Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price Trade
(03-10-2020, 07:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know about "pissburgese", but I do know plenty about the origins of modern Strength Sports and Heavy Athletics.

I know about just being heavy! Wink

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 08:10 AM)Au165 Wrote: Billy Price is a late day 3 value at this point. My guess is he will net you a 6th but if you hold on to him through training camp you could maybe get a 4th/5th for him next year if there is another David Andrews type situation.

yet another reason to ask why is tobin still around? another botched   
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 10:15 PM)kalibengal Wrote: yet another reason to ask why is tobin still around? another botched   

Was it Tobin’s decision to trade back though? I don’t believe for a minute Price was our first choice. Detroit took our guy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Maybe he wasn't fully healthy last year. Maybe?
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 10:15 PM)kalibengal Wrote: yet another reason to ask why is tobin still around? another botched   

To be fair, Belichick drafted a corner two years ago in the 2nd and traded him away for a similar pick the following year. Everyone misses but when you win people care less. Having an all time great QB has actually covered for how horrible Belichick has been drafting in general. 
Reply/Quote
All of Scotland should be Bengals fans. There whole history is like one long Bengals' season. Paul Brown would be Alexander III. Mike and company would be the Comyns. We have no Earl of Carrick yet. Of course we know who England would be.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Maybe you should write him a letter and let him know, who to draft..
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 08:44 AM)Au165 Wrote: To be fair, Belichick drafted a corner two years ago in the 2nd and traded him away for a similar pick the following year. Everyone misses but when you win people care less. Having an all time great QB has actually covered for how horrible Belichick has been drafting in general. 

Yes sir, all the more reason to Draft Burrow who has similar traits.

(03-11-2020, 10:02 AM)michaelsean Wrote: All of Scotland should be Bengals fans.  There whole history is like one long Bengals' season. Paul Brown would be Alexander III. Mike and company would be the Comyns.  We have no Earl of Carrick yet.  Of course we know who England would be.

FREEDOM!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 10:02 AM)michaelsean Wrote: All of Scotland should be Bengals fans.  There whole history is like one long Bengals' season. Paul Brown would be Alexander III. Mike and company would be the Comyns.  We have no Earl of Carrick yet.  Of course we know who England would be.

Yeah, things are changing here at last
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 03:21 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Yeah, things are changing here at last

I'm going to get there some day.  Don't change too much.  

(I hope my other post didn't read as an insult. I just meant all the turmoil the country has been through.)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Call Miami and tell em we have the perfect excuse for screwing up all those 1st round picks. "You know you're gonna screw em up so why go through such agony when you can just trade them all for one Billy Price." Ya just never know.. They might say, "Yeah...we really are gonna screw the pooch so why not?"
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 04:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm going to get there some day.  Don't change too much.  

(I hope my other post didn't read as an insult.  I just meant all the turmoil the country has been through.)

The changes will be for the better mate, don't worry I didn't take it as an insult at all. 
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 10:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Was it Tobin’s decision to trade back though? I don’t believe for a minute Price was our first choice. Detroit took our guy.

It’s every team’s responsibility to know the needs and likely targets of every other team. At minimum, the teams who pick around them. They should have known DET was targeting Ragnow and been willing to move ahead if they wanted him that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 09:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It’s every team’s responsibility to know the needs and likely targets of every other team. At minimum, the teams who pick around them. They should have known DET was targeting Ragnow and been willing to move ahead if they wanted him that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBF I think all of us thought Price was a good selection at the time and I didn't expect the Lions to take Ragnow.

Ragnow was the Center I wanted the most in that Draft as you probably remember. More pro ready.

I just hope that Price can overcome the T-Rex arms and become a good Guard for us, he has upside with his smarts and anchor.

Injury has to have something to do with his poor play as well as the short arms. Has to, makes no sense to me other wise.
Reply/Quote
Price easily is the worst performing 1st RD pick of that Draft
Wanna know why this franchise has missed the playoffs every year since 2015.....drafting stiffs like Price
At some Tobin has to be held accountable
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 09:37 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Price easily is the worst performing 1st RD pick of that Draft
Wanna know why this franchise has missed the playoffs every year since 2015.....drafting stiffs like Price
At some Tobin has to be held accountable

Yep. Which is why I have zero confidence in this years draft. After Burrow of course.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 11:58 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Yep. Which is why I have zero confidence in this years draft. After Burrow of course.

For every Billy Price there’s a Tyler Boyd or Sam Hubbard. You miss on some, you hit on some.

Outside of some really bad OL picks (which did set us back), I feel like the notion that we have been drafting terribly in recent years is greatly exaggerated.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 12:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For every Billy Price there’s a Tyler Boyd or Sam Hubbard. You miss on some, you hit on some.

Outside of some really bad OL picks (which did set us back), I feel like the notion that we have been drafting terribly in recent years is greatly exaggerated.

Who is the last Bengals 1st Rd pick that was ever considered 
Elite or really great at his position ?
1ST RD picks are 1ST RD picks for a reason 
This franchise's selections after RD 1 are out playing the RD 1 choices 
It sure as heck isn't a formula to reach the playoffs 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 01:23 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Who is the last Bengals 1st Rd pick that was ever considered 
Elite or really great at his position ?
1ST RD picks are 1ST RD picks for a reason 
This franchise's selections after RD 1 are out playing the RD 1 choices 
It sure as heck isn't a formula to reach the playoffs 

You're correct there although over the last 10 years, it's been proven that they've still drafted better than most of the league overall. Until a few years ago, they had NE and several other teams pilfering from their talent.

They have seemed to be more snake bitten with Injuries to their 1st Round picks more than anything. It's been frustrating for everyone.

2014---Dennard---Decent pick over the years now.
2015---Ogbuehi--- HURT and a BUST
2016---Pretty good draft overall---William Jackson---HURT but a pretty good player (Also drafted Boyd, Vigil, Billings, Fejedulum, Core).
2017---John Ross---HURT and a semi bust so far (But also drafted Mixon, Lawson, Glasgow, Evans, Wilson) Not bad.
2018---Price---HURT and a Bust so far (Also got Bates and Hubbard, Phillips, Harris, Tate) Decent and still proving themselves
2019---Williams---HURT

I guess Burrow should be shaking in his shoes after looking at all their 1st rounders getting hurt? Lol
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 09:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: TBF I think all of us thought Price was a good selection at the time and I didn't expect the Lions to take Ragnow.

Ragnow was the Center I wanted the most in that Draft as you probably remember. More pro ready.

I just hope that Price can overcome the T-Rex arms and become a good Guard for us, he has upside with his smarts and anchor.

Injury has to have something to do with his poor play as well as the short arms. Has to, makes no sense to me other wise.

I know in Ragnow's rookie season he was just as bad as Billy. I really don't how he did last season though
Reply/Quote