Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
QB candidates for 2020 Draft
I mean if we are a top 2 pick the last two years really good linemen have fallen to the top of the 2nd. Guys like Will Hernandez, Dalton Risner, Cody Ford. I think we can get a really good offensive linemen with our second round pick even if we don't get another 1st.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 08:20 AM)Au165 Wrote: I mean if we are a top 2 pick the last two years really good linemen have fallen to the top of the 2nd. Guys like Will Hernandez, Dalton Risner, Cody Ford. I think we can get a really good offensive linemen with our second round pick even if we don't get another 1st.

Yeah, honestly they can turn the OL around pretty quickly if they resign Hopkins, dump Glenn, get a solid FA RT, and get a LG in the 2nd.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 12:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: Yeah, honestly they can turn the OL around pretty quickly if they resign Hopkins, dump Glenn, get a solid FA RT, and get a LG in the 2nd.  

My guess is they will roll with Price/Jordan however based on the Hart contract I think we could see them invest in a RT early. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 12:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: My guess is they will roll with Price/Jordan however based on the Hart contract I think we could see them invest in a RT early. 

If anything, I could see them going after a true swing OT on Day 2.

Assuming Bengals get a Top 5 pick as we expect at this point, it will be the highest they've drafted in a decade.
And the last time they drafted in the Top 5, they ended up with cornerstone players in the first 2 rounds in AJ Green and Andy Dalton.
Those two guys helped turn a team that was predicted to go winless into making the playoffs that very same year.

Here's hoping they end up with the same level (or better) players with their first 2 rounds this coming year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 12:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: Yeah, honestly they can turn the OL around pretty quickly if they resign Hopkins, dump Glenn, get a solid FA RT, and get a LG in the 2nd.  

That's commonly referred to as a shart. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
What's the liklihood of Eason sticking around for another year at Washington?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 03:14 PM)Big Boss Wrote: What's the liklihood of Eason sticking around for another year at Washington?

PFF currently has him ranked #11, ahead of Lawrence (#17) and Herbert (#19). But that hasn't been updated since week 6. He's down at #27 in QBR, but that won't matter. Teams are going to base it on how he looks on the field. 

I'd say it all depends on where he thinks he will go. The draft looks pretty QB heavy this coming year. 

I think he's in the top 4. (in no particular order) Tua, Herbert, Burrow and Eason.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
LSU vs Auburn at 3:30 CBS. Another highly anticipated game by Burrow.

Hurts will be at KC at noon. I see Hurts as top 5 maybe behind Eason who I think is the best pure passer in the draft if he should come out.

Herbert at Wash State on ESPN, I don't have nor will I watch ESPN. So someone will have to give us feedback.

If anyone can watch Iowa, please tell us how Wirfs OT looked.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 08:58 AM)psychdoctor Wrote:

If you look at non 1st round QB's (2-7) since Dalton, I'd say 6 were successful and I'd say 1 is a true franchise changing guy in Wilson. Most the other 5 are about on par with Dalton or just marginally better. I am actually in the camp who would pass on drafting a QB this year and keep building the team up, but if you are going to take one you need to swing big and take a top one. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 08:58 AM)psychdoctor Wrote:

Did it really work ?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 09:35 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Did it really work ?

Compared to every other QB option we could have had in that draft? Yea, it probably was about as good of an outcome as we could have asked for. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 09:27 AM)Au165 Wrote: If you look at non 1st round QB's (2-7) since Dalton, I'd say 6 were successful and I'd say 1 is a true franchise changing guy in Wilson. Most the other 5 are about on par with Dalton or just marginally better. I am actually in the camp who would pass on drafting a QB this year and keep building the team up, but if you are going to take one you need to swing big and take a top one. 

I agree.  Burrow is the guy until proven otherwise.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Burrow or bust.

Keep an eye on Eason tho. He has the arm and the accuracy. Can play from under center. Run the play action pass. Only knock on him in my book is he's 6'6. In my message board expertise, 6'3-6'5 is my ideal range.

Tua hurt again, and Herbert's ball placement is questionable, even with the completions. Hopefully Miami falls for the media hype and takes one of them.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Just Joe please!

If we beat Miami, go 1-15, and lose out on this kid, I’m going to be devastated.

Reply/Quote
Didn't get to see hardly any Hurts or Burrow today but when i get back from the gym, i'm gonna sit down and watch Herbert. 

Eason is a guy that i'm really starting to like more and more. I don't mind the really tall guys. Allows them to see over those trucks in front of them easier. 

As it stands right now, i'd be pretty happy with Burrow, Herbert or Eason and...as unpopular as it's going to be around here, i'm kind of liking the two big guys better. 

Reply/Quote
Burrow took a beating today against Auburn's stout defense and still came up big. Burrow and Young are the top 2 college players this year. Chase Young looks like the real deal. If Miami takes Burrow at #1, I think Bengals have to go with Young. The guy is dominant.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2019, 10:07 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Burrow took a beating today against Auburn's stout defense and still came up big. Burrow and Young are the top 2 college players this year. Chase Young looks like the real deal. If Miami takes Burrow at #1, I think Bengals have to go with Young. The guy is dominant.

Why are we so sure they’ll have the 1st pick? They could easily beat us.

But I agree with you if things do end up that way. If we do take Young I hope we wait until next year for a QB. I want one in the 1st round. Or better yet trade up, but I dream...

Reply/Quote
I’d be fine with Young if he’s there.
Reply/Quote
What if we pick 2nd and Miami takes Tua? Then what do we do? Burrow or Young? I wouldn’t want to have to make that choice...

Reply/Quote