Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about "reporting" posts
(03-09-2016, 05:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think fat guys handle that stuff better than most.

I stole a joke from someone about when I was called fat I'd look shocked and say "When did this happen?!?!  I was thin last night!!!"

Or I'd respond with "Really?  That's all you got?  I KNOW I'm fat....you wanna make fun of my hairy back too?"

Really throws them off when you can't be offended.  Smirk

Its a shame fat women aren't the same way. Then we wouldn't have to deal with all these fat chicks in lingerie because they are soo "beautiful" and have to show their bodies to millions to prove it.
(03-09-2016, 04:42 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: never done it, never would.  either don't care enough or am 100x more juvenile than matt, take the bait and fire back.  neither of those are the right way to go about things, but its the truth.

We disagree almost always. But I do respect the fact that you man up everytime.
Reporting posts is pretty weak. If you don't like what someone says then ignore them or move to another thread.

The only exception would be if someone was relentlessly going with obscene personal attacks to the point others were uncomfortable. .
(03-09-2016, 08:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Reporting posts is pretty weak.  If you don't like what someone says then ignore them or move to another thread.  

The only exception would be if someone was relentlessly going with obscene personal attacks to the point others were uncomfortable.   .

The report feature is there literally there so guys like me don't call guys like you names you don't like.

Why did you repeatedly call Pat a coward, the height of pussdome, to grow a pair, etc if your advice to yourself is to ignore people or move to a another thread?  Why insult Mat for ignoring you if your advice to yourself is to ignore others or move to another thread?
(03-09-2016, 06:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wow...physical threats?!?!

Even then I'd hesitate as a lot of internet tough guys make threats.

But why drop to that level in the first place?!?!

Yeah, I hesitated as I've never been a rat.
But the fellow being accosted was a good guy and you never know the resources someone may have in finding another.
I suppose I shouldn't be concerned with people on the internet, but I value friendship in all forms.
(03-09-2016, 08:42 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The report feature is there literally there so guys like me don't call guys like you names you don't like.

Why did you repeatedly call Pat a coward, the height of pussdome, to grow a pair, etc if your advice to yourself is to ignore people or move to a another thread?  Why insult Mat for ignoring you if your advice to yourself is to ignore others or move to another thread?

When anyone comes at me. I respond. Much like I did in your example. But I am fully aware not everyone is as strong as I am, maybe they aren't comfortable with themselves, maybe they lack the confidence. I don't know what anyones deal could possibly. That's why I give them the easy way out to save face and not look Weak in the process.
How come it's the same people in every thread that pick at each other.

EVERY DAMN THREAD!

Seriously, knock it off.
(03-09-2016, 10:18 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: How come it's the same people in every thread that pick at each other.

EVERY DAMN THREAD!

Seriously, knock it off.

[Image: Fotolia_54326536_XS.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-09-2016, 08:17 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Its a shame fat women aren't the same way. Then we wouldn't have to deal with all these fat chicks in lingerie because they are soo "beautiful" and have to show their bodies to millions to prove it.

I have no problem with them doing that either.

I won't take my shirt off in public but if someone has the confidence to do it...more power to 'em!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-09-2016, 04:46 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Oh, I do remember once, I think it was SSF or SCS or one of the Steelers fans on this board who gave me Neg Rep once. I thought it was funny because in the comment section was something about "Word Olympics", lol. I still can't figure out what he meant by it though since I know I'm no wordsmith or anything.

I can almost guarantee you it was SSF. Wink
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Bowing to the tradition set on the old board, I refuse to comment on particular bannings, suspensions, or restrictions to anyone outside of the person receiving it (although I must say that some of you need to clean out your PM cache so that I can PM you directly to tell you specifics of why something happened... eh hm). Be that as it may, if you receive a banning, suspension or restriction, it is solely for something you wrote and has nothing to do with anyone else. Regardless of what they might have said to you. In other words, worry about what you write and not what someone else wrote that you feel justifies your response. If someone writes something so egregious that makes you just want to call them out or foolishly respond with a personal comment or two, then that is something that you probably ought to be reporting.

We tolerate a lot of irreverence on this board because we don't have the sponsorship concerns that the old board had. And that has generally been a good thing. But there are certain things we will not tolerate. As I have said before, personal insinuations, attacks, etc. will not be accepted. There have been some on-going 'things' between a handful of posters in this forum which have been allowed to fester for awhile. Those 'beefs' are derailing threads and ruining other peoples' posting experiences. This behavior will cease immediately, either voluntarily or by enforcement. I believe that the six people who have been most active in engaging in this behavior know who they are. They should be on notice that their posts are being monitored daily. If you are curious as to whether you are on that list or not, then PM me.
(03-09-2016, 09:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When anyone comes at me.  I respond.   Much like I did in your example.   But I am fully aware not everyone is as strong as I am, maybe they aren't comfortable with themselves, maybe they lack the confidence.    I don't know what anyones deal could possibly.    That's why I give them the easy way out to save face and not look Weak in the process.

You know what looks really weak to me?

A person who messes up and then is not man enough to admit he made a mistake, so instead he cries about the person who reported his screw up.

That is about as weak as it gets.

(03-10-2016, 01:33 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: We tolerate a lot of irreverence on this board because we don't have the sponsorship concerns that the old board had. And that has generally been a good thing. But there are certain things we will not tolerate. As I have said before, personal insinuations, attacks, etc. will not be accepted. There have been some on-going 'things' between a handful of posters in this forum which have been allowed to fester for awhile. Those 'beefs' are derailing threads and ruining other peoples' posting experiences. This behavior will cease immediately, either voluntarily or by enforcement. I believe that the six people who have been most active in engaging in this behavior know who they are. They should be on notice that their posts are being monitored daily. If you are curious as to whether you are on that list or not, then PM me.

What do you mean you "six people"?

Us "six people" are a proud bunch and don't take kindly to your condescending tone toward our heritage and culture.

#StopTheHate #SafePlaceForSixPeople #TheModsAreNamists!
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
I am open about my distain on a particular post and choose not to report to mods. However, I guess you could consider open criticisim could be "reporting' if a mod reads it.

WTS, I have reported posts (3-4ish total), but never one becuase someone directed something at me. I have reported posts where I feel folks may have posted information that may "hurt' them such as sharing more personal information that required. The one I remember is that a member posted a photo of his license plate to prove idenity.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-10-2016, 11:38 AM)6andcounting Wrote: What do you mean you "six people"?

Us "six people" are a proud bunch and don't take kindly to your condescending tone toward our heritage and culture.

#StopTheHate #SafePlaceForSixPeople #TheModsAreNamists!

You all really miss me that much in Smack Talk, eh?

Tongue