Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QOTSA
Music 

My favorite band, Queens of the Stone Age! 

Do you guys dig em?  Rock On

My favorite albums:
Self entitled
Rated R
Songs for the Deaf (with Dave Grohl on drums!)
Era Vulgaris
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
ThumbsUp

Up there with Modest Mouse for my favorite band. The band's aren't alike, but both put out outstanding albums and not just albums with one or two songs and a lot of meh material.

Weird side note, Little Sister (one of my favorite songs of theirs) always makes me think of Christopher Walken. More cow bell.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 06:57 PM)Benton Wrote: ThumbsUp

Up there with Modest Mouse for my favorite band. The band's aren't alike, but both put out outstanding albums and not just albums with one or two songs and a lot of meh material.

Weird side note, Little Sister (one of my favorite songs of theirs) always makes me think of Christopher Walken. More cow bell.

Modest Mouse is a band my younger brother got me into within the last year. I really love most of Modest Mouse's songs. Especially Dramammine, Bankrupt on Selling, Baby Blue Sedan.
Reply/Quote
QOFTSA is awesome. Their last album was really good imo. "If I Had A Tail" is probably my favorite off of that one with "I Appear Missing" a close 2nd.

Them Crooked Vultures and The Dead Weather are also really good.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 07:00 PM)magikod Wrote: Modest Mouse is a band my younger brother got me into within the last year. I really love most of Modest Mouse's songs. Especially Dramammine, Bankrupt on Selling, Baby Blue Sedan.

The lonesome Crowded West and Good News for People Who Love Bad News are two of my favorite albums. For individual songs, 3rd Planet, Out of Gas, Never Ending Math Equation and the Ocean Breaths Salty are among my favorites.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 07:28 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: QOFTSA is awesome. Their last album was really good imo. "If I Had A Tail" is probably my favorite off of that one with "I Appear Missing" a close 2nd.

Them Crooked Vultures and The Dead Weather are also really good.

My 2 fav songs are If I Had A Tail & Smooth Sailing off that album.

@Benton - Good News for People Who Love Bad News is a good album.
Reply/Quote
Love QOTSA!  They have been on my bucketlist of bands to see for a long time.  They just don't come around central Iowa.  The last time they were in Des Moines, they were just starting to make it big.  Played at a little hole in the wall venue that held about 250 people back around circa 1998-2000?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
In my opinion, this is their masterpiece:

quick 'funny' story about these guys: I'm driving around back in the year 2000, flipping around the radio.  In the course of my drive I heard 'Feel Good Hit of the Summer', which I thought was amazing, and 'Down With the Sickness' by the band Disturbed, which I didn't care much for, but thought my buddy would really like. But i couldn't remember which artist did which song. So I told my buddy "Hey, I think you'll really like this band I heard on the radio today, but I can't remember if it's Queens of the Stone Age or Disturbed". So he runs off and buys 'Rated R', which he doesn't like, and gives it to me. I still have it  ThumbsUp  (he then went out and bought the Disturbed record.  Which he did like)
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 05:03 PM)Donnyho Wrote: In my opinion, this is their masterpiece:

quick 'funny' story about these guys: I'm driving around back in the year 2000, flipping around the radio.  In the course of my drive I heard 'Feel Good Hit of the Summer', which I thought was amazing, and 'Down With the Sickness' by the band Disturbed, which I didn't care much for, but thought my buddy would really like. But i couldn't remember which artist did which song. So I told my buddy "Hey, I think you'll really like this band I heard on the radio today, but I can't remember if it's Queens of the Stone Age or Disturbed". So he runs off and buys 'Rated R', which he doesn't like, and gives it to me. I still have it  ThumbsUp  (he then went out and bought the Disturbed record.  Which he did like)

You got the better album! 
Reply/Quote
Bump because QOTSA rocks!!
Reply/Quote
Two of my favorites. Rock On

Reply/Quote