Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Price Trade
(03-12-2020, 02:12 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I know in Ragnow's rookie season he was just as bad as Billy. I really don't how he did last season though

He graded out at 74.9.

For comparison, Price was at 41.8.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 01:23 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Who is the last Bengals 1st Rd pick that was ever considered 
Elite or really great at his position ?
1ST RD picks are 1ST RD picks for a reason 
This franchise's selections after RD 1 are out playing the RD 1 choices 
It sure as heck isn't a formula to reach the playoffs 

We’ve been much better in rounds 2-4, that’s for sure. Hopefully both Jonah Williams and Burrow work out, which would make things look a lot better.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 03:21 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Yeah, things are changing here at last

Was in sctoland last year. American airlines (horrible company) screwed up my flight to Spain, ended up in Dublin for a layover. Probably the friendliest people on the whole trip.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 03:42 AM)Benton Wrote: Was in sctoland last year. American airlines (horrible company) screwed up my flight to Spain, ended up in Dublin for a layover. Probably the friendliest people on the whole trip.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 09:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: TBF I think all of us thought Price was a good selection at the time and I didn't expect the Lions to take Ragnow.

Ragnow was the Center I wanted the most in that Draft as you probably remember. More pro ready.

I just hope that Price can overcome the T-Rex arms and become a good Guard for us, he has upside with his smarts and anchor.

Injury has to have something to do with his poor play as well as the short arms. Has to, makes no sense to me other wise.

I thought he was a reach. I had him as a 2nd rounder.
With that said, I still thought he'd be better than he has been.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 11:58 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Yep.  Which is why I have zero confidence in this years draft.  After Burrow of course.

Until that moment Burrow's name is called, I can't guarantee the Bengals will pick him.
With our luck, we'll hear...
"With the 1st overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select...Justin Herbert, QB Oregon!"
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 03:48 PM)RASCAL Wrote: I must admit, Price was moved to center in college from being a guard and did quite nicely. However he is NOT an NFL type player. I graduated from THE OSU and this hurts me to say this but I kinda blame the scouts for this pick. Or should I say the lack or scouting! I do apologize to all that hate Price but being from OSU it is NOT what we expected!

I'm no scout, but I read a fair few scouting reports ahead of that draft. The thing that struck me from those scouting reports about Price was that he seemed to lack elite traits and wasn't a future pro-bowl type which seemed surprising for a non-premium position pick in the first round.

It seemed to be a bad reach (pun not intended about T-Rex arms) at the time. Surely if you are taking a C in the first they need to have the ceiling of a perennial pro-bowler? And if you needed to take a C in the 1st then surely James Daniels, who was still available and had a much higher ceiling, albeit a lower floor, made more sense?

(03-10-2020, 10:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Was it Tobin’s decision to trade back though? I don’t believe for a minute Price was our first choice. Detroit took our guy.

Trading back and targeting a C was fair enough - there wasn't just Ragnow but also Daniels. The issue is they then took Price instead of Daniels.

(03-12-2020, 03:42 AM)Benton Wrote: Was in sctoland last year. American airlines (horrible company) screwed up my flight to Spain, ended up in Dublin for a layover. Probably the friendliest people on the whole trip.

That makes no sense. Were you drinking whisky or whiskey?
Reply/Quote

Did you come over from Ireland during your layover? I've been to Dublin a few times, really nice city but bloody expensive
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 02:12 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I know in Ragnow's rookie season he was just as bad as Billy. I really don't how he did last season though

Ragnow was much better last season.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 09:51 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I thought he was a reach. I had him as a 2nd rounder.
With that said, I still thought he'd be better than he has been.

Center was our biggest weakness at the time and we haven't took a Center in the first in like 40 years so I was good with 
either of the 3 in the first. Ragnow was my favorite, I haven't watched and seen what Daniels has done in the NFL so far BTW.

Has to of been better than Price.

(03-12-2020, 09:53 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Until that moment Burrow's name is called, I can't guarantee the Bengals will pick him.
"With the 1st overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select...Justin Herbert, QB Oregon!"

Don't say those things!!! Say What
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 09:53 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Until that moment Burrow's name is called, I can't guarantee the Bengals will pick him.

Holy hell. Worst nightmares.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2020, 11:55 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: What round of draft pick do we have to give a team to take him?

Seriously though, I will cut him a little slack for his bad play in the second half of the season, since it was reported he was dealing with a back injury. Not a total pass overall though, because he stunk it up at center when healthy.

Freshman year in high school I was dealing with a lower back injury. One of my positions was second string OG and it felt like getting stabbed every time I hit somebody. Not easy to play through that.

This.  It would be the ultimate "buy high, sell low" mistake.  His value has never been lower, following another disappointing season.  However, it has been reported that it was different injuries in the past couple seasons (including one being the back injury you mentioned).  I am not ready to give up on the guy just yet, and I can't imagine the Bengals would unless they got something really strong like a 3rd rounder or higher (and I agree with the majority that will not happen).  A draft pick of decent value would allow them to "reset" the clock on the position under the rookie wage scale, so that is something to consider.

My dream for Price is that he is 100% healthy, likely starts the season on the bench but has to play for an injury for a short time, but is dominant.  He ends up being our RG for a long time.  Not saying I believe that could happen, but it would sure be nice to see the guy pay off in the long run. 

Remember Hopkins had a very rocky start to his career with injuries as well....although he wasn't a first round pick. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 08:44 AM)Au165 Wrote: To be fair, Belichick drafted a corner two years ago in the 2nd and traded him away for a similar pick the following year. Everyone misses but when you win people care less. Having an all time great QB has actually covered for how horrible Belichick has been drafting in general. 

No doubt.  NE has seemingly been one of the worst drafting teams.  They have a real warehouse of former turds...the difference is they don't play them and get rid of them.  They accumulate picks, hit on a few, and get their gaps filled in FA.  
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 12:25 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: No doubt.  NE has seemingly been one of the worst drafting teams.  They have a real warehouse of former turds...the difference is they don't play them and get rid of them.  They accumulate picks, hit on a few, and get their gaps filled in FA.  

Honestly, their FA additions are pretty bad as well. They have hit on a few like Gilmore, but they have a pretty long list of failures (same with their trades). They keep swinging which is admirable but literally they thing that has given them shelter was the fact the won in spite of all the bad moves, and we will find out soon enough how big a deal Brady was in that.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 12:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly, their FA additions are pretty bad as well. They have hit on a few like Gilmore, but they have a pretty long list of failures (same with their trades). They keep swinging which is admirable but literally they thing that has given them shelter was the fact the won in spite of all the bad moves, and we will find out soon enough how big a deal Brady was in that.

Either that or Brady stays and/or they have another Matt Cassel situation on their hands and still look like a top team.  Brady is the GOAT of course, but the Patriots are also a well-run organization so I'm not going to throw dirt on them until they've been dead for quite some time.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 12:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Either that or Brady stays and/or they have another Matt Cassel situation on their hands and still look like a top team.  Brady is the GOAT of course, but the Patriots are also a well-run organization so I'm not going to throw dirt on them until they've been dead for quite some time.
Belichick the coach is FAR and away better than Belichick the GM. Belichick the coach helps cover for Belichick the GM. In most cases if it was just Belichick the GM he would have been fired a long time ago. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 12:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: Belichick the coach is FAR and away better than Belichick the GM. Belichick the coach helps cover for Belichick the GM. In most cases if it was just Belichick the GM he would have been fired a long time ago. 

THey also trade for players and sign FAs and all that jazz and they get results so players are willing to take friendlier deals to get there.  The main reason I have faith in their organization is because they get results with or without Brady and they use an aggressive multi-faceted approach to team building that is proactive.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 12:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: we will find out soon enough how big a deal Brady was in that.

I think it is all Belichick.

Bill Parcells never won anything without Belichick as his DC.

Belichick took the Browns to the playoffs as a head coach.

In 2008 the Pats won 11 games when Brady missed the entire season and Matt Cassell was their QB.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 01:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think it is all Belichick.

Bill Parcells never won anything without Belichick as his DC.

Belichick took the Browns to the playoffs as a head coach.

In 2008 the Pats won 11 games when Brady missed the entire season and Matt Cassell was their QB.

It may be, I think the thing with coaching is it only gets better with time usually. Brady's skills were going to diminish no matter what but there is nothing stopping Belichic from getting better as he gets older and fine tuning his system. I think Belichick will find far more success post Brady then Brady would find post Belichick. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2020, 01:48 PM)Au165 Wrote:  I think Belichick will find far more success post Brady then Brady would find post Belichick. 

Right, and that is not necessarily a knock on Brady because, as you said, father time is undefeated against NFL players.
Reply/Quote