume maybe they make room for a Kenny Vacarro or dare I say 'Honey Badger'...(joking)...? Or maybe they try to move up and get Derwin James. Give up one of our 3rd's if he starts falling?

Vaccarro would be pretty damn spendy man but i didn't think they would of got a LB of Preston Brown's ability either.

Derwin i think it still out of the question as we would have to move up to around the 8th spot to grab him. He was in
play before but now it is more of a Ronnie Harrison type in the Draft. But Center is more likely at 21 now IMO.

Center in the first, S/LB in the 2nd, RT and TE in the 3rd is where i would go right now...

(03-16-2018, 01:50 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: How in the world could this be considered underwhelming?

Couldn't of found a better LB, i think ole Jakeypoo just doesn't know anything about Preston Brown. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 01:44 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He's not that Athletic maybe a one or two down player not a bad move but a bit underwelming for me.

lmao WTF are you talking leading tackler in the nfl.  proven 3 down linebacker and one of the most consistent guys in the nfl.  top 20 linebacker for sure and this will free up burfict to move back to his natural position and start making those pro bowl plays.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Umm what the hell is going on down at PBS?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 01:30 PM)Okeana Wrote: I will say this tho if its a big long term deal this could add validity they are looking to trade Burfict and i wouldn't be surprised to see news on that today if its true

Hopefully they are trying to do what they've needed to do the last several years:  shore up the middle.  Tez did not look good at the Mike (though he probably would have adjusted).  With Baker, Brown and Burfict we have the some run stopping capability we did not have last year.

Now we can focus on finishing off the O-line and D-line.  This has been the formula that has been successful for the Eagles, Jaguars and Rams.   If we were to go Price and Shephard 1 and 2 we'd be a long way to having a much more powerful team.
Reply/Quote