Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Question For Pro-Choice People
(06-19-2019, 07:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That poster actually stated the fetus most likely would have an opinion. I know we don't like to use the actual meaning of words around here, but the phrasing does make a difference.

I used the actual meaning of your words.

I disagree that a fetus would most likely have an opinion because it is impossible for a fetus to have an opinion.  If something is impossible that means it is not "most likely".
(06-19-2019, 07:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What are your views on your mom not aborting you?

Since she wanted a child and was able to care for it I think she made the right choice.

What was your opinion when you were a fetus?
(06-20-2019, 11:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Since she wanted a child and was able to care for it I think she made the right choice.

Mine was that I wanted to live and grow, which is why I took in nutrients from my mother and grew inside her womb.  

Even when a living thing isn't "thinking" about doing something, it has the innate instincts and desire to survive and grow.

ThumbsUp
(06-20-2019, 11:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Since she wanted a child and was able to care for it I think she made the right choice.

I had none. I can only go by what they would want if allowed to mature to and age on consciousness by placing them in my shoes. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-20-2019, 12:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Mine was that I wanted to live and grow, which is why I took in nutrients from my mother and grew inside her womb.  

Even when a living thing isn't "thinking" about doing something, it has the innate instincts and desire to survive and grow.

ThumbsUp

I gotta admit often times I find you in Left Field, but every now and then you hit one out of the park. 

(06-20-2019, 12:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Mine was that I wanted to live and grow, which is why I took in nutrients from my mother and grew inside her womb.  

ThumbsUp

Sorry, but you can't have "desire" if you can't form a thought.  You can't "want" something if you can't form a thought.

Mold takes in nutrients and grows, but it has nothing to do with "want" or "desire".  It has no opinion on anything.

ThumbsUp

You described a parasite...not a human.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-20-2019, 01:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I had none. I can only go by what they would want if allowed to mature to and age on consciousness by placing them in my shoes. 

So a fetus would have that opinion if it was not a fetus?
(06-20-2019, 01:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry, but you can't have "desire" if you can't form a thought.  You can't "want" something if you can't form a thought.

Mold takes in nutrients and grows, but it has nothing to do with "want" or "desire".  It has no opinion on anything.

Typical Fred taking the meaning of a word out-of-context.

If you believe in evolution, which, at this point, I don't know how you can't, then you have to believe that even the smallest beings had a desire to grow and live.

The stomach can't form a thought, yet it has a desire to be filled with food and nutrients.
(06-20-2019, 05:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Typical Fred taking the meaning of a word out-of-context.

If you believe in evolution, which, at this point, I don't know how you can't, then you have to believe that even the smallest beings had a desire to grow and live.

The stomach can't form a thought, yet it has a desire to be filled with food and nutrients.

Are you okay with killing mold and bacteria?
(06-20-2019, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Are you okay with killing mold and bacteria?

Are the mold and bacteria you're talking about part of a human life? Will they ever become human?

You're fishing.

Desperate attempts.
(06-20-2019, 01:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So a fetus would have that opinion if it was not a fetus?

Yes. It just needs someone to advocate for them until they can. 

(06-20-2019, 06:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Are you okay with killing mold and bacteria?

I thought we had surpassed the mold and bacteria arguement quite some time ago. Unless there's new bacteria that can become a human being.  Then I'd probably be opposed to killing it. 

Well I guess I have changed everyone's mind on abortion so no need to go any further. Ninja

Seriously, when we start arguing about whether or not mold can have an opinion on abortion it is time to move on to something else.
(06-21-2019, 09:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Well I guess I have changed everyone's mind on abortion so no need to go any further. Ninja

Seriously, when we start arguing about whether or not mold can have an opinion on abortion it is time to move on to something else.

lol......   you're the one who brought that up and now you're trying to use it as an out because I was able to counter that ridiculous attempt at an argument!

Typical!
(06-21-2019, 03:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol......   you're the one who brought that up and now you're trying to use it as an out because I was able to counter that ridiculous attempt at an argument!

Typical!

Cold fusion, my man.  

Cold fusion. 
(06-20-2019, 08:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Are the mold and bacteria you're talking about part of a human life?  Will they ever become human?

You're fishing.

Desperate attempts.

eventually the atoms could become a human life.  

IF YOU WOULD ONLY GIVE THEM TIME!
(06-21-2019, 04:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Cold fusion, my man.  

Cold fusion. 

Another fail  ThumbsUp