Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progressive or Conservative
(09-18-2015, 11:55 AM)Benton Wrote: Because.... that's not agricultural.

Mellow

Really, though, two things. First, there should be limitations. Working a cash register isn't such a big deal. But "without any limitations" takes on a different meaning in coal mines, strip clubs and munitions plants. Some basic safety is needed there that no limitations doesn't allow for.

Second, as Fred mentions below, it's up to the state. Which I thought you were in favor of. If Florida has strict child labor laws, try a Democrat run state like Kentucky. You can have employees here 14 years of age or older, whether they're family or not. You can have them under 14 provided it's part of a school sanctioned learning experience.

And that's just the legally part. You mention a Chinese restaurant. I've got two in my area where the family participates. Somtimes the kids ring up the register, sometimes they bring out the food. Sometimes they're just there doing homework. It's not the same as child labor in the 1800s where kids were working in coal mines 12 hours a day.

She has to act like she isn't working and only works when no one is there. And if she is asked she answers quickly no I'm not working . Which is odd because she "not works" from after school to close.

I think a kid should be able to work a family business. With no limits . After all they are getting a lesson in life and what they will be doing.
(09-18-2015, 06:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That's how messed up we are atm.   We actually think progressive = moderate lol

Yes, that is how messed up you are atm.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-18-2015, 07:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yes, that is how messed up you are atm.

The fact you actually think progressivism is a good thing is scary. Thankfully your professional enough to not allow that into your lessons.

Progressoves have been radicals throughout time, and now they have fooled people to actually think their radical ideas are moderate lol

Personally I can't wait for my kids teacher to explain how they will be teaching progressivism.
(09-18-2015, 06:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: She has to act like she isn't working and only works when no one is there.   And if she is asked she answers quickly no I'm not working .   Which is odd because she "not works" from after school to close.  

I think a kid should be able to work a family business.   With no limits .  After all they are getting a lesson in life and what they will be doing.
You're losing me. How does she pretend not to be working if she works the register? Pretend she accidentally rings up pepper steak, fried rice, and two sweet teas?
I am just stopping by to freak Lucy out, as I am enrolled in college to change my current undergrad in to a secondary English/Education degree and impart my super liberal ideology (using subliminal, liminal, and superliminal techniques) to future generations.

Wink
(09-18-2015, 08:16 PM)Westwood Bengal Wrote: I am just stopping by to freak Lucy out, as I am enrolled in college to change my current undergrad in to a secondary English/Education degree and impart my super liberal ideology (using subliminal, liminal, and superliminal techniques) to future generations.

Wink

[Image: a3a687d292dfc22ec3ec008e70ba49560977cd30...3d52ff.jpg]
(09-15-2015, 01:07 PM)nevergonnachange Wrote: No, most people avoid being classified because they aren't in lockstep with one side or the other.  I'm pretty conservative on a lot of issues but conservatives wouldn't have me because I don't care about abortion, I don't thump the bible and i don't hate the *****.

It's sad that you're trying to make 'open-minded' a bad thing.

Rep again ...
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(09-18-2015, 06:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: She has to act like she isn't working and only works when no one is there. 

So why do they need someone to work a cash register when there is no one there to buy anything?

And how did you find out about this?
(09-18-2015, 07:40 PM)Benton Wrote: You're losing me. How does she pretend not to be working if she works the register? Pretend she accidentally rings up pepper steak, fried rice, and two sweet teas?

Opens school books pretends to do homework.   It's a whole charade.
(09-19-2015, 01:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So why do they need someone to work a cash register when there is no one there to buy anything?

And how did you find out about this?

We frequent the place. They have fantastic food. And the place is very busy, which brings me back to my original point. Kids should be able to work a family business with no limitations. It's basically their lesson in a trade.
(09-18-2015, 08:16 PM)Westwood Bengal Wrote: I am just stopping by to freak Lucy out, as I am enrolled in college to change my current undergrad in to a secondary English/Education degree and impart my super liberal ideology (using subliminal, liminal, and superliminal techniques) to future generations.

Wink

Haha

It shouldn't matter what teachers say, parents should be leading any of these discussions.

Maybe I should get back into education as well lol.
(09-19-2015, 03:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Opens school books pretends to do homework.   It's a whole charade.

So if the kid does this when people come in, how can the kid run the register? Hard to run the register without customers, and hard to run the register with customers if the kid pretends not to be working when anyone comes in.

(09-19-2015, 03:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We frequent the place. They have fantastic food. And the place is very busy, which brings me back to my original point. Kids should be able to work a family business with no limitations. It's basically their lesson in a trade.

Then write to your state legislator. It's the state's laws that prevent it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-19-2015, 03:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Opens school books pretends to do homework.   It's a whole charade.

Again, how does that work?

Someone walks up with a ticket, she opens the book and pretends to read while ringing up the exact order and making change?

LOL

Go on, Lucie, pull the other one.

Then she is NOT working the cash register?

I still don't understand how this works.
(09-19-2015, 03:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We frequent the place.   They have fantastic food.    And the place is very busy, which brings me back to my original point.   Kids should be able to work a family business with no limitations.   It's basically their lesson in a trade.

If they don't agree with the state labor laws then they should just move to another state..

Isn't that the answer to every problem?

A charade like this BS story? Or a charade like your BS "marriage"?
(09-17-2015, 02:06 PM)Benton Wrote: Women's suffrage. Trust busting by Taft. Child labor laws.

All those were progressive policies. I'm interested to see how repressing women's rights, working children with no voice and a lack of competition by businesses are freedoms.

Personally, we could use a bit more of that these days. More competitive business field, clearer voting rules, student loan reform, campaign reform. All those are currently among considered progressive policies.

That certainly was progress, and those are progressive agendas, but enacting laws to ensure the dignity of and basic human rights for everyone is not on the  same plane as ensuring a competitive business field, "Student loan reform" or wealth redistribution. 
In their contempt for individualism, and under the guise of "progress", progressives envision an infinitely expansive government. There is no line not to be crossed. 
(09-18-2015, 07:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The fact you actually think progressivism is a good thing is scary.   Thankfully your professional enough to not allow that into your lessons.    

Progressoves have been radicals throughout time, and now they have fooled people to actually think their radical ideas are moderate lol

Personally I can't wait for my kids teacher to explain how they will be teaching progressivism.

Unless both you and your fake wife work more than 18 hours/day, why would you look forward to this when home schooling is very simple, very low cost, and very effective?

(09-17-2015, 02:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Home school then.   Very low cost and very effective.

(09-18-2015, 10:05 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Wrong.  very simple.   Unless both parents work 18 hours a day.

At least "your" consistently, inconsistent.  But, inconsistency is to be expected when someone can't keep track of their lies.
Teddy Roosevelts Progressive platform believed in social welfare and regulating big business, which makes liberals happy... but Teddy also said this which makes ya'lls head explode:

[Image: 2ltqa9v.jpg]

So continue to cherry pick.

...and Teddy hunted and killed animals too.  Maybe even a lion. Shocked
(09-22-2015, 07:24 PM)Blutarsky Wrote: Teddy Roosevelts Progressive platform believed in social welfare and regulating big business, which makes liberals happy... but Teddy also said this which makes ya'lls head explode:

[Image: 2ltqa9v.jpg]

So continue to cherry pick.

...and Teddy hunted and killed animals too.  Maybe even a lion. Shocked

Also loved war more than any other President i can think of.