Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Quentin Spain wants to come back to Cincinnati
(01-21-2022, 08:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’m trying to be realistic with the front office moves. It’s possible both Hopkins and Reiff can be replaced. I just think only 1 of them will be.

Even if one of them gets upgraded, it’s a good step. Now, Carmen has to not stink. If he improves, with either the Center or RT getting an upgrade, then the line is fine

Burrow led the league in getting sacked.
The running game was 26th in YPC

That isn't "Carman not stinking" and 1 player upgrade away from being "fine". Unless we have very different definitions of what "fine" means.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 08:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Burrow led the league in getting sacked.
The running game was 26th in YPC

That isn't "Carman not stinking" and 1 player upgrade away from being "fine". Unless we have very different definitions of what "fine" means.

Both Reiff and Hopkins stink. And the production from RG has also stunk. Can’t do anything about RG just yet. You don’t seem to comprehend what I’m saying.

C, RG, and RT all stink. If Carmen improves, and the C or RT is upgraded, then 2 out of the 3 weak links are improved.

If you have no faith in Carmen, then yea both RT and C need to be upgraded.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 05:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We can do better.

Can we? Guard has been a turnstile for us for the last 3 years and it's not like much good Guards make it to free agency and if they do they get top dollar. You never really know what you're getting in the draft either
Reply/Quote
Spain is per PFF the 21st best Guard in the NFL. So starter quality. Carman is ranked 62nd and Adeniji is ranked 75th. So per PFF the issue is not at LG. What stock one places in PFF is of course a matter of opinion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 06:56 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I still wonder if Hopkins will be better next year being a another year removed from his ACL injury. I remember when Geno tore his he wasn't the same player the next year but then bounced back the following year.

Doubtful, even at his best prior to the injury, Hopkins could never drive a NT off of the ball in short yardage and still was just average in anchoring against them in pass pro.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 07:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Now I can buy this explanation for letting him comeback. However, hope it's a team friendly deal. Which, when noting that players want to play with Burrow, that may be possible.

I still stand by my comment that he and Williams have developed good chemistry, and that the addition of an actual dominant Center would make Spain look even better than he actually is.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Burrow has been sacked 50 plus times

We can’t score in red zone or make 3rd and one rushing
O line is not a top 15 o line or close to that.

O line needs to get same attention as d line the past 2 years.

Can you imagine burrow and mixon with a top 10 o line?
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 10:01 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Burrow has been sacked 50 plus times

We can’t score in red zone or make 3rd and one rushing
O line is not a top 15 o line or close to that.

O line needs to get same attention as d line the past 2 years.

Can you imagine burrow and mixon with a top 10 o line?

That's why I'm hoping we go hard in FA and the draft! We'll be UNSTOPPABLE!
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 05:56 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: We can do a lot worse than Quinton Spain when it comes to performance on the field, and he is a quality personality for the locker room. Make it happen.

Quinton Spain is a top 20 rated guard out of 64 starting guards - top 1/3 of NFL guards.  Definitely worth re-signing and addressing other areas along the line.  I think he is only 31 also so should have a couple more good years left.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 05:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There are better guards, but at what cost?
That's the real question.

He has been hurt last 2 yes, so at what cost do u want to sign a injury plagued 2 yrs
Reply/Quote
Bengals have 99 problems and Quinton Spain ain't 1
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
We need to sign Terron Armstead to play LT.
Trade up if needed to get © Tyler Linderbaum in the draft.
I think I am fine with Spain at LG for another year if the price is right.
If we can afford to Sign Riley Reiff to 1 year deal to play RG and be a backup RT
I think year 2 for Jackson Carmen/Dante Smith should show real growth and they will have opportunity to play.

LT - Armstead
LG - Spain
C - Linderbaum
RG - Reiff
RT - Williams

This provides multiple backups and should solidify the offensive line allowing weeks off for guys playing injured
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 09:11 PM)Joelist Wrote: Spain is per PFF the 21st best Guard in the NFL. So starter quality. Carman is ranked 62nd and Adeniji is ranked 75th. So per PFF the issue is not at LG. What stock one places in PFF is of course a matter of opinion.

I bet Mr. Spain's agent puts stock in it  Cry
Reply/Quote
I would hope we can sign Reiff to a team friendly contract because adding Armstead will cost a lot and we don't have that much room under the cap once you start giving raises to players like Bates, Uzomah, Eli Apple and Ogunjobi.

Even if you cut Waynes it will be tight depending oon what Bates and Uzomah get.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 02:11 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He has been hurt last 2 yes, so at what cost do u want to sign a injury plagued 2 yrs

How the hell was he “injury plagued” this year? He literally played in every game this season except for the last one against Cleveland when we rested our starters.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 10:57 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I would hope we can sign Reiff to a team friendly contract because adding Armstead will cost a lot and we don't have that much room under the cap once you start giving raises to players like Bates, Uzomah, Eli Apple and Ogunjobi.

Even if you cut Waynes it will be tight depending oon what Bates and Uzomah get.

Bring the hate but I'd let Bates walk to make vast improvements on the OL.  
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:03 AM)M.W. Wrote: Bring the hate but I'd let Bates walk to make vast improvements on the OL.  

No hate from me. You are just trying to improve the team. 

I understand why but my biggest problem with letting Bates/Uzomah go is team camaraderie. 

I think both Bates/Uzomah are worth the money but what are we willing to sacrifice by signing them.

You can't have everything. That is what I like about the salary cap.

Would also love to pick up Marshon Lattimore.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:22 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: No hate from me. You are just trying to improve the team. 

I understand why but my biggest problem with letting Bates/Uzomah go is team camaraderie. 

I think both Bates/Uzomah are worth the money but what are we willing to sacrifice by signing them.

You can't have everything. That is what I like about the salary cap.

Would also love to pick up Marshawn Lynch.

[Image: WAT.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: WAT.jpg]

I meant Marshon Lattimore.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2022, 11:22 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote:
Would also love to pick up Marshawn Lynch.

Man, he submarined his career.

[Image: th?id=OIP.5eOmpyQ7rvPaPWdR0UH81wAAAA&pid...=264&h=198] "appreciate you SuperBowlBound"
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote