Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REDS AUGUST GAME THREAD
Well Brewers lost which puts us 6 back. Bad news is Padres just blew open the game in the bottom of the 8th so likely staying 2.5 back of them.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
India may win ROY if he keeps it up.. That would be something, eh? Been awhile since the reds had a ROY..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2021, 12:54 AM)grampahol Wrote: India may win ROY if he keeps it up.. That would be something, eh? Been awhile since the reds had a ROY..

Great point.  He should run away with the NL Rookie of the Year.  But even more surprising is who should finish second.

Top NL OPS among rookies with enough at bats to qualify.

Jonathan India........ .871
Tyler Stephenson...  .790
Reply/Quote
Hopefully they will bring out the brooms today.
Reply/Quote
Sims activated from the IL and Brach put on 10 day IL with shoulder impingement.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/08/reds-activate-lucas-sims-place-brad-brach-on-il.html
Reply/Quote
Bench Suarez, score 10.5 runs per game is what the last two games taught me.

I'm sure there's no small sample size to worry about with that. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
SWEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Brewers lose again! Reds only 5 back now!
Reply/Quote
Went to my first game since before the pandemic today. Glad I got to see a W. The Pirates really are atrocious, but the Reds did what they were supposed to do.

Reply/Quote
Gutierrez is one of the hottest pitchers in MLB over last 7 days, 15 days and 30 days. A Great Fantasy League Add On. So is Moose if he is out there due to injuries. Reds plan to play Moose a lot, don't look at his awful season stats. He could be big for Reds down the stretch.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Reds Live just showed . . . over the last 13 games, the Reds starters are 10-0 with a 2.86 ERA. The 10 game starter winning streak is the longest since May of 2013 (Latos, Arroyo, Bailey, Leake and Cueto).
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Now they've probably jinxed them.
Reply/Quote
Well this is over. Castillo getting rocked and the offense getting owned by Cleveland's freaking bullpen. Just sickening.
Reply/Quote
Rough day for Castillo.

Reply/Quote
Lose a game because you walk a guy with bases loaded after getting ahead of him 0-2. Granted Hembree started the mess and should be the one packing his bags when Antone comes back, but still that crap can't happen.
Reply/Quote
Will never win anything of note with David Bell as manager.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2021, 11:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Will never win anything of note with David Bell as manager.

The guy has absolute zero feel for the game. All he knows is what the numbers and percentages tell him in match ups. I hate watching him make obvious mistakes and burn through his roster almost every game. That's how you get Wade Miley pinch hitting in the 11th inning, not the 14th or 15th inning. The 11th inning. Jim Riggleman would have done much better with this roster. He's vanilla and predictable but he was the best manager the Reds have had since Jack McKeon.

I'm getting sick of watching Heath Hembree going through his strange back stretching exercise routine in between pitches, most of which wind up out of the strike zone. It always seems like he takes a half hour to deliver 20 pitches. And Garrett is passed the point of "he has a lot of potential to be really good". Send his ass down and let him focus on throwing strikes for another year or just drop him.

Garrett's ERA
2017 - 7.39 . . . WHIP of 1.61 - 14 starts, career high 70.2 innings . . . 23 HRs given up, about 1 homer every 3 innings
2018 - 4.29 . . . WHIP of 1.29 - HR every 8 innings - 63 innings
2019 - 3.21 . . . WHIP of 1.41 - HR every 8 innings - 56 innings
2020 - 2.45 . . . WHIP of 0.93 - HR every 4 or 5 innings - 18.1 innings in a slightly over 1/3 season sample size
2021 - 6.42 . . . WHIP of 1.69 - HR every 4 innings - 33.2 innings (in 47 games!) . . . I think that's part of why he walks so many people. He's been in the league long enough to know that his stuff is easy to hit.

Average MLB ERA from 2017-2020 is 4.35 and the 2017-2020 average WHIP is 1.32.
His career ERA is 5.10(almost 20% above league average) with a career WHIP of 1.44(almost 10% above league average).
A left handed Sal Romano. The old Bull Durham line . . . "A million dollar arm with a 5 cent head". Time to move on.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Hunter Green is setting em up and knocking em down.  He just set new records for +100 mph pitches in a game with 37 in 6.1 innings. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do to big league hitters .
https://www.redlegnation.com/2021/08/10/cincinnati-reds-prospect-hunter-greene-breaks-another-velocity-record/
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2021, 05:28 PM)grampahol Wrote: Hunter Green is setting em up and knocking em down.  He just set new records for +100 mph pitches in a game with 37 in 6.1 innings. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do to big league hitters .
https://www.redlegnation.com/2021/08/10/cincinnati-reds-prospect-hunter-greene-breaks-another-velocity-record/

He won't do much to big league hitters because David Bell will yank him out early and use Heath Hembree instead.   Ninja

Reply/Quote
Good news so far is SD is getting blanked by Miami 7-0 in the 9th.
Reply/Quote