Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RB Jamaal Williams
(03-15-2023, 08:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: When you take age into account...Singletary and Robinson probably the best RB fits for the Bengals of who's left.

In case you weren't aware yet, as the bearer of bad news, Robinson signed with NE.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 08:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: When you take age into account...Singletary and Robinson probably the best RB fits for the Bengals of who's left.

Robinson now gone. Patriots signed running back James Robinson to a two-year deal worth a maximum $8 million.
Reply/Quote
So we should just expect that it's going to be Mixon, Williams and whoever they draft. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So we should just expect that it's going to be Mixon, Williams and whoever they draft. 
And Evans.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So we should just expect that it's going to be Mixon, Williams and whoever they draft. 

KC hit on a round 7 RB last year (pick 251)  He made their 1st round running back expendable now and he is a bargain for next 2 years.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: KC hit on a round 7 RB last year (pick 251)  He made their 1st round running back expendable now and he is a bargain for next 2 years.

I think they'll target Charbonnet or Spears or Abanikanda.....they met with all 3 I believe.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 09:10 PM)pulses Wrote: Singletary and I also like Alexander Mattison.

Alexander Mattison is a sneaky good signing if we made it. Guy plays good when Cook is out.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:52 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Alexander Mattison is a sneaky good signing if we made it. Guy plays good when Cook is out.

yep and spotrac has his value at 2.2 million.....get him here.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:06 AM)pulses Wrote: yep and spotrac has his value at 2.2 million.....get him here.

Apparently he resigned with the Vikings. 2 years 7 million. Higher than that value, but I think it would have been a pretty good deal. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:14 PM)pulses Wrote: And Evans.

It's weird how little they've thrown him out there. I'm almost thinking that depending on the rest of FA and the draft, he's gonna end up being cut. 

Also, i'd like Mixon so much more if he was making 5-6M per year...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 02:13 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's weird how little they've thrown him out there. I'm almost thinking that depending on the rest of FA and the draft, he's gonna end up being cut. 

I still think Mixon will be cut come June 1st. And you're right depending on how the draft goes and FA they may cut him. He hasn't had a fair chance but that's how it goes in the NFL sometimes.
Reply/Quote
Jamaal Williams running for 2.7 YPC with 0 TDs in New Orleans.

David Montgomery steps into his role in Detroit with 4.2 YPC and has 6 rushing TDs in 4 games with at least 1 TD in every game.

Detroit just has a very good OL that can clearly get whomever they have back there some TDs. Montgomery is 2 TDs away from a single season career high. Glad we didn't fall for the illusion of Williams' high TD total in 2022.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 02:13 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's weird how little they've thrown him out there. I'm almost thinking that depending on the rest of FA and the draft, he's gonna end up being cut. 

Well, it seems like you made that to be a true prediction.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2023, 01:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jamaal Williams running for 2.7 YPC with 0 TDs in New Orleans.

David Montgomery steps into his role in Detroit with 4.2 YPC and has 6 rushing TDs in 4 games with at least 1 TD in every game.

Detroit just has a very good OL that can clearly get whomever they have back there some TDs. Montgomery is 2 TDs away from a single season career high. Glad we didn't fall for the illusion of Williams' high TD total in 2022.

Yeah, I was wrong about wanting Jamaal I guess, but it was mostly for his pass protection where we have still struggled.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2023, 02:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I was wrong about wanting Jamaal I guess, but it was mostly for his pass protection where we have still struggled.

To be fair to him, he's played in 2 whole games and had 27 whopping carries for that 2.7 YPC before going on IR with a hamstring injury. It's not like it has been sustained sub-par play, it was 2 games and a pulled hammy. 

Plenty of HB's have had a lousy 27 carry or 2 game stretch, if he was still sitting under 3 YPC after 5-6 games and double digit carries a game? Then yeah, but this is way too small a sample size. If that hamstring was bothering him prior to going on IR, that could also partially explain things. 
Reply/Quote