Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed KO rules....
Anyone care to guess what sport results in the most concussions?
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 11:30 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Anyone care to guess what sport results in the most concussions?

Anyone knows the answer is Soccer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 11:30 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Anyone care to guess what sport results in the most concussions?

Full contact ping pong golfing chess.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 11:51 PM)grampahol Wrote: Full contact ping pong golfing chess.  

Lol close, Sunset was correct. Girls Soccer.
Reply/Quote
Football is officially dying. Thanks Goodell
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Never seen so many drama queens in my life.

Injuries are rising in the NFL. All they are trying to do is make it safer. And all I hear is "They're killing footbal!!!" "It is going to be banned"
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 08:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Never seen so many drama queens in my life.

Injuries are rising in the NFL.  All they are trying to do is make it safer.  And all I hear is "They're killing footbal!!!"  "It is going to be banned"

Injuries have been happening since the game's inception.  So just now, after all these years, injuries on kick offs are a serious problem and we must do away with it?  

Players know full and well what they are signing up for when they elect to play the game.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 08:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Injuries have been happening since the game's inception.  So just now, after all these years, injuries on kick offs are a serious problem and we must do away with it?  

Actually injuries are getting more common and more serious as players have gotten so much larger and faster.  The impact of the collisions in todays game are much greater than 30 years ago when LBs weighed 220 lbs and ran 4.8.

(05-04-2018, 08:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Players know full and well what they are signing up for when they elect to play the game.  

This is the dumbest argument i have ever heard.  It is the exacts same one that coal companies used to use to justify sending miners down indo dangerous mines with bad air.  If a guy wants to play professional football he should still be allowed to protect his health.

Easy for the fans to sit on their butts and complain about how THEIR game is being ruined because the players want to protect their health.
Reply/Quote
Players don't want to change it....Fans don't want to change it....who exactly are they trying to appease?
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 08:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually injuries are getting more common and more serious as players have gotten so much larger and faster.  The impact of the collisions in todays game are much greater than 30 years ago when LBs weighed 220 lbs and ran 4.8.

This is the dumbest argument i have ever heard.  It is the exacts same one that coal companies used to use to justify sending miners down indo dangerous mines with bad air.  If a guy wants to play professional football he should still be allowed to protect his health.

Easy for the fans to sit on their butts and complain about how THEIR game is being ruined because the players want to protect their health.

Nobody forces anyone to be an NFL player or coal miner.
Reply/Quote
The play isn't as exciting as it used to be.  The league average for kickoff returns for a TD are holding steady at about 5 to 7 kickoff returns for TDs per year.  Did you know that the Bengals haven't had a kickoff return TD since 2009 with Bernard Scott?  In fact, that play has been the only Bengal kickoff return TD within the last DECADE.  One touchdown in the past decade is worth having players endure the nastiest of collisions in the game, in a fashion that is unlike any other play in football?  Is it really that much more thrilling than a punt?

Here's a video that may express a different way of looking at the issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_SsIKgwvz4
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 08:59 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Nobody forces anyone to be an NFL player or coal miner.

But that does not explain why coal miners and football players should have to risk theior life and health when it is not necessary.

All you are doing is cheering for the explotation of other peoples misery for your own pleasure.  You like cheap coal so coal miners should die to give you that.  And you like seeing football player injure each other so they should do that for your also.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 08:57 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Players don't want to change it....Fans don't want to change it....who exactly are they trying to appease?

Players do want more safety.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 08:32 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Kickoffs should be punts anyway. Safer and more exciting than kickoffs.

Actually, I think that quite a few teams will look into just that. After all, it is not illegal to punt the ball on the kickoff.

I think we'll see MORE long returns with the proposed rule change, not fewer.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 08:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually injuries are getting more common and more serious as players have gotten so much larger and faster.  The impact of the collisions in todays game are much greater than 30 years ago when LBs weighed 220 lbs and ran 4.8.

Funny you bring up the fans.  If it weren't for fans paying money to be entertained by the football players, there would be no such thing as Professional Football.  Mellow

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 12:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Funny you bring up the fans.  If it weren't for fans paying money to be entertained by the football players, there would be no such thing as Professional Football.  Mellow

And if people did not buy coal there would be no paid coal miners.

So does that mean coal miners have to work in dangerous mines with poison air?

Anyone who claims he is going to stop watching the NFL if they eliminate kick offs is just flat out lying.  No one can even tell what players are on the kickoff and coverage teams.  None of them can give a list of the top 5 most exciting Bengal kick returns from last year.  Those "fans" are nothing but a bunch of drama queens.
Reply/Quote
Well, where's the PETITION link to the NFL to keep the KICKOFF as part of the game????
Reply/Quote
I hope they don't eliminate the Kickoff but I have no problem with them tinkering it. Also why don't they have a strike zone on tackling and blocking?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2018, 12:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And if people did not buy coal there would be no paid coal miners.

So does that mean coal miners have to work in dangerous mines with poison air?

Comparing Football players to coal miners is a bit of an apples to oranges comparison.  Football players are entertainers whose sole purpose to for the amusement of the paying fans.  A coal miner might feel like he has to do the dangerous job to simply support his family.

But sure, go ahead an continue to make irrational comparisons and claim that they're logical. 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2018, 02:15 PM)depthchart Wrote: They should just leave the rules the way they are but have all of the players wear those blow up Sumo Suits during kickoffs. That would slow all of them down enough to limit concussions and be must watch TV.

Guys belly blocking each other. Some having trouble running in the direction they are trying to run. Others stuck laying on their backs etc.

Would be like the old electric Football game where the field vibrates moving the players who go in circles or fall over.

Could increase TV ratings...

[Image: B1146730196.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote