Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RB Jamaal Williams
(03-15-2023, 12:12 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Williams led the league in goalline carries and it wasn't even close. Genuinely. If we look at carries from the one yard line, Williams had nearly double the amount than second place (17 vs. 9). He also scored 10 of his TDs from the one yard line. He had 21 carries and 13 TDs from the two yard line and in, 34 carries and 14 TDs from five yards and in. 

We can look at EPA to get a better idea of Williams' impact on the rushing game as a whole. He had a lower EPA than Joe Mixon. 

Thanks for the #s. That's exactly what i would expect. If you feel like doing it, post the EPA. 

Nothing wrong with filling a hole, but no one should expect Williams to come in here and do better than Mixon and Perine have done the last couple years, just because he scored 17 times last year.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:13 AM)pulses Wrote: I'd rather get Miles Sanders the more I think about it.

Sanders is good, but you can’t expect him to duplicate his success here since he was running behind an awesome offensive line in Philly.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:13 AM)pulses Wrote: I'd rather get Miles Sanders the more I think about it.

Sanders would definitely be an upgrade. I'd like to see his EPA, compared to Mixon, Perine and Williams, as Goose alluded to before. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:19 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Sanders is good, but you can’t expect him to duplicate his success here since he was running behind an awesome offensive line in Philly.

He was, but he only has 4 years of wear and tear and he has a 5.0ypc for his career. He's better at passpro than Mixon is and he's pretty much equal to Mixon athletically. 

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Thanks for the #s. That's exactly what i would expect. If you feel like doing it, post the EPA. 

Nothing wrong with filling a hole, but no one should expect Williams to come in here and do better than Mixon and Perine have done the last couple years, just because he scored 17 times last year.

Plus didnt the Lions have the Highest paid OL last year?
Reply/Quote
I like James Robinson. All the dude does is make plays and still young at like 24.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Because Williams was getting the majority of the goal line carries, i'd guess. Williams had 17 TDs last year and a combined 13 in the previous 5 years. 

He's an average back, at best, that won't improve with a worse offensive line. 

Man, you missed the point entirely. 

I will connect the dots for you. 

1) Goal line backs get lower YPC/expected yards. 
2) Williams is a good short yardage back 
3) That's why he got those carries over Swift, despite the other guy having better nerd metrics. 
4) Him leading the league in goal line carries is a GOOD thing in my estimation. I value good short yardage backs. 

Feel free to disagree. Or attribute it to the line. I will gladly take the good blocking, 17 td, 1,000 yard back on my team. Now, I am not gonna pay him big money, but as part of a tandem? Yes, please. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:36 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Man, you missed the point entirely. 

3) That's why he got those carries over Swift, despite the other guy having better nerd metrics. 
4) Him leading the league in goal line carries is a GOOD thing in my estimation. I value good short yardage backs. 

Feel free to disagree. Or attribute it to the line. I will gladly take the good blocking, 17 td, 1,000 yard back on my team. Now, I am not gonna pay him big money, but as part of a tandem? Yes, please. 

Wow. Thanks for opening my eyes. I see the light now and i feel so much more football-smart. Mellow

The highlighted is all he is, as i said. Will fill a hole that was created but won't be an upgrade. Hence, yawn inducing. 

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:36 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Man, you missed the point entirely. 

Lost in your condescension is the fact that you are wrong on your evaluation of Williams. Lol. He's not a very good short yardage back. He just received those opportunities more often than anyone else, but he didn't necessarily produce better than everyone else. For instance, as a whole, Williams converted 68% of his rushes where there was less than or equal to one yard to go. League average was 74%. To put it into further perspective, Mixon converted 77% of his attempts. 

On rushes from the one yard line, Williams converted 59% of his rushes into TDs. League average was 58%. This is also behind a very, very good offensive line. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He was, but he only has 4 years of wear and tear and he has a 5.0ypc for his career. He's better at passpro than Mixon is and he's pretty much equal to Mixon athletically. 

At Penn State, Sanders had a lot of fumbles:  10 times (in 308 touches). I don't know how he has done with the Eagles in this regard, but as a Penn State fan, it always seemed he fumbled at the most inopportune times.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:05 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Lost in your condescension is the fact that you are wrong on your evaluation of Williams. Lol. He's not a very good short yardage back. He just received those opportunities more often than anyone else, but he didn't necessarily produce better than everyone else. For instance, as a whole, Williams converted 68% of his rushes where there was less than or equal to one yard to go. League average was 74%. To put it into further perspective, Mixon converted 77% of his attempts. 

On rushes from the one yard line, Williams converted 59% of his rushes into TDs. League average was 58%. This is also behind a very, very good offensive line. 

[Image: drop-the-mic-mic-drop.gif]

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 12:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He was, but he only has 4 years of wear and tear and he has a 5.0ypc for his career. He's better at passpro than Mixon is and he's pretty much equal to Mixon athletically. 

Sounds good to me, I like Miles Sanders more than Jamaal as well. We were just mentioned with Jamaal.

(03-15-2023, 12:27 PM)Synric Wrote: I like James Robinson. All the dude does is make plays and still young at like 24.

Another great thought.

(03-15-2023, 01:05 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Lost in your condescension is the fact that you are wrong on your evaluation of Williams. Lol. He's not a very good short yardage back. He just received those opportunities more often than anyone else, but he didn't necessarily produce better than everyone else. For instance, as a whole, Williams converted 68% of his rushes where there was less than or equal to one yard to go. League average was 74%. To put it into further perspective, Mixon converted 77% of his attempts. 

Made me think twice on Jamaal not going to lie.
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1636140168615698433?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
He's going to the Saints. Dammit, you we're supposed to join Who DEY, not Who Dat.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:31 PM)Nepa Wrote: At Penn State, Sanders had a lot of fumbles:  10 times (in 308 touches). I don't know how he has done with the Eagles in this regard, but as a Penn State fan, it always seemed he fumbled at the most inopportune times.

Sanders has 8 fumbles in 4 years at 739 carries. Only 2 the last 2 years tho.
Reply/Quote
They guranteed 8 of 12 million on a 28 year old HB…that was bold of them.
Reply/Quote
Both Williams and Sanders gone. Sanders to the Panthers.
Reply/Quote
When you take age into account...Singletary and Robinson probably the best RB fits for the Bengals of who's left.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 08:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: When you take age into account...Singletary and Robinson probably the best RB fits for the Bengals of who's left.

Singletary and I also like Alexander Mattison.
Reply/Quote
Is it out of the realm of possibility the Bengals keep Mixon and draft a guy to be the RB2 with a plan for that draft pick to take over as the starter after this year or next?
Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

As Joe Goodberry said, Bengals aren't willing/able to give out the guaranteed money and/or years that some of these guys are getting from other teams. Gotta save every penny in that piggy bank for Burrow I guess.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 10:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Is it out of the realm of possibility the Bengals keep Mixon and draft a guy to be the RB2 with a plan for that draft pick to take over as the starter after this year or next?
Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

As Joe Goodberry said, Bengals aren't willing/able to give out the guaranteed money and/or years that some of these guys are getting from other teams. Gotta save every penny in that piggy bank for Burrow I guess.

I just dont think the Bengals have the resources to guarantee that much money to all these different players.  When you guarantee these contracts that money has to be in an account.  The Brown family is not one of these super wealthy families where they have all this cash lying around
Reply/Quote