Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Putin Is Sending Troops to Wipe Out ISIS
(10-11-2015, 09:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: I believe Putin is now the front runner in the GOP primaries.

I've never understood the rights strange attractions for a former KGB communist.  They practically circle jerk over the guy.
(10-11-2015, 11:57 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I've never understood the rights strange attractions for a former KGB communist.  They practically circle jerk over the guy.

They like "manly men".  

Especially if their hourly rates are reasonable.   Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-11-2015, 12:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: They like "manly men".  

lol
(10-11-2015, 11:57 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I've never understood the rights strange attractions for a former KGB communist.  They practically circle jerk over the guy.

It is pretty strange how the right-wingers that circle jerk over Reagan can find themselves circle jerking over a dirty red KGB commie 25 years later.  I guess Obama really IS making America pro-Communism after all!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

[Image: fc,550x550,white.u1.jpg]

It makes perfect sense to me. The modern right-winger loves just about any murderous, authoritarian piece of filth he/she can find. If Ahmadinejad was white and Christian, he'd be their all-time fav.
(10-10-2015, 11:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Leaders, especially the POTUS, need to be brave and willing to make bold moves, even if it's just brave in the sense of having the courage to make tough decisions.

Bold moves like invading Iraq?

Umm, why do you think we should have boots on the ground in Syria?  I remember a thread about Obama conducting air strikes in Syria from the old board and is seems the people who criticized Obama for conducting the air strikes are the same people who criticize him now for not using ground forces in Syria.
http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/10/12/has-russia-saved-lebanon-from-isil.html

I would say most peope on the right think Putin is a POS.  Because some people say something, it doesn't mean everyone else believes it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-12-2015, 10:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I would say most peope on the right think Putin is a POS.  Because some people say something, it doesn't mean everyone else believes it.

Privately you are probably right.  However they want to use Putin's "manliness and strength" as a mirror to Obama's "weakness".

Whether it is true or not and whether either one is successful with their strategy or not.  The Right has put themselves in a corner where they have to appear "strong" and all times.
(10-12-2015, 02:50 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Bold moves like invading Iraq?

Umm, why do you think we should have boots on the ground in Syria?  I remember a thread about Obama conducting air strikes in Syria from the old board and is seems the people who criticized Obama for conducting the air strikes are the same people who criticize him now for not using ground forces in Syria.

Iraq is a stupid comparison because it was a war that wasn't organized and had no chance of succeeding.  

We need to crush Syria, and the airstrikes alone won't do it.  

We need can't let Iran keep being strengthened with a stronghold in Syria.   

Extremist groups are forming all over Syria.

Because we have allies that need Assad defeated.

Take your pick.
(10-13-2015, 02:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Iraq is a stupid comparison because it was a war that wasn't organized and had no chance of succeeding.  

We need to crush Syria, and the airstrikes alone won't do it.  

We need can't let Iran keep being strengthened with a stronghold in Syria.   

Extremist groups are forming all over Syria.

Because we have allies that need Assad defeated.

Take your pick.

Eh, I wouldn't say that. We were pretty organized, we were just attacking the wrong targets because of politically motivated misinformation. I do agree that it had no chance of succeeding. Likewise, I don't think engaging in ground conflicts in Syria has any more of a chance of stopping th problem.

There's only one way to "win." Not participate. It's a mix of fundamentals, imagined ethnicity, religious beliefs and borders — all of which dates back centuries. In some cases a couple thousand years. We aren't going to bomb common sense into them. We aren't going to bring "western civilization" and expect everyone to get along and lower our oil prices because they finally get Seinfield reruns.

The best thing we can do is what we should have been doing the last half a century — working on an oil alternative and staying out of Middle East issues while offering an open door to those who want to escape that cycle of stupidity and start a better life with a clean slate in the greatest damn country on earth. But we didn't do that. We fell into the current political quagmire we're in (see Matt's thread about Nixon's southern block) and put the wrong people in charge, people like Cheney who spent decades manipulating public policy to the benefit of companies that made a lot of money in the Middle East.
Assad in power is better than the alternative. And he has always and will always Side with the Russians. Let them keep him In power.

Could we lose some say so in the ME. Probably. But sometimes you just gotta back away and see how it plays out.

Who likes Putin?

His policies are terrible. I do respect his toughness, and his ability to always make Obama look like a schmuck. But that's the difference between a man's man and well Obama. He doesn't take any crap and we can respect that, but his policies are losers.

(10-12-2015, 10:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I would say most peope on the right think Putin is a POS.  Because some people say something, it doesn't mean everyone else believes it.

(10-13-2015, 09:43 AM)GMDino Wrote: Privately you are probably right.  However they want to use Putin's "manliness and strength" as a mirror to Obama's "weakness".

Whether it is true or not and whether either one is successful with their strategy or not.  The Right has put themselves in a corner where they have to appear "strong" and all times.

[Image: tumblr_m3x648wxbj1ru99qvo1_500.png]

(10-13-2015, 03:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Who likes Putin?  

His policies are terrible.   I do respect his toughness, and his ability to always make Obama look like a schmuck.  But that's the difference between a man's man and well Obama.    He doesn't take any crap and we can respect that, but his policies are losers.

[Image: i_told_you_so_stephen_colbert.gif]
(10-13-2015, 05:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: tumblr_m3x648wxbj1ru99qvo1_500.png]

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO
(10-13-2015, 05:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: tumblr_m3x648wxbj1ru99qvo1_500.png]

You called it. LOL
(10-10-2015, 12:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Two things:

1. The Rhode Island National Guard could kick Russia's ass.

2. For now.

I just had an online exchange with some German dude who thought 3 Russian subs could take out the entire Mediterranean Fleet with their super torpedoes. I'm done arguing with fools today. ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(10-14-2015, 01:20 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I just had an online exchange with some German dude who thought 3 Russian subs could take out the entire Mediterranean Fleet with their super torpedoes. I'm done arguing with fools today. ThumbsUp

Did you tell him to go rub one out, to Red October ?
(10-10-2015, 12:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: My dad always said that the Australians were.

Watch Hugh Jackman trying to sing in "Oklahoma" and try to say that with a straight face.

Most Aussies I meet are so damned cheerful, I want to backhand them the second time they say "Good on ya, mate!!!"
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]