Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RG3 in AFCN
They could give us fits this year. We will split.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 01:10 AM)jeremydc Wrote: They could give us fits this year. We will split.

Elaborate?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 11:37 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Elaborate?

Bungles.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 04:29 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Bungles.

If "Bungling" is what we did when we swept them last year to the tune of 68-13, then sweet.  ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully RG3 can stay healthy. AFC North is probably the worst division to go to defensively. Oh well, I wish him the best of luck in Cleveland.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 01:56 PM)kdgjr Wrote: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/03/robert_griffin_iii_agrees_to_terms_with_cleveland_browns.html

I think he's going to find the AFC North a much different kind of division than that NFC East.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 02:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh yea!!! RGIII with Hue Jackson... the one coach who can probably work with him.

Wonder how long it takes until Hue has him running the triple option.  This dude will be shattered by week three.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2016, 10:50 AM)McC Wrote: Wonder how long it takes until Hue has him running the triple option.  This dude will be shattered by week three.

Yeah he is going to have a hard time In The Division.... His rookie year he faced the AFCN and when we  faced them first that started his physical breakdown.  
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2016, 10:50 AM)McC Wrote: Wonder how long it takes until Hue has him running the triple option.  This dude will be shattered by week three.

Pretty much.

Good fit for an outside the box QB and a coach who likes to try non-traditional stuff. Bad fit for a new coach trying to overcome a team's second or third overhual in almost as many years and a quarterback who might set a new record for single season sacks if he survives long enough.
Reply/Quote
I think RGIII is the best QB the Browns have had in a long time. In 2013, he posted an 82.2 rating in 13 starts even while not at 100%. The Browns haven't had a QB start 13 games with an 82+ rating since Derek Anderson in 2007, when they went 10-6. And honestly, I think RGIII is better than what he showed that season.

As for how brittle he is, I'm not sure why people think he's made of glass. He's had one injury that caused him to miss time in his career. And fwiw, he has a respectable 87.2 rating against the AFCN, so it's not like our division killed him.

Do I think he's going to be a big success in Cleveland? I doubt it, but at least he's a respectable QB with upside. I'm more worried about our games against RGIII than I was about McCown.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 06:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think RGIII is the best QB the Browns have had in a long time.  In 2013, he posted an 82.2 rating in 13 starts even while not at 100%.  The Browns haven't had a QB start 13 games with an 82+ rating since Derek Anderson in 2007, when they went 10-6.  And honestly, I think RGIII is better than what he showed that season.

As for how brittle he is, I'm not sure why people think he's made of glass.  He's had one injury that caused him to miss time in his career.  And fwiw, he has a respectable 87.2 rating against the AFCN, so it's not like our division killed him.

Do I think he's going to be a big success in Cleveland? I doubt it, but at least he's a respectable QB with upside. I'm more worried about our games against RGIII than I was about McCown.

Yeah, not sure where the made of glass label came from. But I don't think their line is going to be very good. They've got some talented guys, but Thomas is the only guy with any experience and they're going to have to learn quick how to protect a quarterback that mobile. I'm really expecting some huge sack numbers against the Browns in the early part of the season.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 11:46 PM)Benton Wrote: Yeah, not sure where the made of glass label came from. But I don't think their line is going to be very good. They've got some talented guys, but Thomas is the only guy with any experience and they're going to have to learn quick how to protect a quarterback that mobile. I'm really expecting some huge sack numbers against the Browns in the early part of the season.

Fair enough. They do have some good young pieces on the line and elsewhere, but it's going to take some time for them to gel. It could be pretty ugly at first. I still can't believe they wound up with 14 draft picks, and they also picked up some extra good picks next year. Hue will have that roster completely turned over pretty quickly.

If I'm a Browns fan, I'd be very happy with Hue and the direction they're taking. They have to give it a few seasons though.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 12:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fair enough. They do have some good young pieces on the line and elsewhere, but it's going to take some time for them to gel. It could be pretty ugly at first. I still can't believe they wound up with 14 draft picks, and they also picked up some extra good picks next year. Hue will have that roster completely turned over pretty quickly.

If I'm a Browns fan, I'd be very happy with Hue and the direction they're taking. They have to give it a few seasons though.

Agreed. If ownership will be patient, they could be very good in a couple years. I know a lot of people are knocking the six WR picks, but I thought drafting several at once was pretty smart. Less of a "us versus them" in the locker room when everybody is starting out with the same blank page. If they do go QB next year, with having a young line, young corps and young QB, that may up the chances of everyone being on the same page.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 04:37 PM)Benton Wrote: Agreed. If ownership will be patient, they could be very good in a couple years. I know a lot of people are knocking the six WR picks, but I thought drafting several at once was pretty smart. Less of a "us versus them" in the locker room when everybody is starting out with the same blank page. If they do go QB next year, with having a young line, young corps and young QB, that may up the chances of everyone being on the same page.

Good points. Griffin is probably the perfect QB for them at the moment. It's clearly a rebuilding year, so it's worth taking a chance on a QB like him. If he works out, great. If not, they'll have another high pick to possibly land a franchise QB when the roster is in better shape. I was also a fan of taking several WRs. 

When you have 14 picks, taking 5 players at a position of weakness isn't a bad idea. For one, it allows Hue to fill the depth chart with his type of WRs. Secondly, you'd have to think a couple of those guys are going to really pan out. It should be a fun little competition to watch for the fans as well.
Reply/Quote