Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Props to the O-line
I know it’s the Jaguars but props to the o-line today. Redmond made a huge difference and how about Bobby Hart? All in all good stuff
Reply/Quote
Jonah's best game of his career thus far, which gives me a lot of hope for his future.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah I've been down on them and Zac but both stepped up today. We threw downfield early and at least gave the defense something to think about. Good game today.
Reply/Quote
I seen some good play calling today. But as the OP said, "It's the Jaguars." I think we can get a serious confidence boost facing Baltimore. But, I don't think we can take them, or at least not yet. They are on another level. On a positive note, we are not at .500 yet, and there are several things in the previous 3 games that could have made us reach that point, but we didn't execute.

This team is getting better.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I seen some good play calling today. But as the OP said, "It's the Jaguars." I think we can get a serious confidence boost facing Baltimore. But, I don't think we can take them, or at least not yet. They are on another level. On a positive note, we are not at .500 yet, and there are several things in the previous 3 games that could have made us reach that point, but we didn't execute.

This team is getting better.

They are getting better. 

Does kinda suck that, coming off a nice win, they have to go play the Ratbirds.  Woulda been real nice to have a winnable game come next.  Would be nice to be able to build on this week.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
line played well.. no sacks, fiew pressures and good running game
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 07:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: line played well.. no sacks, fiew pressures and good running game

If they can do that again next week against Baltimore, we will have a chance to win it.  With the win, we would be above .500.
Reply/Quote
Redmond played well for basically coming off the streets. His block really sprung Mixon on one of those TDs plays, big time. So much better than Johnson or Price. You can say its just the Jags D, but Mixon was the first RB to go for over 100 on them this year and that include Derick Henry. Mixon gouged them, thanks to some good blocking.

Aside from Redmond, they all played a solid game. Hopefully this is a confidence boost to keep improving moving forward.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 07:29 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: If they can do that again next week against Baltimore, we will have a chance to win it.  With the win, we would be above .500.

well Baltimore is really good.. Burrow must raise his game with even decent protection and a good running game since Ravens will score points
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 07:29 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: If they can do that again next week against Baltimore, we will have a chance to win it.  With the win, we would be above .500.

Yes, the OL took a giant step forward today.  Here's to them building upon today's success.

Btw, a win will put them at exactly .500.  (a tie is half a win, half a loss)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yup I don't believe Burrow got sacked today? O-Line did great todays blame if you have to give it was the WR's not coming down witch clutch catches. But all in all you can't criticize a win :)

WHO DEY!!!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 07:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, the OL took a giant step forward today.  Here's to them building upon today's success.

Btw, a win will put them at exactly .500.  (a tie is half a win, half a loss)

You're right.  My dumb ass was still counting it as 2.5 wins on 4 games, not 5.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 08:06 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: You're right.  My dumb ass was still counting it as 2.5 wins on 4 games, not 5.

No worries, that sort of slip can happen to any of us.  ThumbsUp

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

that would be a great day
Reply/Quote
No crowd noise = Redmond not false starting. He actually looked pretty solid out there, and to be honest, most of the line looked solid today.

I have a little hope but that hope comes with the reminder that it was the Jaguars. If they hold up against Baltimore...then...then you have something.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
For the first time since the first few games of 2018 I saw actual push from the offensive line. On pass plays they blocked into the defense instead of sitting back on their heels waiting for the defense to come and attack.

On run plays I saw push as well and the pad level was about a foot lower than it has been. This allowed for vastly improved directional blocking which sprung Joe Mixon into the secondary.
Reply/Quote
Also even though he gave the ball away in the end zone and dropped another TD...Drew Sample blocked really well today.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 07:42 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Yup I don't believe Burrow got sacked today? O-Line did great todays blame if you have to give it was the WR's not coming down witch clutch catches. But all in all you can't criticize a win :)

WHO DEY!!!

Only 1 sack on the stat sheet for the Jags, so a much improved day.

But more then the lack of hits and sacks was the running lanes opened up for Joe who went absolutely off today accounting for all 3 TDs. Saw a lot of the O-line downfield blocking and pulling and just getting after guys.

Didn't see much of that the first few weeks, to be fair, the play calling over all seemed to have changed up a little. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 08:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: No crowd noise = Redmond not false starting. He actually looked pretty solid out there, and to be honest, most of the line looked solid today.

I have a little hope but that hope comes with the reminder that it was the Jaguars. If they hold up against Baltimore...then...then you have something.

OR, and here me out on this, no roids giving him an extraordinary level of intensity and energy awaiting the snap = Redmond not false starting.

Unfortunately we'll never know the truth.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 08:49 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Didn't see much of that the first few weeks, to be fair, the play calling over all seemed to have changed up a little. 

When the line pass blocks and run blocks well the entire playbook is open for use. When they don’t the play calls are extremely limited.
Reply/Quote