Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Putting America Back To Work
Another lie from Trump. I thought one of his main talking points was jobs.

Well in a sad but true story Trump this month applied to get 78 foreign worker visas.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicagarrison/trump-seeks-more-foreign-guestworkers-for-his-companies?utm_term=.ebrp6edypb#.ibD1BJwv1E

I mean this is almost unbelievable. Except the fact I have come to terms that Trump is a lying sack of shit blow hard.

Outsourced jobs and imports foreign workers. Yet somehow there are people who think this guy is what is best for our country. I mean come on.........
Like his overseas clothing line because you can't make cheap clothes here (according to him).

Although, in his defense, he just said he wants to bring jobs. He — as far as I know — has never not said those jobs will all be $11 an hour or less. Which, in that part of Florida, you can have a big, huge, kind of comfortable average life*.

*if you work three 8 hour shifts per day so you can make the equivalent of one $33 an hour factory job that's now in Mexico or China by guys like Trump, a move facilitated by guys like Clinton.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
As long as he didn't violate the rules for hiring.

The jobs were at resorts, golf courses, and vineyards in New York, Florida, and Virginia. The companies appear to have followed recruitment rules when seeking guest workers, posting those positions in the state online job board and placing ads, as required, with local newspapers such as the Palm Beach Post.

The trick is to get the wages so low that an American won't do it. IT's all over in the STEM field.
(07-28-2016, 06:13 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: As long as he didn't violate the rules for hiring.

The jobs were at resorts, golf courses, and vineyards in New York, Florida, and Virginia. The companies appear to have followed recruitment rules when seeking guest workers, posting those positions in the state online job board and placing ads, as required, with local newspapers such as the Palm Beach Post.

The trick is to get the wages so low that an American won't do it. IT's all over in the STEM field.

That's part of the system that needs fixed.

Demand is dependent on price. Price is dependent on cost and profit. Guys like Trump are trying to keep demand high without it effecting their cost and profit. That works for the short-term, but eventually you can't keep it up as there are going to be fewer and fewer who can afford to pay the price as more and more wages fall. So as demand wanes, guys like Trump try to reduce cost to keep profit stable... which means paying people less again.
(07-28-2016, 06:11 PM)Benton Wrote: Like his overseas clothing line because you can't make cheap clothes here (according to him).

Although, in his defense, he just said he wants to bring jobs. He — as far as I know — has never not said those jobs will all be $11 an hour or less. Which, in that part of Florida, you can have a big, huge, kind of comfortable average life*.

*if you work three 8 hour shifts per day so you can make the equivalent of one $33 an hour factory job that's now in Mexico or China by guys like Trump, a move facilitated by guys like Clinton.

This right here sums up the political injustices we are being served today.

Sick
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(07-28-2016, 06:11 PM)Benton Wrote: Like his overseas clothing line because you can't make cheap clothes here (according to him).

They aren't making $33 an hour, more like $7 per hour (for Mexico). 

(07-28-2016, 06:21 PM)Benton Wrote: That's part of the system that needs fixed.

Demand is dependent on price. Price is dependent on cost and profit. Guys like Trump are trying to keep demand high without it effecting their cost and profit. That works for the short-term, but eventually you can't keep it up as there are going to be fewer and fewer who can afford to pay the price as more and more wages fall. So as demand wanes, guys like Trump try to reduce cost to keep profit stable... which means paying people less again.

I agree, and I actually want a standarized Unemployment rate and have all of the immigrant work visa's tied to it inversely. Unemployment goes up, visa's go down. Unemployment low, visa's up. This is just basic common sense, the only reason it hasn't been done yet is because someone is greasing those politicians pockets to keep it from ever coming up.
(07-28-2016, 07:15 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: They aren't making $33 an hour, more like $7 per hour (for Mexico). 

I agree, and I actually want a standarized Unemployment rate and have all of the immigrant work visa's tied to it inversely. Unemployment goes up, visa's go down. Unemployment low, visa's up. This is just basic common sense, the only reason it hasn't been done yet is because someone is greasing those politicians pockets to keep it from ever coming up.
to the first, yeah, in Mexico. $7 an hour in Mexico isn't the same as $7 an hour in st Louis.

to the second part, that's a pretty interesting idea. I think that would be a step in the direction of employers not insourcing cheap labor.
(07-28-2016, 06:00 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Another lie from Trump. I thought one of his main talking points was jobs.

Well in a sad but true story Trump this month applied to get 78 foreign worker visas.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jessicagarrison/trump-seeks-more-foreign-guestworkers-for-his-companies?utm_term=.ebrp6edypb#.ibD1BJwv1E

I mean this is almost unbelievable. Except the fact I have come to terms that Trump is a lying sack of shit blow hard.

Outsourced jobs and imports foreign workers. Yet somehow there are people who think this guy is what is best for our country. I mean come on.........

Well we are off to a bad start with you taking Dino's job of posting everything Trump.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-29-2016, 09:39 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well we are off to a bad start with you taking Dino's job of posting everything Trump.  

I posted the DNC fact check on my fb page and someone said later I never post anything bad about the democrats.

My reply was that I do, and that said poster never posts anything bad about the republicans so we're even.

I am CERTAIN someone will post some anti-Clinton stuff around here sooner or later.   Smirk 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-29-2016, 09:43 AM)GMDino Wrote: I posted the DNC fact check on my fb page and someone said later I never post anything bad about the democrats.

My reply was that I do, and that said poster never posts anything bad about the republicans so we're even.

I am CERTAIN someone will post some anti-Clinton stuff around here sooner or later.   Smirk 

I'm not calling you out on the non posting of Democrat stuff, I'm just saying Trump stuff is your domain, and this carpet bagger shows up and takes it from you.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-29-2016, 10:10 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm not calling you out on the non posting of Democrat stuff, I'm just saying Trump stuff is your domain, and this carpet bagger shows up and takes it from you.  

I have a big tent.  I accept everyone who dislikes Trump.

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-28-2016, 06:00 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Another lie from Trump. I thought one of his main talking points was jobs.

Probably very well true, but I really really really hope you're not getting your news from buzzfeed.  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(07-28-2016, 10:38 PM)Benton Wrote: to the first, yeah, in Mexico. $7 an hour in Mexico isn't the same as $7 an hour in st Louis.

to the second part, that's a pretty interesting idea. I think that would be a step in the direction of employers not insourcing cheap labor.

Yes I know that the cost of living etc factors into it.
In the Phillippines factory workers make: $2.01 per hour.
The average income per person (in USD) over there is about $1200-$1500 per year. This person in a factory job would be making (assuming 40 hours and 52 weeks) $4180 per year. That's a pretty nice salary for over there considering how cheap the cost of living is.