Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public School Takes Down Painting of Jesus
[img] “Oh man, it’s getting bad,” Semey said. “That’s what’s wrong with this world. Not enough people have Christ in their lives.” [/quote]

This mentality is what is the issue. In the right context, there's nothing wrong with Jesus in a school. Schools can teach comparative religions and the role of major historical religious figures in a history context. Just there to be there, you're going to have an issue. It's not a matter of "not enough people having Christ in their lives".
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-28-2015, 01:22 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I mean I guess St. Lucie is saying that as long as the community agrees we should allow them to continue as is.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/two-indian-sisters-raped-punishment-6335954

Yeah cause raping women as punishment is the exact same as a painting of Jesus in a school hallway.
(08-28-2015, 04:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [img] “Oh man, it’s getting bad,” Semey said. “That’s what’s wrong with this world. Not enough people have Christ in their lives.”

This mentality is what is the issue. In the right context, there's nothing wrong with Jesus in a school. Schools can teach comparative religions and the role of major historical religious figures in a history context.  Just there to be there, you're going to have an issue. It's not a matter of "not enough people having Christ in their lives".
[/quote]

Dude, you just need more Christ in your life. Have you considered potato chips, waffles, your garage door? These are all place he wants to be, if you will just let him in. There's also your shower soap, your coffee cup, the small of your wife's back. The potted plant on the patio, the coffee pot, the top of the microwave (inside or out, but probably inside). Just open your heart to Christ. And while you are at it, hang a picture of him in your local school, the lobby of your favorite building, the train platform, and your neighbors picture window.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(08-27-2015, 09:45 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: In Kansas, a painting of Jesus Christ has been removed after complaints and threats of legal action.  The school district's lawyer advised them that taking it down was the right thing to do.

So do you agree? Should a public institution be allowed to flex their religious beliefs considering that it's a huge majority, or should the rights of all people prevail?

http://www.kansas.com/news/state/article31921707.html

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/8035488?cps=gravity_5540_-1901396558064541388

Public schools should not promote any one religion, no matter the majority or not, since public means all people, not just those of a particular religion. To do otherwise shows favoritism.
People who want to put Jesus in public schools like to kick puppies.
(08-30-2015, 01:49 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah cause raping women as punishment is the exact same as a painting of Jesus in a school hallway.

Look, do you want locals deciding what is right and wrong or not?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-30-2015, 02:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: Look, do you want locals deciding what is right and wrong or not?

[Image: whthm2.jpg]
(08-30-2015, 02:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: Look, do you want locals deciding what is right and wrong or not?

When it comes to schools. Yes.

Which is exactly what we were discussing before you took the insane leap into everything.
(08-30-2015, 01:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: People who want to put Jesus in public schools like to kick puppies.

Actually the people who believe in Muhammed are the ones who abuse animals, children, and women.

If you wanna stay factual.
(08-31-2015, 09:42 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Actually the people who believe in Muhammed are the ones who abuse animals, children, and women.  

If you wanna stay factual.

And by factual, you mean an offensive, over exaggerated, opinionated stereotype?

You seem to be really good at the whole generalizing thing.
(08-31-2015, 09:58 AM)djs7685 Wrote: And by factual, you mean an offensive, over exaggerated, opinionated stereotype?

You seem to be really good at the whole generalizing thing.

Oh so I guess the many videos showing them mutilating themselves in This country is all faked?

Or their track record of abuse to their women? Or their raping of children who just got their period by an older man.

Btw all that above happened in the USA and the UK.
(08-31-2015, 10:02 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Oh so I guess the many videos showing them mutilating themselves in This country is all faked?  

Or their track record of abuse to their women?   Or their raping of children who just got their period by an older man.  

Btw all that above happened in the USA and the UK.

I guess you don't understand what generalizing is, huh?

Coming from a person that's stupid enough to say "blacks are homophobic", I'm going to go with a pretty clear cut "I have no idea what that word means".
(08-31-2015, 10:06 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I guess you don't understand what generalizing is, huh?

Coming from a person that's stupid enough to say "blacks are homophobic", I'm going to go with a pretty clear cut "I have no idea what that word means".

Blacks overall are very homophobic. Much more so than whites. Not sure why you get wound up over this ....

Maybe try being less sensitive and taking a minute to look at the statement for what it's worth factually.
(08-31-2015, 10:11 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Blacks overall are very homophobic.    Much more so than whites.     Not sure why you get wound up over this ....    

Maybe try being less sensitive and taking a minute to look at the statement for what it's worth factually.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Listen, goofy. If you said something like "studies show that black people are more homophobic than white people", that would be fine, especially if you had the data to support that claim.

However, going from thread to thread making generalized statements like "blacks are homophobic"....well, it makes you sound like a very, very unintelligent human being. The same thing is happening here in this thread but with a religious group.

Fred made a joke, and then you responded with a claim that it's a "fact" that people that worship a certain prophet abuse animals, children, and women. How many of the 1.5+ billion that practice that religion do you think that applies to? Do you also think it would be okay to run around making broad claims like "Christians are murderers", or "Christians are rapists", just because some amount of you people do such things?

No, that's generalizing. People who aren't complete morons understand that generalizing is a bad way to provide a proper argument.
(08-30-2015, 01:49 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah cause raping women as punishment is the exact same as a painting of Jesus in a school hallway.

That was not the comparison...Thanks for playing try again.  

On a different note, completely separate from your misconception of my original post, as well as the correct understanding of my post, and therefore should not be used by you to evaluate either my original post or your miscarriage of a post.  I just wanted to say the following.

BTW...The Anglo version of what Jesus looks like has raped the minds of the Western Christian for centuries.   Smirk  
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(08-31-2015, 10:16 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Hahahahahahahahahaha

Listen, goofy. If you said something like "studies show that black people are more homophobic than white people", that would be fine, especially if you had the data to support that claim.

However, going from thread to thread making generalized statements like "blacks are homophobic"....well, it makes you sound like a very, very unintelligent human being. The same thing is happening here in this thread but with a religious group.

Fred made a joke, and then you responded with a claim that it's a "fact" that people that worship a certain prophet abuse animals, children, and women. How many of the 1.5+ billion that practice that religion do you think that applies to? Do you also think it would be okay to run around making broad claims like "Christians are murderers", or "Christians are rapists", just because some amount of you people do such things?

No, that's generalizing. People who aren't complete morons understand that generalizing is a bad way to provide a proper argument.

If you would like to post anything supporting your anti christian views then that's fine.

He made a snarky remark. And I responded with a snarky remark. Can't help if what i said was factual lol. That ground is just too fertile.
(08-31-2015, 10:21 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If you would like to post anything supporting your anti christian views then that's fine.  

He made a snarky remark.   And I responded with a snarky remark.   Can't help if what i said was factual lol.     That ground is just too fertile.

It's not factual.

It's generalizing over 1.5 billion people because of the actions of some (not high) percentage of them.

Do you seriously not understand any of this? Holy shit.
(08-31-2015, 10:25 AM)djs7685 Wrote: It's not factual.

It's generalizing over 1.5 billion people because of the actions of some (not high) percentage of them.

Do you seriously not understand any of this? Holy shit.

So how many do you think oppress women?

How many groom children?

How many believe in Sharia Law?
(08-31-2015, 10:26 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So how many do you think oppress women?

How many groom children?  

How many believe in Sharia Law?

Sharia means law, so you're actually asking how many believe in law law.
Here will save you some time....