Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RB Jamaal Williams
Let's hope Robinson falls to the Lions in the draft and they don't re-sign Williams so we can sign him.

He signed a two-year deal with the lions for only 6 million total and he's a solid pass blocker: his pass blocking grade was 72 last year, Mixon's was 34, and Perine's was 73, but Williams was graded in the high 80s in Green Bay before he went to Detroit.

He had over a thousand yards last season and averaged 4.1 YPC.

We're apparently one of three main teams that's interested in him and his expected contract is around two years at 8.4 million total, so that's a big relief from Mixon and Williams can pass block.

SIGN HIM!
Reply/Quote
He's back to Detroit.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 07:35 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: He's back to Detroit.

Not yet and that's why I'm hoping the Lions draft Robinson.
Reply/Quote
I would rather have D'Andre Swift from Detriot. He managed 5.5 yards a carry behind the same line Williams averged just 4.1. Williams might be better in pass protection than Mixon but he isnt as good running the ball. Yes I know Mixon averaged 0.2 less yards a carry but Williams had a better line. I dont think its a good idea to spend 4 million per year on Williams
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 07:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Let's hope Robinson falls to the Lions in the draft and they don't re-sign Williams so we can sign him.

He signed a two-year deal with the lions for only 6 million total and he's a solid pass blocker: his pass blocking grade was 72 last year, Mixon's was 34, and Perine's was 73, but Williams was graded in the high 80s in Green Bay before he went to Detroit.

He had over a thousand yards last season and averaged 4.1 YPC.

We're apparently one of three main teams that's interested in him and his expected contract is around two years at 8.4 million total, so that's a big relief from Mixon and Williams can pass block.

SIGN HIM!

Seems a bit steep, was hearing a more fair deal for Jamaal before. But this is more likely now that Samaje is gone.

We don't have much pass pro help with just Trayveon showing a few good blocks last year. Mixon is terrible in pass pro, so this is a need.

(03-14-2023, 08:01 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I would rather have D'Andre Swift from Detriot.  He managed 5.5 yards a carry behind the same line Williams averged just 4.1.  Williams might be better in pass protection than Mixon but he isnt as good running the ball.  Yes I know Mixon averaged 0.2 less yards a carry but Williams had a better line.  I dont think its a good idea to spend 4 million per year on Williams

Yes, would rather have Swift, much more talented runner and a way better pass catcher, but he has had problems staying healthy.

But hey, that might mean we can get him for cheaper who knows. How does Swift pass block compared to Williams?
Reply/Quote
Lions just signed David Montgomery so I expect Jamaal Williams to sign somewhere soon.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 10:35 PM)Synric Wrote: Lions just signed David Montgomery so I expect Jamaal Williams to sign somewhere soon.

I wouldn't have minded Montgomery but I'll gladly take Williams.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 08:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Seems a bit steep, was hearing a more fair deal for Jamaal before. But this is more likely now that Samaje is gone.

We don't have much pass pro help with just Trayveon showing a few good blocks last year. Mixon is terrible in pass pro, so this is a need.

Yes, would rather have Swift, much more talented runner and a way better pass catcher, but he has had problems staying healthy.

But hey, that might mean we can get him for cheaper who knows. How does Swift pass block compared to Williams?

Swift isn't a FA this year.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 11:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Swift isn't a FA this year.

Thank god. Way to injury prone for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Bengals still in the mix.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/3/14/23640761/bengals-news-jamaal-williams-nfl-free-agent-rumors-2023?fbclid=IwAR0JsHWA2jm8w_iPYOo6kEBtRpVs0UjvEsqHlhsm6iatJnkeT8pTMwANqG8
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 11:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Swift isn't a FA this year.

I know.   I was doing a comparison highlighting the difference in yards per cary with Detroit top 2 RBs.  Swift with the same line had nearly a yard and a half more than Williams.  Williams can block well but he is mediocre running the ball.  Im not sure I would spend much money on him.  The fact Detroit went out and got David Montgomery instead of re-signing Williams should tell you something
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 11:58 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Bengals still in the mix.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/3/14/23640761/bengals-news-jamaal-williams-nfl-free-agent-rumors-2023?fbclid=IwAR0JsHWA2jm8w_iPYOo6kEBtRpVs0UjvEsqHlhsm6iatJnkeT8pTMwANqG8

The only thing a Jamaal Williams signing will do for me is, create a large yawn. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:07 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The only thing a Jamaal Williams signing will do for me is, create a large yawn. 

I'd rather get Miles Sanders the more I think about it.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:07 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The only thing a Jamaal Williams signing will do for me is, create a large yawn. 

He lead the league in rushing touchdowns with 17. Only Eckler had more total tds. YPC can be so overrated. Tougher sledding at the goal line. I'd much rather have a guy who can get me two yards when I need it, or punch the thing in, than a guy getting better aoc between the 20s and cannot give me the payoff. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:26 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: He lead the league in rushing touchdowns with 17. Only Eckler had more total tds. YPC can be so overrated. Tougher sledding at the goal line. I'd much rather have a guy who can get me two yards when I need it, or punch the thing in, than a guy getting better aoc between the 20s and cannot give me the payoff. 

The line had a bigger impact on his TDs than he did.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:38 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The line had a bigger impact on his TDs than he did.

Then why wasn't Swift running them in with his better ypc?  
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:50 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Then why wasn't Swift running them in with his better ypc?  

Because Williams was getting the majority of the goal line carries, i'd guess. Williams had 17 TDs last year and a combined 13 in the previous 5 years. 

He's an average back, at best, that won't improve with a worse offensive line. 

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Because Williams was getting the majority of the goal line carries, i'd guess. Williams had 17 TDs last year and a combined 13 in the previous 5 years. 

Williams is fine as a complimentary back who can carry the load if a more dynamic guy goes down.
I am surprised to see Perine get signed before Williams, as Williams has been the more productive guy.

I don't see Williams getting more than a 2-year deal, at least from the Bengals.
He turns 28 here in a few weeks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Williams is fine as a complimentary back who can carry the load if a more dynamic guy goes down.
I am surprised to see Perine get signed before Williams, as Williams has been the more productive guy.

I don't see Williams getting more than a 2-year deal, at least from the Bengals.
He turns 28 here in a few weeks.

That's it. He wouldn't be an upgrade to either Mixon or Perine. He'd just be filling a hole that was created. 

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Because Williams was getting the majority of the goal line carries, i'd guess. Williams had 17 TDs last year and a combined 13 in the previous 5 years. 

Williams led the league in goalline carries and it wasn't even close. Genuinely. If we look at carries from the one yard line, Williams had nearly double the amount than second place (17 vs. 9). He also scored 10 of his TDs from the one yard line. He had 21 carries and 13 TDs from the two yard line and in, 34 carries and 14 TDs from five yards and in. 

We can look at EPA to get a better idea of Williams' impact on the rushing game as a whole. He had a lower EPA than Joe Mixon. 
Reply/Quote