Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Anti-Establishment Trump People
Does it bother any of you that the outsider you elected is surrounding himself with insiders? He has Pence as his running mate, Rudi, Christie and Newt all seem poised to have a position in his cabinet. If he's being influenced and taking advice from these guys how are things going to be different? He doesn't know how to run the white house so he's going to be leaning heavily on their support. If you guys want to throw out the establishment then why are guys like Mitch Mconnel (spelling.) getting elected over and over again?

Genuinely curious on what's going on in people's minds.
(11-11-2016, 11:14 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Genuinely curious on what's going in people's minds.

[Image: monkey-with-cymbals-o.gif]
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
I have zero issue with Trump surrounding himself with professional politicians; given, I never really cared much for the outsider approach, as he was never really treated as such.

As to Mitch (or you could have said Reid); I would say it is because states want the biggest voice in Congress. KY has 2 Military bases and they are a couple of the few that are not losing folks (actually gaining).
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-11-2016, 11:14 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Does it bother any of you that the outsider you elected is surrounding himself with insiders?  He has Pence as his running mate, Rudi, Christie and Newt all seem poised to have a position in his cabinet.  If he's being influenced and taking advice from these guys how are things going to be different? He doesn't know how to run the white house so he's going to be leaning heavily on their support. If you guys want to throw out the establishment then why are guys like Mitch Mconnel (spelling.) getting elected over and over again?

Genuinely curious on what's going on in people's minds.

Outside of Newt, were any of those guys in Washington D.C.? I don't know what people consider "insiders". Glad I could help.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Ok, here's how I see it.
Trump is a business man.
He will run it like a business. He's the one with the ideas and vision, he will delegate those ideas to the proper channels and let them come up with the budgets and details.
(11-11-2016, 01:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Outside of Newt, were any of those guys in Washington D.C.? I don't know what people consider "insiders". Glad I could help.  ThumbsUp

I always considered to be an insider and a part of the establishment as the same thing. I guess I'll re-phrase...

Does it bother you that the outsider that you elected is working so closely with politicians who have been established and had an influence in not making America great? Trump wanted to make America great again and he said his outsider approach would solve that. Considering he has no experience running a government position how is he going to run the country? He's going to be relying on his cabinet which is likely to consist of the same old politicians we've all known. I don't understand how that's change and that would bother me if I elected an outsider on the premise that established politicians ruined this country.

(11-11-2016, 01:58 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Ok, here's how I see it.
Trump is a business man.
He will run it like a business. He's the one with the ideas and vision, he will delegate those ideas to the proper channels and let them come up with the budgets and details.

Thanks for the input. I just wonder if his lack of government experience is going to leave him vulnerable to being manipulated by the established politicians he is siding with to promote their own vision rather then what Trump ran on.
(11-11-2016, 02:26 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I always considered to be an insider and a part of the establishment as the same thing. I guess I'll re-phrase...

Does it bother you that the outsider that you elected is working so closely with politicians who have been established and had an influence in not making America great? Trump wanted to make America great again and he said his outsider approach would solve that. Considering he has no experience running a government position how is he going to run the country? He's going to be relying on his cabinet which is likely to consist of the same old politicians we've all known. I don't understand how that's change and that would bother me if I elected an outsider on the premise that established politicians ruined this country.

Thanks for the input. I just wonder if his lack of government experience is going to leave him vulnerable to being manipulated by the established politicians he is siding with to promote their own vision rather then what Trump ran on.

Careful you're bias is showing. If you want to get into that, then we can go one by one thru the list.

As far as your question to me: I doubt Trump will allow them to manipulate him. He might give some concessions to get to his goals, but that could be considered finding a middle ground.
(11-11-2016, 03:03 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Careful you're bias is showing. If you want to get into that, then we can go one by one thru the list.

As far as your question to me: I doubt Trump will allow them to manipulate him. He might give some concessions to get to his goals, but that could be considered finding a middle ground.

I'm not trying to show a bias I was using Trumps words not my own. He's the one who has been saying the establishment ruined this country and that it was his job to make America great again. Doesn't the establishment apply across the board? Not just Dems or Republicans but all established politicians? I thought his supporters were un-happy with both sides.
(11-11-2016, 03:30 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I'm not trying to show a bias I was using Trumps words not my own. He's the one who has been saying the establishment ruined this country and that it was his job to make America great again. Doesn't the establishment apply across the board? Not just Dems or Republicans but all established politicians? I thought his supporters were un-happy with both sides.

Then I guess that goes back to the other question.
Of his Cabinet, how many have been in Washington?

I think he's going to have a mix. There's some good people in the system right now. But until it all shakes out, we have no idea who is going where.
Trump is a business man.

He is a businessman with a solid track record of bankrupting businesses. He will run it like a business. He will bankrupt America.

Now, that isn't just a funny or even mean thing to say. Many economists predicted a massive recession if Trump were elected.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(11-11-2016, 05:55 PM)xxlt Wrote: He is a businessman with a solid track record of bankrupting businesses. He will run it like a business. He will bankrupt America.

Now, that isn't just a funny or even mean thing to say. Many economists predicted a massive recession if Trump were elected.

Yeah, Trump will be the one to bankrupt America....and nothing to do with the $20T in debt already on the books.

And I have some bad news for you....the economy is not on solid enough ground to withstand any sort of recession, one which is almost inevitable in the next 4 years regardless of who won.  The current expansion may be lasting longer than normal because it's been much more tepid, and also boosted by extremely low interest rates.  The prior three expansions have lasted closer to an average of 7.5-8 years.
--------------------------------------------------------

(11-14-2016, 04:54 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Yeah, Trump will be the one to bankrupt America....and nothing to do with the $20T in debt already on the books.

And I have some bad news for you....the economy is not on solid enough ground to withstand any sort of recession, one which is almost inevitable in the next 4 years regardless of who won.  The current expansion may be lasting longer than normal because it's been much more tepid, and also boosted by extremely low interest rates.  The prior three expansions have lasted closer to an average of 7.5-8 years.

It has a lot to do with our current debt...and an economic plan that will do nothing but add to it.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-11-2016, 11:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I have zero issue with Trump surrounding himself with professional politicians; given, I never really cared much for the outsider approach, as he was never really treated as such.

As to Mitch (or you could have said Reid); I would say it is because states want the biggest voice in Congress. KY has 2 Military bases and they are a couple of the few that are not losing folks (actually gaining).
http://www.theleafchronicle.com/story/news/local/fort-campbell/2015/07/09/fort-campbell-reduced-troops/29906307/

and Mitch works his magic. Again.

hes like bizarro from the comics. Except instead of him being the opposite, his supporters believe the opposite of whatever he does.
(11-14-2016, 10:14 AM)GMDino Wrote: It has a lot to do with our current debt...and an economic plan that will do nothing but add to it.

Oh, nice to see you suddenly care about the debt after 8 years.

Is that you, Harry Reid?

(11-14-2016, 10:29 AM)Benton Wrote: http://www.theleafchronicle.com/story/news/local/fort-campbell/2015/07/09/fort-campbell-reduced-troops/29906307/

hes like bizarro from the comics. Except instead of him being the opposite, his supporters believe the opposite of whatever he does.

As I said: Mitch is good for KY. We will miss him when he's gone.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-14-2016, 01:58 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Oh, nice to see you suddenly care about the debt after 8 years.

Is that you, Harry Reid?

I've always cared.  It's the GOP that only cares when we have a Democrat as the POTUS.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-14-2016, 02:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: I've always cared.  It's the GOP that only cares when we have a Democrat as the POTUS.

I'll be damned, you ARE Harry Reid!!!

Trump is a business man.

Which is pretty much how every President has done it. For that matter, that's pretty much every congressman, governor and anyone else with hundreds of thousands of constituents. When you're electing someone, you elect their vision, but also the people they plan to carry it out.

The difference with Trump was lots of people believed him being a business man meant he would bring in people with new ideas instead of the same peanut gallery. So far, it's mostly just the same type of appointments we've seen for a few decades.
(11-14-2016, 10:29 AM)Benton Wrote: http://www.theleafchronicle.com/story/news/local/fort-campbell/2015/07/09/fort-campbell-reduced-troops/29906307/

That's why people hate Washington but keep re-electing their local politicians.
(11-14-2016, 02:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: I've always cared.  It's the GOP that only cares when we have a Democrat as the POTUS.

You got that right.  Cut taxes on the rich and increase military spending for decades, then blame Obama.

Some GOP do care, but their solution is to cut entitlements and social programs.

Trump may bring together the worst of both parties in the perfect storm--Tax cuts, higher military spending, and
domestic programs like an infrastructure bill. 

Maybe we can get Mexico to pay for our military?  Iraq has oil, why can't we take it?

What good are nukes if you don't use them?