Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarantine beards
Anyone growing one?

I already had the whiskers, but last Monday we conducted criminal court on-line and both the judge and a couple of lawyers had bearded up over the break.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 03:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone growing one?

I already had the whiskers, but last Monday we conducted criminal court on-line and both the judge and a couple of lawyers had bearded up over the break.

I can understand not being able to get a haircut but not shaving?

Were they wearing shirt, tie, coats and gym shorts?  Was the judge wearing a robe over his pjs?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 03:35 PM)McC Wrote: I can understand not being able to get a haircut but not shaving?

Were they wearing shirt, tie, coats and gym shorts?  Was the judge wearing a robe over his pjs?

The dress ranged from usual courtroom decorum to casual.  Judge was sitting a desk in his home wearing a black robe.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 04:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The dress ranged from usual courtroom decorum to casual.  Judge was sitting a desk in his home wearing a black robe.

Then yes, pjs.   Maybe boxers.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 03:35 PM)McC Wrote: I can understand not being able to get a haircut but not shaving?

I think is has more to do with getting through the "beginning stages" of a beard when it does not look like a beard.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 04:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think is has more to do with getting through the "beginning stages" of a beard when it does not look like a beard.

Makes sense.  Kinda like coming back from vacation with a beard.

Reply/Quote
I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (sp) back in December and now I sleep with a f**king CPAP. I had to shave my beard, because the air in the mask would move my whiskers and tickle. So now I am clean shaven again.
Reply/Quote
I actually shaved my beard when this all started. I work in people's homes so I've been wearing a respirator... They don't seal properly with facial hair. I also tend to touch my face more often when I have a beard.

But since we're in a rush to get back to normal, I've started letting stubble come back. It's over everybody!!! Come back out!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I let mine grow out. I already have a goatee, so I shaved all of it, and started over after I realized I couldn't go anywhere anyway. But where did all this damn grey hair come from? Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The last time I went 2 weeks plus without shaving was about 10 years ago when I was in college and was skiing every day. Tried again during quarantine, apparently I grow an Andrew Luck-esque beard. I go from decent looking scruff to wtf died on your face real quick.

Then I shaved it off, and noticed that I got a different strand of coronavirus: Covid-19lbs.
Reply/Quote
Quarantine beard
/noun/

A female friend allowed to stand within six feet of a homosexual male.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 05:49 AM)Benton Wrote: Quarantine beard
/noun/

A female friend allowed to stand within six feet of a homosexual male.

Rep.
Reply/Quote
Opposite for me. I shaved my beard off. As mentioned above by Jason, I tend to touch my face more when I have a beard. Also it makes it easier for me to wear a mask if I decide to venture out. So I got rid of it. I figure it can't hurt and my beard grows really fast so I can always grow it back later. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 02:12 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Opposite for me. I shaved my beard off. As mentioned above by Jason, I tend to touch my face more when I have a beard. Also it makes it easier for me to wear a mask if I decide to venture out. So I got rid of it. I figure it can't hurt and my beard grows really fast so I can always grow it back later. :)

It's funny... I've grown mine back to stubble. Weeks and weeks of conscious effort have pretty much broken my face touching habit... To the point that I tell other people to stop it.

Personally I think I'm gonna come out of this with a lil post traumatic stress. It'll take me awhile to be comfortable going back to my normal existence... Granted I'm still working, and out of the house quite a bit, but I think I'll be avoiding crowds for quite sometime. On the bright side; I realize how much I miss my normal life that I bitched about all the time. Perspective is good.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 03:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone growing one?

Not exactly.  I have been letting my goatee grow since January or so, and as of now I only shave the rest once a week (down from twice normally).
Reply/Quote
Already had a full beard before it started, and had already decided to let it grow out in early February.
Reply/Quote
I tried. I gave it two weeks longer than I have ever tried to give it and it just looked like hell. So patchy and white trash.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 06:13 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea (sp) back in December and now I sleep with a f**king CPAP. I had to shave my beard, because the air in the mask would move my whiskers and tickle. So now I am clean shaven again.

As a bearded man with the same affliction, I get it. Though I've kept mine, it definitely doesn't help with the seal.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote