Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Quinton Spain is visiting Cincy this week; likely to sign
(11-12-2020, 06:54 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You make the right move by bringing in a guy to help an under-performing unit, the guy shows he can do the job and do it well, and you go back to the guy who was underperforming... yup Bengals logic right there.

I can understand wanting to develop Jordan as a G, but he can develop in practice without going out there Sunday and killing your QB. You burned the first pick on a guy, why wouldn't you do everything possible to protect him?

I hope it is just Hobspin...
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 06:55 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think it’s pretty simple. Jim Turner is an idiot and Zac Turner just does whatever Jim tells him.

You would hope at some point Taylor would worry about his own job security and the health of the QB he drafted... I mean, he has to watch the film right??? How can he not look at the film and go, "Wow, our LG isn't getting pushed into Joe's lap at the snap."

(11-12-2020, 06:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I hope it is just Hobspin...

Maybe it is a giant smoke screen to confuse pitt??? Maybe... hopefully??? 

Sadly, the spin artist is usually right on these things.... which means, Spain will get annoyed here like he was in Buffalo.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 06:59 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You would hope at some point Taylor would worry about his own job security and the health of the QB he drafted... I mean, he has to watch the film right??? How can he not look at the film and go, "Wow, our LG isn't getting pushed into Joe's lap at the snap."

Maybe it is a giant smoke screen to confuse pitt??? Maybe... hopefully??? 

Sadly, the spin artist is usually right on these things.... which means, Spain will get annoyed here like he was in Buffalo.

Taylor doesn't seem like an idiot, even if so far he has been a loser.

Spain said he was happy to be here, keep him happy while he is helping us win games.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 06:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The saying, "what have you done for me lately" seems to be something you never comprehend Fred. Mellow

I comprehend it just fine.

That is exactly the reason so many people around here were so high on Westerman, Johnson, and Redmond.

So how did those guys work out?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 06:56 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What else matters??

His actual skill level.

All I am saying is that a lot of people around here have a very bad track record when they claim a player they watched for one game (or less) is awesome.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 08:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I comprehend it just fine.

That is exactly the reason so many people around here were so high on Westerman, Johnson, and Redmond.

None of those guys played for a solid to red hot Bills team. If he's good enough to win games there(not sure what his record is as a starter - probably decent), why wouldn't he be an improvement in one of the worst guard rooms in the league? It's not spin or fan drivel if there are games, stats, and film to back it up. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 08:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I comprehend it just fine.

I liked what I saw from Westerman in Preseason but in the real games he just couldn't cut it.

Spain has played very good in the real games for the Bills and played very well for us against the Titans, this is the point.
Reply/Quote
Can he play RT, because right now we don't have one....
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 09:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Can he play RT, because right now we don't have one....

I think the RT depth chart with Hart and Johnson out will be Adeniji, Sutherland, Hopkins.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 11:53 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think the RT depth chart with Hart and Johnson out will be Adeniji, Sutherland, Hopkins.

They could keep Adeniji at LT and swing Williams to RT, which he played in college.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 12:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They could keep Adeniji at LT and swing Williams to RT, which he played in college.

I’m fine with that, too. I’m just looking at where they had guys playing in training camp and I never read Williams playing anywhere but LT, while Adeniji got reps at every position, even center.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 12:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They could keep Adeniji at LT and swing Williams to RT, which he played in college.

If Jonah can't play, Adeniji plays LT and we really have no one left at RT. Don't know anything about Sutherland, but even Hopkins said he (Hopkins) sucked at tackle. I'm afraid it's going to be quite sickening watching DB Watt celebrate all day.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 02:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If Jonah can't play, Adeniji plays LT and we really have no one left at RT. Don't know anything about Sutherland, but even Hopkins said he (Hopkins) sucked at tackle. I'm afraid it's going to be quite sickening watching DB Watt celebrate all day.

They have Dugas, who just signed to PS.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 02:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If Jonah can't play, Adeniji plays LT and we really have no one left at RT. Don't know anything about Sutherland, but even Hopkins said he (Hopkins) sucked at tackle. I'm afraid it's going to be quite sickening watching DB Watt celebrate all day.

Sutherland did play some RT in college and has practiced there throughout his career. Yeah he’s probably not very good out there, but when you’re down to your 4th or 5th option why would you expect them to be. They just need to be competent and know the playbook. Whoever it is, give them help with a TE and RB on that side.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 03:12 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Sutherland did play some RT in college and has practiced there throughout his career. Yeah he’s probably not very good out there, but when you’re down to your 4th or 5th option why would you expect them to be. They just need to be competent and know the playbook. Whoever it is, give them help with a TE and RB on that side.

Sample, Carter and Schreck need to be chipping that is for damn sure or that D will feast on Burrow.

The biggest concern for me is if the coaching staff is actually serious about starting MJ over Spain...

If they are that stupid we simply need new coaches cause we are screwed until we get some new ones.
Reply/Quote