Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question About The Riots.......
(06-03-2020, 04:31 AM)Benton Wrote: I don't think anyone is blaming the kid. It's not her fault her dad is a moron and the police in front of her don't know any deescalation methods.

Oh I know the child wasn't being blamed...the father was.  The cops certainly weren't being blamed.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Why on earth would you bring a small child to a protest that could become violent? After days of seeing the mayhem unfold on tv.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-03-2020, 09:02 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Why on earth would you bring a small child to a protest that could become violent? After days of seeing the mayhem unfold on tv.

Because, again, most of the protess were not violent and the photographer said this one was not until later.
(06-03-2020, 09:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: Because, again, most of the protess were not violent and the photographer said this one was not until later.

As a responsible parent how could you take the chance of the protest not turning violent ?
(06-03-2020, 09:29 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote:  As a responsible parent how could you take the chance of the protest not turning violent ?

Now we are in the realm of speculation.

1) The parents may not have had any other child care and felt moved to protest.
2) They may have wanted the child to witness history.
3) They may have believed the police could control a protest without turning it violent.
4) They made a personal choice that they could protect their child if things got out of hand.

I fall along the line of none of our business and the police should aim guns at children during the peaceful part of a protest instead of us saying they are bad parents. 

If I personally felt the protest was safe I would bring my child to see...with the idea that I could protect him.
(06-03-2020, 09:42 AM)GMDino Wrote: Now we are in the realm of speculation.

1) The parents may not have had any other child care and felt moved to protest.
2) They may have wanted the child to witness history.
3) They may have believed the police could control a protest without turning it violent.
4) They made a personal choice that they could protect their child if things got out of hand.

I fall along the line of none of our business and the police should aim guns at children during the peaceful part of a protest instead of us saying they are bad parents. 

If I personally felt the protest was safe I would bring my child to see...with the idea that I could protect him.

Speculations ass... Any parent with a thimble full of common sense would not take a chance like that guy did. The protest can turn in a second. 

If you can't get a babysitter then keep your butt at home. 

Parental rule no.1 - Never put your child in harms way or any situation that go in that direction.

Truly bewildering that anyone could defend this.
(06-03-2020, 09:51 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Speculations ass... Any parent with a thimble full of common sense would not take a chance like that guy did. The protest can turn in a second. 

If you can't get a babysitter then keep your butt at home. 

Parental rule no.1 - Never put your child in harms way or any situation that go in that direction.

Truly bewildering that anyone could defend this.

Pure speculation.  I showed where they were at a peaceful protest.  You and others are asking "what if" questions.  This is a historical time, open your mind to those who want to participate.

*IF* it had gone bad and the child was injured by the police then we can discuss the choice that was made.  You need more detials than "I wouldn't do it!!!"

I'm bewildered that people choose to discuss the *possible* motivations of the parent while ignore the definite actions of the police.
When he left his house with that baby to attend that protest. How did he know how it would end ?

And you tell me I'm speculating.
(06-03-2020, 10:01 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: When he left his house with that baby to attend that protest. How did he know how it would end ?

Another issue that the only person  defending (well another's really not condemning) the parent's actions in this cannot explain is why the parent is wearing a mask; while the child is not at an event where shouting is encouraged. All we can do it speculate about how we can blame Law Enforcement while absolving the adult caregiver. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

My question is why folks still shout 'Hands up, don't shoot". It was proven to be a lie in the case it gained popularity.

(06-03-2020, 10:01 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: When he left his house with that baby to attend that protest. How did he know how it would end ?

He didn't.  And I'm not speculating as to the reason why he brought his child, not my job.  And I know it was violent because the photographer said so.  And I know the officer had a gun pulled on them during the peaceful part of the protest.

So if he is a "bad parent" he got lucky it didn't go bad.  

And the police still aimed a gun at him.
(06-03-2020, 10:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: My question is why folks still shout 'Hands up, don't shoot". It was proven to be a lie in the case it gained popularity.

1) Not everyone reads enough to know that it wasn't true.  

Edit to add that people not reading enough and just going with what they "know" goes all ways.

2) Maybe because they hope the police won't shoot innocent, non-resisting people in the future.
On a side note I'm still not sure that selling/giving ur surplus military gear to Barney Fife and the boys is gonna work out in a positive way.

There's a reason Andy didn't let him have more than one bullet.
Speak of Powerful images. I though I'd share this from a Louisville officer:

[Image: 84448475_2885383378182953_25018220276277...e=5EFE2609]

Quote:Malliccaaii Green

June 1 at 10:16 AM · Public
Nahhh,, without this badge I’m a civilian,husband,chef,artist,fisherman,community leader! I’m the guy that got your back regardless of your frustrations towards bad COPS. I’m the same COP that told you there was a Wasp on your back?? I understand your frustrations brother, VENT. Just know without this badge I’m YOU, human. #bethechange #ShareDat

Overkill?  Or just picking the low hanging fruit?

I am fortunate that I will never have to protest in the streets because my child may be killed by their government because of their skin color. I will never have to have that talk with them.

Other parents do not have that privilege, however. They and their children have to worry about that. When you do not have to experience what they do, I can see how it would be easy to sit there and criticize a parent for allowing their child to engage in this incredibly important movement. The fact that many local governments have sought to escalate tensions rather than let voices be heard is a true failure.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-03-2020, 10:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: My question is why folks still shout 'Hands up, don't shoot". It was proven to be a lie in the case it gained popularity.

It was not "proven" because the grand jury that supposedly "proved " it was a complete joke.  It was conducted by a "prosecutor" who was basically acting as defense counsel for the accused.
(06-03-2020, 01:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It was not "proven" because the grand jury that supposedly "proved " it was a complete joke.  It was conducted by a "prosecutor" who was basically acting as defense counsel for the accused.
I'm surprised you disagree with the findings of AG Holder. 

It has been declared to be a false claim given eyewitness testimony and forensic evidence regardless of Fred's opinion on the matter. There was also a video of Michael Brown robbing a store and assaulting its clerk prior to his shooting.

George Floyd seemed like a good guy and his family has proven to be tremendous people. Why do folks want to associate this tragedy with the Michael Brown case? IMO it cheapens the issues and circumstances of the Floyd case. 

(06-03-2020, 01:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It has been declared to be a false claim given eyewitness testimony and forensic evidence regardless of Fred's opinion on the matter. There was also a video of Michael Brown robbing a store and assaulting its clerk prior to his shooting.

All the DOJ concluded was that there was not enough evidence to convict Wilson of a violation of Brown's civil rights.  There was zero forensic evidence regarding Brown holding up his hands and conflicting eyewitness testimony.

And none of this changes the fact that the Ferguson DA made a mockery of the Grand Jury proceedings in order to clear Wilson.
(06-03-2020, 04:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: All the DOJ concluded was that there was not enough evidence to convict Wilson of a violation of Brown's civil rights.  There was zero forensic evidence regarding Brown holding up his hands and conflicting eyewitness testimony.

And none of this changes the fact that the Ferguson DA made a mockery of the Grand Jury proceedings in order to clear Wilson.

And none of that changes the finding of "hand up" were found to be false in a court of law and supported by the Obama DOJ. If only the DOJ had FredToast on the team; Michael Brown could have gotten his justice. But in reality folks chanting "hands up, don't shoot" in support of George Floyd are chanting an assertion found in a court of law to be a lie. 

You and other can compare Floyd to a thug that was one camera robbing a store and assaulting a clerk. Personally, I think he deserves a little more respect.