Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R U Steeler Guys freaking out over the thought?
It's the women of Pittsburgh that should be freaking out if Ben retires. More time to prowl the local bathrooms. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 05:29 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: No he wasn't.

Never was, never will be.

Spin it however you want, time has proven us Steelers fans right.

In 2005, he was.   It went to hell right after that.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 03:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that's when you guys were saying he was great after the first superbowl win where he basically just handed the ball off...

He admittedly sucked in that game, but was pretty spectacular in the rest of the playoffs ... even made a game saving tackle. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 07:42 PM)McC Wrote: In 2005, he was.   It went to hell right after that.  

No he wasn't. After 2005 it became undeniable. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 02:31 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Like...after we draft Reuben Foster and he and Burfict meet at Ben in the pocket for a career ending Malachi Crunch ?

Oh whoa.ez..me... how could you wish such a thing ?
Ninja

Woe.  Whoa is what you say to your horse. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 08:10 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: He admittedly sucked in that game, but was pretty spectacular in the rest of the playoffs ... even made a game saving tackle. 

He did have a really good playoff run up until the SB. 

Cincinnati:
[Image: ben1.jpg]

Indianapolis:
[Image: ben2.jpg]

Denver:
[Image: ben3.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 08:13 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Woe.  Whoa is what you say to your horse. 

C'mon over, I'll show you my horse, and you can try to find a way to stop it.
Ninja

It was misspelled for exaggeration, ya parsnip twit !
Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 10:16 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Not really, but whether he retires this year or not, his eventual retirement is inevitable, so there's no sense getting worked up either way.

I have to chuckle a bit, though, because I remember when Bengal fans used to argue against Ben's legitimacy as a great QB (especially when compared to the almighty Carson). Now, they're trying to get us to lament over how disastrous his retirement would be.
You don't think Ben has improved drastically since 2005 or so? If nothing else, he's improved numerically, and statistically since those days... No?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 11:38 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: C'mon over, I'll show you my horse, and you can try to find a way to stop it.
Ninja

It was misspelled for exaggeration
, ya parsnip twit !
Tongue

That's not a thing.  
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 12:01 AM)jason Wrote: You don't think Ben has improved drastically since 2005 or so? If nothing else, he's improved numerically, and statistically since those days... No?

Not the point.  
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 08:10 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: He admittedly sucked in that game, but was pretty spectacular in the rest of the playoffs ... even made a game saving tackle. 

He single handedly saved the rest of Bettis' life with that tackle.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 08:16 AM)McC Wrote: He single handedly saved the rest of Bettis' life with that tackle.

Unfortunately.

Rotund shitburger sandwich...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 05:29 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: No he wasn't.

Never was, never will be.

Spin it however you want, time has proven us Steelers fans right.

I don't think you understand the reality of the English language. Concept, maybe. But not reality.

In 2005 Carson was better than Ben. FULL STOP.

Overall, no. 

That's why when someone says "in 2005..." you can't come back with "time has proven us Steelers fans right." On another good team, Carson could have been a HOFer.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 10:16 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I have to chuckle a bit, though, because I remember when Bengal fans used to argue against Ben's legitimacy as a great QB (especially when compared to the almighty Carson).  Now, they're trying to get us to lament over how disastrous his retirement would be.  LOL

Yeah, it's pretty funny (and a bit silly i guess?) that someone would use a small sample size to point out what a game manager Ben was his first few years--with the Defense and running game carrying the Steelers--and then, when time has passed and it's become apparent that his play making ability has come through and won games for them; someone would change their tune. 

Super funny and shit. Not at all like a normal critical-thinking person would do. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 04:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It's the women of Pittsburgh that should be freaking out if Ben retires. More time to prowl the local bathrooms. 

Hi Nihomo. Is this where your wife hangs out wearing her DTF button? Is this why your bitter?
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 06:23 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Hi Nihomo. Is this where your wife hangs out wearing her DTF button? Is this why your bitter?
Which zinger did you add 1 minute after you originally posted? Was it the "*****" play on words, or the contradictory part about a wife?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 06:23 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Is this why your bitter?

(01-27-2017, 07:01 PM)jason Wrote: Which zinger did you add 1 minute after you originally posted? Was it the "*****" play on words, or the contradictory part about a wife?

He probably replaced the correct "you're" with the incorrect "your". You know, "because that crazy spell check gave me the wrong version again".

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 07:01 PM)jason Wrote: Which zinger did you add 1 minute after you originally posted? Was it the "*****" play on words, or the contradictory part about a wife?

Hi Jason. No zinger forgot to make the reply bold so that nerd would see it better. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 09:47 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Hey, we're +3 games from last season while the Bengals are -5.5 and the Browns -2

Yeah, but I think it has become clear that there are many areas the Ravens are lacking.

I pulled for you guys this year; you rarely have two bad seasons in a row. But you let me down.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 03:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote:  On another good team, Carson could have been a HOFer.

And that is the harsh reality of life.

Talent wise, Palmer just had more. His natural ability was amazing, the issue was where he landed. Stuck with a garbage O.C. and a H.C. that played not too lose instead of playing to win. If Palmer had hooked up with a guy like Arians as a rookie, he'd be one of the top QBs of his era. 

Talent only gets you so far in the league, bad coaching and poor decisions on players will end a career. Tim Couch is a good example of that, hell pretty much every QB that has gone to Cleveland and the factory of sadness had talent, but with no coaching and no consistency and a terrible roster there was no chance.

The rapist is a good QB, not saying he is untalented but getting coached up by Ken Whisenhunt and Bruce Arians for your first 8 or 9 years vs getting coached by Bob Bratkowski is the main reason Palmer doesn't blow all his numbers away.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote