Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proud of Zac Taylor
He handled that nightmarish situation last night like a true gentleman, and after reading a few pieces on the twitter feed this morning, it’s obvious the remainder of the league has taken notice.

A leader and a true gentleman. Very proud of him, and also very proud of the way our players and fans behaved.

It’s not often we get a chance to truly see the character of these individuals, but we did last night. Who Dey.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Glad he's our Head Coach...

He's a fantastic leader and well regarded in Cincinnati. He drafts superb human beings and ball players.

We can complain about his playcalling but he checks the boxes in everything else.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
100% agreed.

I've been critical at times over his game management, playcalling etc. I think he's largely proven me wrong on that front, but it doesn't really matter in any case... last night he was just a great human being. Incredibly proud that guy is our Head Coach.
Reply/Quote
Me too, proud of the players as well. Proud of the fans and city. Hope Damar comes out of this ok, praying.
Reply/Quote
I’m also proud of our fans at the game. They treated the situation seriously and supported the Bills throughout the process.
Reply/Quote
Bills message board is giving Zac Taylor and the Bengals players and fans huge props this morning. It's nice to have a coach with class.
Reply/Quote
Proud to call him our coach. Without any facts to back this up, I'm pretty sure Bengals players are glad that man is their coach, and they know he's got their back, and best interests in mind at all times.
Reply/Quote
The bengals and Bills Weird and Special Relationship Continues

We do have some of the Classiest fans in the league and it was on full display
Reply/Quote
Yep, Zac has been nothing short of a great leader, member of the community, and representative of Cincinnati since he arrived.

It should not surprise anyone how he handled the situation and truly cares for all involved. Still, it’s easy to forget what kind of people you are rooting for throughout the course of a long season with all the ups and downs.
Reply/Quote
100% hipe he remains Bengals HC or in the organization for as long as he wishes to do so. A+
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:33 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: The bengals and Bills Weird and Special Relationship Continues

We do have some of the Classiest fans in the league and it was on full display

True, if anything it’ll be an even weirder, closer relationship after this. And to think, I went into the game thinking this would be the end of the Bengals/Bills bromance with likely a heated and competitive rivalry starting.

I would prefer that to seeing Damar fighting for his life, but It is nice to have one other team/fan base that I can actually respect and get along with. And I think both fan bases would probably agree, if we have to lose in the playoffs-I hope it’s a hard fought game against them.
Reply/Quote
I've been very critical of zac.

Last night when I saw him walking back to the bills sideline I've never been so proud he's our guy. He treated the situation with class and dignity.

I couldn't believe the NFL was telling them to get back out there and so happy zac told them to get bent.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:44 AM)motoarch Wrote: I've been very critical of zac.

Last night when I saw him walking back to the bills sideline I've never been so proud he's our guy.  He treated the situation with class and dignity.

I couldn't believe the NFL was telling them to get back out there
and so happy zac told them to get bent.

They're walking that back now and saying it never happened and it was supposition by ESPN. One guy suggested it may have been one of the refs just going by usual SOP when it comes to game stoppage for injury.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:44 AM)motoarch Wrote: I've been very critical of zac.

Last night when I saw him walking back to the bills sideline I've never been so proud he's our guy.  He treated the situation with class and dignity.

I couldn't believe the NFL was telling them to get back out there and so happy zac told them to get bent.

NFL has stated this didnt happen...

I could see the players thinking it would.. Cause that is what normally happens. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 11:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They're walking that back now and saying it never happened and it was supposition by ESPN. One guy suggested it may have been one of the refs just going by usual SOP when it comes to game stoppage for injury.

(01-03-2023, 11:08 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: NFL has stated this didnt happen...

I could see the players thinking it would.. Cause that is what normally happens. 

Agreed on both....and I think it's possible an official may have suggested that without knowing just how bad this was going to turn out. And yes Xeno, both Diggs and McDermott initially tried to get everyone together and calmed down, thinking it might go back live. I've seen reports and a shout out to Katie Blackburn for immediately contacting the league office and staying in contact with them throughout the process. It may have even been her cellphone that McDermott and Zac were talking on outside of the Bills locker room.

As to the premise of the OP, I do think Zac approached Sean and the officials and said "Hey, let's get these guys to the locker room and go from there."

I'm super proud of him, Katie, the players, and most importantly, our fans. There were even Bengals fans joining Bills fans outside of the hospital in a candle light vigil. Zac was at the hospital. All class from top to bottom. As sick as I am about Damar, I am proud of our people. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 11:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They're walking that back now and saying it never happened and it was supposition by ESPN. One guy suggested it may have been one of the refs just going by usual SOP when it comes to game stoppage for injury.

At one point after the injury it looked like both teams were getting ready to resume play.  
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:42 PM)samhain Wrote: At one point after the injury it looked like both teams were getting ready to resume play.  

And I believe they were. The thing everybody has to think about is this. We were in totally uncharted waters, unprecedented situation. 

We've all seen ACL's, broken bones, concussions and so on during play. The medical staff goes out and tends to player, they get him off the field and the game continues a few minutes later.

Damar was dying. Way, way, waaayyy out of the normal issues. Shock sets in, nobody knows what to do. You can't even process what's going on. Nobody knows what's going on. I don't fault the teams or NFL for not immediately postponing the game. Everybody was in shock and unsure. It's impossible to prepare for this situation, again uncharted waters.

Where it goes from here ???? Who the hell has an answer ?

Just praying Damar pulls through.
Reply/Quote
Zac went to the hospital as well.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Out of this tragedy, a lot of good came out since the scary things that transcended. Zac did the right thing along with others in such a difficult and unprecendented situation all things considered.

The two teams will be very impacted for the remainder of the season.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:55 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: 100% agreed.

I've been critical at times over his game management, playcalling etc. I think he's largely proven me wrong on that front, but it doesn't really matter in any case... last night he was just a great human being. Incredibly proud that guy is our Head Coach.

I get what you’re saying, it was a tough situation and he handled it with class, but game management and play calling is kind of a big deal for a head coach. He’s 11-4 (prob would’ve been 12-4 had last night not gone that way) so it’s fine, but, this whole incident doesn’t make him a better head coach.
Reply/Quote