Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Combine combined thread
Jarrett Stidham has really sold me during the draft process. He was voted the best QB at the Senior Bowl and was one of if not the best passer at the combine.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Fant and Hockenson ran great looking routes. They keep their pads low coming off the line and sink their hips in breaks it's really impressive. I'm gonna have to pay better attention to Iowa guys from now on they have some good teachers at that school.

Gary Jennings also had a good combine. He might never be "the guy" but looks like a 2 or 3 receiver that can play inside or outside and special teams.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 04:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: Not the issue, benching is just a dangerous exercise to push the body with. Interestingly enough it has very little functional comparison to actually playing strength. 

Indeed.  My bench numbers were never that great, but I had good squat numbers, did a lot of weight on the pec deck, leg press, lat pulls, triceps, deadlifts and shrugs.  Core strength was important for me as a G....and good leg/foundation.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 12:08 PM)Au165 Wrote: No it was a conspiracy against us to sucker us into taking him.

Neither here nor there but whatever.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Where does Montez Sweat stand? Production in the SEC, insane athleticism. He's been a first rounder all along. Is he top ten or fifteen?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 05:59 PM)McC Wrote: Where does Montez Sweat stand?  Production in the SEC, insane athleticism.  He's been a first rounder all along.  Is he top ten or fifteen?

He'd be a great catch - one of several great catches at 11.

The big challenge is going to be the 2nd round - usually our sweet spot.

So whoever we draft at 11 needs to be worthy of the pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 02:47 PM)Synric Wrote: Fant and Hockenson ran great looking routes. They keep their pads low coming off the line and sink their hips in breaks it's really impressive. I'm gonna have to pay better attention to Iowa guys from now on they have some good teachers at that school.

Gary Jennings also had a good combine. He might never be "the guy" but looks like a 2 or 3 receiver that can play inside or outside and special teams.

I've been telling guys that for years!  Tight End U!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 05:59 PM)McC Wrote: Where does Montez Sweat stand?  Production in the SEC, insane athleticism.  He's been a first rounder all along.  Is he top ten or fifteen?

I started falling for this narrative after the combine and so I went back and watched some tape. I am thinking he could be this years workout warrior who busts out (Metcalf in running). When you look at his sack production, he didn't really "have production in the SEC" his senior year. While he played in the SEC if you look at where most of his production came from it wasn't really the SEC but their out of conference schedule. In terms of sacks 4.5 of his 8.5 sacks came outside the SEC. His production the previous season was better and more of it came against the SEC, which makes you wonder what happened?

I feel like he tries to out athlete guys more than use technique. He hits them with a nice initial punch and drives up field but doesn't really have a counter move. I think he can be productive, but Dillard actually held his own against him pretty well at the Senior Bowl after getting beat early in practice then adjusting to his go to move. I feel like a lot of teams will do that so he will be more productive early in his rookie year than later. For me year two will be big for him to see how he develops a counter move and adjusts to seeing teams multiple times when they have tape.

I wouldn't take him in the top 10, but I think some people have him that high.
Reply/Quote
Thought this was interesting. The fact Jones ball speed was the same as Lock was surprising to me. Brett Rypein does not have a strong arm on tape so that is something I feel like I need to go back and rewatch.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 03:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: Thought this was interesting. The fact Jones ball speed was the same as Lock was surprising to me. Brett Rypein does not have a strong arm on tape so that is something I feel like I need to go back and rewatch.

Have to add ball speed to placement and timing.

Look at the crossing route they had the WRs run. Haskins and Stidham had perfect placement the ball was a yard just inside the numbers where most of the other QBs were at the cone 3 to 4 yards inside the numbers.

Those two threw great balls compared to every else at the combine but I notice neither is on that list.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 04:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: I started falling for this narrative after the combine and so I went back and watched some tape. I am thinking he could be this years workout warrior who busts out (Metcalf in running). When you look at his sack production, he didn't really "have production in the SEC" his senior year. While he played in the SEC if you look at where most of his production came from it wasn't really the SEC but their out of conference schedule. In terms of sacks 4.5 of his 8.5 sacks came outside the SEC. His production the previous season was better and more of it came against the SEC, which makes you wonder what happened?

I feel like he tries to out athlete guys more than use technique. He hits them with a nice initial punch and drives up field but doesn't really have a counter move. I think he can be productive, but Dillard actually held his own against him pretty well at the Senior Bowl after getting beat early in practice then adjusting to his go to move. I feel like a lot of teams will do that so he will be more productive early in his rookie year than later. For me year two will be big for him to see how he develops a counter move and adjusts to seeing teams multiple times when they have tape.

I wouldn't take him in the top 10, but I think some people have him that high.

Well, as they say, the devil is in the details.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 04:31 PM)Synric Wrote: Have to add ball speed to placement and timing.

Look at the crossing route they had the WRs run. Haskins and Stidham had perfect placement the ball was a yard just inside the numbers where most of the other QBs were at the cone 3 to 4 yards inside the numbers.

Those two threw great balls compared to every else at the combine but I notice neither is on that list.

Totally, just surprised as Rypien on tape just doesn't show much in terms of arm talent. 
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 12:59 PM)Synric Wrote: Jarrett Stidham has really sold me during the draft process. He was voted the best QB at the Senior Bowl and was one of if not the best passer at the combine.

The Bengals would need to grab him round 3 or he will be gone I think.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 12:59 PM)Synric Wrote: Jarrett Stidham has really sold me during the draft process. He was voted the best QB at the Senior Bowl and was one of if not the best passer at the combine.

Any sign of pressure he crumbles like a twig. It’s why he went from 1st round pick to 7th
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 01:05 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Any sign of pressure he crumbles like a twig. It’s why he went from 1st round pick to 7th

Stidhams 2018 season reminds me of Andy's 2017 season.

The Auburn offensive line was so bad Stidham looked shell shocked. Thing is if you go back and watch his 2017 games he was solid under pressure and showed some wheels escaping and throwing on the run which is why he was one of the top QBs going into 2018. I would bet the biggest issue with Auburn last season was the line not Stidham and with the work he put in during this draft process I'd say he's a early 3rd rounder....Just so happens the Bengals have a early 3rd round pick and need a backup QB.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 02:29 PM)Synric Wrote: Stidhams 2018 season reminds me of Andy's 2017 season.

The Auburn offensive line was so bad Stidham looked shell shocked. Thing is if you go back and watch his 2017 games he was solid under pressure and showed some wheels escaping and throwing on the run which is why he was one of the top QBs going into 2018. I would bet the biggest issue with Auburn last season was the line not Stidham and with the work he put in during this draft process I'd say he's a early 3rd rounder....Just so happens the Bengals have a early 3rd round pick and need a backup QB.

See I disagree I think Theres a minimum of 6-7 qbs that go before him and that puts him in that 5-6 range.
Reply/Quote