Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Question for all you Pro Life people
(05-23-2019, 06:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Right.  That whole "Thou shalt not kill" rule is really just a suggestion.  Not really a moral code to live by or anything.

Obviously not nearly as important as political beliefs or the cost of oil or anything like that which justifies killing thousands of people.

Not like anyone ever made up their own mind about what was okay to kill over and just claimed God was cool with it.  No one ever did anything like that before.

It is interesting. "Thou shall not kill" is one of the Ten Commandments. As such, it was a law given for those who believe in Yahweh to follow: a personal directive on how to live their lives. Over time, it has come to be misconstrued as a law that Christians were supposed to enforce upon all people, in some cases by killing the other people. But there is nothing in the Bible that says for Jews or Christians to stop other people from killing each other.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(05-27-2019, 07:30 PM)hollodero Wrote: That is a blatantly unfair point to make.

Fred and many like him have that luxury. Every now and then I gotta give them one of these:

You can’t handle the truth! Fred we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it you? You Fred Toast? I have a greater responsibility that you can possibly fathom. You cry for rights and you curse the Combatants. You have the luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that my combat while ugly, probably saved lives; and my existence while grotesque, and incomprehensible, to you, saves lives. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about on message boards, you want me on that well, you need me on that wall! We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something, you use them as a punchline. I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself, to a man who rises and sleeps, under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and than questions the manner in which I provide them! I’d rather you just said ‘thank you’, and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn, what you think!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-27-2019, 08:07 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: It is interesting. "Thou shall not kill" is one of the Ten Commandments. As such, it was a law given for those who believe in Yahweh to follow: a personal directive on how to live their lives. Over time, it has come to be misconstrued as a law that Christians were supposed to enforce upon all people, in some cases by killing the other people. But there is nothing in the Bible that says for Jews or Christians to stop other people from killing each other.

All the 10, or even Jesus' later one, haven't fit into the approach many Christians have taken to spread the message. 

"Love thy neighbor, or we'll blow you the **** up."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]