Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price Trade
(03-09-2020, 10:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That particular site, along with a whole host of others these days, are more notorious for attempting to create news than actually reporting real news. 

The article title says "TRADE IDEA" so it's not like it's trying to pass itself off as the truth or something definitive.  I think people are getting a little too eager to attack the evil media for duping them in some cases.  It's ok for articles to speculate and not everything that is written is a declaration of 100% verifiable, this happened, truth.

Hell, I'd argue this thread title is more "fake news" than the article since it almost seems like we traded Price.  I'd suggest:

Possible Price trade?

or something to that effect.  Back on topic, I can't imagine us getting a decent pick for Price unless other teams are really sure we are completely ruining his career.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 10:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That particular site, along with a whole host of others these days, are more notorious for attempting to create news than actually reporting real news.  It really is unfortunate for someone like yourself, with limited access to NFL info.  

In Scotland, eh?  Have you ever carried the Dinnie Stones, can you turn a caber?

Thanks for the info on the site and in regards to your questions, the answer would be a big NO on both!!
Maybe 20 years ago i might have attempted them but not now lol 
Reply/Quote
A 2nd or 3rd round pick for a 3rd year Center who's dealt with injury issues and couldn't win a starting job on our pathetic Oline?

If the Bengals could pull that off, they should be given some kind of award.

If we were to trade Price, I think the target price would be a 5th or 6th round pick.

With that said, I think we'd be much more prudent to just keep him on the team and see if, after recovering from his injuries, he can live up to his draft potential.

We've already sunk a first round pick into the man. May as well see if he can turn it around.

But my expectations for him at this point are nonexistent.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 08:58 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: Thanks for the info on the site and in regards to your questions, the answer would be a big NO on both!!
Maybe 20 years ago i might have attempted them but not now lol

I'm in the same boat. Not that I even know what that is lol.

Price is one of those guys that puts a team in quite a quandary ! He's a 1st round draft pick and teams hate to give up so soon. But his PFF grades are awful and he's just getting beat way to often.

How many chances does a guy get ? Do you hold a roster spot for a guy that just isn't getting the job done ?
Reply/Quote
Considering what we would get in return I'd rather keep him through training camp to see if he has improved.  Who else do we have that could be back up senter?

Last year Price was my biggest disappointment on a team full of disappointments.  I really thought his rookie struggles were due to not being able to work out during the offseason.  In fact I was counting on him to be one of the keys to improving our O-line.  But he just looked bad.
Reply/Quote
see if he can crack the lineup in camp if hes healthy.... if not let him go value in a trade probly isn't there if theres a chance he can contribute still
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 09:15 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: How many chances does a guy get ? Do you hold a roster spot for a guy that just isn't getting the job done ?

Don't guarantee him a roster spot, but let him come to training camp to compete.
Reply/Quote
I think he has some trade value to a team that needs a center. He wasn't AS bad there compared to guard. Some team could put more weight into injuries or see something they think is fixable. I think a 5th or 6th may be the range for him.

I think I'm reading overthecap.com right on him. It says his cap hit is $3.2M if he stays on the team. If they cut him, it'd accelerate his bonus to a cap hit of $6.9M. If they trade him, the cap hit would be $3.3M.

I think with the cap #s involved, the only option off the table is cutting him. You either trade him or ride it out another year hoping the lights come on.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 09:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Considering what we would get in return I'd rather keep him through training camp to see if he has improved.  Who else do we have that could be back up senter?

Last year Price was my biggest disappointment on a team full of disappointments.  I really thought his rookie struggles were due to not being able to work out during the offseason.  In fact I was counting on him to be one of the keys to improving our O-line.  But he just looked bad.

Michael Jordan. He played Center his final year at Ohio St.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Sadly it's coming to this.

I wish he would turn it around, but he got out played and we signed our Center of the future and he's not working out at RG either. Maybe it was due to injuries, but I'm sure a team is willing to give up a 5th for him. It's like Oggy, sucked while here but playing much better with a new team. Could be our OL coaches really sucked under Marvin, and that's what teams will be thinking as well.
Reply/Quote
Not a good time to trade Price, he wouldn't bring anything of value, he has yet to show anything.

I keep him and hope he turns it around.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 09:15 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm in the same boat. Not that I even know what that is lol.

Price is one of those guys that puts a team in quite a quandary ! He's a 1st round draft pick and teams hate to give up so soon. But his PFF grades are awful and he's just getting beat way to often.

How many chances does a guy get ? Do you hold a roster spot for a guy that just isn't getting the job done ?

They are sports we have in our Highland games
The Dinni Stones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYFrsJ_6Chg

Tossing The Caber
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb0FU8rSisU
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 03:15 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: They are sports we have in our Highland games
The Dinni Stones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYFrsJ_6Chg

Tossing The Caber
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb0FU8rSisU

How about, "Eatin' the Haggis?"
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Haggis is quality, its catching the wee buggers that's the problem lol
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 10:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That particular site, along with a whole host of others these days, are more notorious for attempting to create news than actually reporting real news.  It really is unfortunate for someone like yourself, with limited access to NFL info.  

In Scotland, eh?  Have you ever carried the Dinnie Stones, can you turn a caber?

you MUST speak pissburgese to understand this?

Reply/Quote
I must admit, Price was moved to center in college from being a guard and did quite nicely. However he is NOT an NFL type player. I graduated from THE OSU and this hurts me to say this but I kinda blame the scouts for this pick. Or should I say the lack or scouting! I do apologize to all that hate Price but being from OSU it is NOT what we expected!

Reply/Quote
I'd trade Price for a carton of Lysol wipes and some sanitizer. But we'd probably have to throw in a pick to get that.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 03:41 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Haggis is quality, its catching the wee buggers that's the problem lol

I must say, I go absolutely NUTS for Haggis; easily one of my 10 favourite foods and individually, I wouldn't touch any of those things.

All of the parts of it together with Neeps and Tatties, just beyond divine, I LOVE it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 11:30 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Michael Jordan. He played Center his final year at Ohio St.

What's Bodine doing these days? Ninja
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 03:43 PM)RASCAL Wrote: you MUST speak pissburgese to understand this?

I don't know about "pissburgese", but I do know plenty about the origins of modern Strength Sports and Heavy Athletics.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote