Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proof of evolution that you can find on your body
(03-21-2016, 12:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How about the guy I replied to; You didn't find any snark or belittlement in that post? Or are you just concerned/condeming with my posting style?

Belittlement?  No.  Snark? Not really.

He explained what was in the video vs what your response was to it.  Then made a general observation about a typical move by creationists matched what was in your response.

Sorry.  Sad
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-21-2016, 12:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: God luck with that. I don't think you will be punished simply for believing in the wrong deity. Might not ever see heaven, but who knows, I could be wrong?

So you think if you accept Jesus' father as the god of all things and you end up standing before Mohammad and "Muslim god" you'll be safer than me?  I'm the guy who says that humans are far too inferior to the god/gods to conclude anything but self-serving blasphemy, after all!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-19-2016, 07:04 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Answers based on science for some reason make more sense than an ancient book full of stories.

Science and believing in a higher power don't have to be mutually exclusive, man. 

Im Christian and I completely believe in evolution. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
(03-19-2016, 11:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah,  but losing a tail as we evolve makes sense; it actually confirms evolution. What benefit is there in degrading our ability to hear Scooby Doo?

is it a result of generations of men tuning out women?
(03-21-2016, 12:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Science and believing in a higher power don't have to be mutually exclusive, man. 

then you are what we call an exception to the norm...

see with your statement there.. You dont need to Believe in evolution its proven FACT.
(03-21-2016, 12:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: then you are what we call an exception to the norm...

see with your statement there.. You dont need to Believe in evolution its proven FACT.

I agree. It is proven fact. Hell, I was taught about evolution in Catholic school. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
(03-21-2016, 12:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Belittlement?  No.  Snark? Not really.

He explained what was in the video vs what your response was to it.  Then made a general observation about a typical move by creationists matched what was in your response.

Sorry.  Sad

Okey Doke
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-21-2016, 12:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So you think if you accept Jesus' father as the god of all things and you end up standing before Mohammad and "Muslim god" you'll be safer than me?  I'm the guy who says that humans are far too inferior to the god/gods to conclude anything but self-serving blasphemy, after all!

I think I'll be fine as the Muslim God and the Christian God are the same deity.

(03-21-2016, 12:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: then you are what we call an exception to the norm...

I personally believe evolution is a theory.  What I don't believe is that the word THEORY is a bad thing, as it has been portrayed for self-serving reasons.   It irks me to no end when people say "Evolution is a theory" and act like the word theory brings with it some sort of shaky uncertainty that leaves the door open to (insert your religion here).

A buddy of mine who is more of a Charlie church than me was talking about some new church of his talking about how evolution doesn't disprove god, etc.  He started off by saying "Evolution is a theory" and I rolled my eyes.  His response was "I'm sorry, but it IS a theory" and I pretty much said that I know it's a theory, but the word theory carries more strength than weakness.  

Yes, evolution is a THEORY, but saying it is a theory doesn't mean CHECK-MATE, it's all speculative BS.

(03-21-2016, 12:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think I'll be fine as the Muslim God and the Christian God are the same deity.

Oof, you'll never be able to run for office with that sort of admission there.  
(03-21-2016, 12:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I personally believe evolution is a theory.  What I don't believe is that the word THEORY is a bad thing, as it has been portrayed for self-serving reasons.   It irks me to no end when people say "Evolution is a theory" and act like the word theory brings with it some sort of shaky uncertainty that leaves the door open to (insert your religion here).

A buddy of mine who is more of a Charlie church than me was talking about some new church of his talking about how evolution doesn't disprove god, etc.  He started off by saying "Evolution is a theory" and I rolled my eyes.  His response was "I'm sorry, but it IS a theory" and I pretty much said that I know it's a theory, but the word theory carries more strength than weakness.  

Yes, evolution is a THEORY, but saying it is a theory doesn't mean CHECK-MATE, it's all speculative BS.

Oof, you'll never be able to run for office with that sort of admission there.  

Evolution is as much as a theory as Gravity is a theory.
(03-21-2016, 12:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Science and believing in a higher power don't have to be mutually exclusive, man. 

Yep. I had a priest explain how they are compatible when I was in 5th of 6th grade (Catholic school).  I've held on to that ever since.

That's why I don't understand why it is so important to some people to deny evolution or ANYTHING that science proves.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-21-2016, 12:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think I'll be fine as the Muslim God and the Christian God are the same deity.

Wow,  he really is a huge liar then

I am guessing that you think he told the Christians the truth, right?
(03-21-2016, 01:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow,  he really is a huge liar then

I am guessing that you think he told the Christians the truth, right?

Sure do.

(03-21-2016, 12:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Each individual understands the bible differently.

If it really were the word of god you would think he would make his directions clear for everyone.

Unlike creationism, evolution doesn't require your belief. Its there whether you "believe" it or not.
(03-21-2016, 11:08 PM)Beaker Wrote: Unlike creationism, evolution doesn't require your belief. Its there whether you "believe" it or not.

What is the origin of life from which we have evolved?

(03-20-2016, 08:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How grand of you.  Let's just see how you define "freedom of association.

White person gets what he wants?  Check.

White people still get what they want?  Check.

So basically you believe in freedom of association, but just for white people.

Is this wording better for you?

If a black person wants to live around white people, then he should be able to.

If a black person wants to live around all black people, then he should be able to.

Black person gets to do what he wants.  Check.

Continue being you, Fred.  It makes all of us smile.
(03-21-2016, 11:05 PM)Beaker Wrote: If it really were the word of god you would think he would make his directions clear for everyone.

As I've said; it is not a textbook. All you have to do is believe (not sure how much more simple it can get) , you are his child not his student. 

As it is written: Man says show me and I'll trust you. God says trust me and I will show you. 

(03-20-2016, 10:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is it really that simple?  You see someone who is white and think "Well, this guy obviously will be easy to live with!" because I'd imagine the vast majority of people on this board are white and you don't seem to like many of us.

ZING!

Did I ever say it was simple?

Only a simpleton would think I did.

I don't believe in Utopias.

I don't support the notion that diversity is only achieved by bringing in non whites to white areas.  I don't think we will find enrichment by forcing a perverted view of "diversity" onto the communities.

BTW:  There are plenty of people on this board I could easily live near.  Don't get it confused with the ones that are clueless as to what I am about.  Sure they wouldn't want to live near me, but I would be fine with that.  It would be a win - win.  They don't want me near them and I don't want them near me. 

It is like Kanye West saying that he will leave the country if Trump is elected.  He says this like it is a threat and that we would lose something in him leaving.  While the reality is the majority of our country would be more than happy to see him gone.
(03-21-2016, 01:10 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Evolution is as much as a theory as Gravity is a theory.

So it should be the Law of Evolution?