Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Harambe - a Cincy zoo gorilla
Humans are animals.
Reply/Quote
We are morning for an animal that we held captive. It is a tragedy; however, it may be getting a tiny bit out of hand. Remember when folks got all mad at that Dentist for hunting the Lion? Well that is this. You want to be truly mad about something goggle gorilla poaching.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 05:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is exactly why we need religion in our lives.   

Take it to PNR.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 06:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We are morning for an animal that we held captive. It is a tragedy; however, it may be getting a tiny bit out of hand. Remember when folks got all mad at that Dentist for hunting the Lion? Well that is this.  You want to be truly mad about something goggle gorilla poaching.

Totally agree on the poaching side.  But, why are we just giving these parents a free pass?  Aren't there consequences for being a shitty parent anymore?  Why is the burden of these shitty kids from shitty parents being shifted to society as a whole?  Just tired of it.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 06:45 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Totally agree on the poaching side.  But, why are we just giving these parents a free pass?  Aren't there consequences for being a shitty parent anymore?  Why is the burden of these shitty kids from shitty parents being shifted to society as a whole?  Just tired of it.

I mentioned earlier that we might be a little quick to convict the parent(s). I've heard mixed reports not being in the local area, but I've heard she was their with 4 children. At the very least she was trying to give them some enjoyment and perhaps education. If she were passed out drunk on the coach while her child played in the street; I could see it. I just think folks are being a tad too judgment a little too soon. 

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 06:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I mentioned earlier that we might be a little quick to convict the parent(s). I've heard mixed reports not being in the local area, but I've heard she was their with 4 children. At the very least she was trying to give them some enjoyment and perhaps education. If she were passed out drunk on the coach while her child played in the street; I could see it. I just think folks are being a tad too judgment a little too soon. 

It's a good point with the zoo, and maybe it is a quick judgement.  But if mommy can't watch all 4 kids, then mommy shouldn't have 4 kids in the first place.  The parents needs to be punished if for no other reason than having more kids than they are capable of controlling.  Its one thing to loose a kid in the grocery store.  Far different to loose one at the GORILLA EXHIBIT. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 06:33 PM)Beaker Wrote: Humans are animals.

So would you save your dog or a random human if both were drowning and you had to make a choice? 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 06:45 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Totally agree on the poaching side.  But, why are we just giving these parents a free pass?  Aren't there consequences for being a shitty parent anymore?  Why is the burden of these shitty kids from shitty parents being shifted to society as a whole?  Just tired of it.

Are you calling this kid crappy?    

As bfine posted the Mother had multiple kids there and sometimes kids run off.    How has society suffered because of this mother and her child?     Because we lost a gorilla?   That's not nearly as tragic as the millions of children who lose their life before being born.  

Now that is a tragedy of society.   
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 07:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Are you calling this kid crappy?    

As bfine posted the Mother had multiple kids there and sometimes kids run off.    How has society suffered because of this mother and her child?     Because we lost a gorilla?   That's not nearly as tragic as the millions of children who lose their life before being born.  

Now that is a tragedy of society.   

Your last statement is obviously a subject for PNR.  Please learn to abide by the rules. 

Society has suffered because now the rest of us cannot enjoy this majestic specimen because some people cannot fulfill their duties to watch after their children in dangerous situations.  Is the kid shitty?  Can't say for sure. But the shitapple usually doesn't fall far from the shittree. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 07:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So would you save your dog or a random human if both were drowning and you had to make a choice? 

I have the capability to save both, but if I was s lesser man, and this random adult never learned to swim, I'm saving MY dog.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 07:28 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Your last statement is obviously a subject for PNR.  Please learn to abide by the rules. 

Society has suffered because now the rest of us cannot enjoy this majestic specimen because some people cannot fulfill their duties to watch after their children in dangerous situations.  Is the kid shitty?  Can't say for sure. But the shitapple usually doesn't fall far from the shittree. 

Yep. If she was there with multiple kids, she obviously had one too many.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 07:31 PM)jason Wrote: Yep. If she was there with multiple kids, she obviously had one too many.

And sometimes kids die because of the stupidity of their parents. Like when kids find loaded guns.  But I guess that's not the parents fault either. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 07:29 PM)jason Wrote: I have the capability to save both, but if I was s lesser man, and this random adult never learned to swim, I'm saving MY dog.

What?  RESPONSIBILITY?  

Yeah. Random person, never learns to swim, then puts himself in a situation where he could drown. And that's apparently now your responsibility.  Good luck applying that logic elsewhere with some of these nut jobs. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 07:28 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Society has suffered because now the rest of us cannot enjoy this majestic specimen because some people cannot fulfill their duties to watch after their children in dangerous situations.  Is the kid shitty?  Can't say for sure. But the shitapple usually doesn't fall far from the shittree. 

So you mean we can no longer keep this animal caged and exploit him? 

Brings to mind a question someone once posed in this forums: Would you rather lose your life or your freedom?

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 07:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you mean we can no longer keep this animal caged and exploit him? 

Brings to mind a question someone once posed in this forums: Would you rather lose your life or your freedom?

Again, completely agree with the exploitation aspect.  Not sure what this gorillas situation was previous to being in this zoo, so can't comment too much on that. 

But allowing the public to experience these creatures surely has an overall positive influence on humans relationship with nature, imho. 
Reply/Quote

I can remember being young, and attempting to wander off.  All it took was one of my father's fingers, to touch my shoulder, and I knew better than to drift away.  So, yes I agree that the shitty parents should be held responsible.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can remember being young, and attempting to wander off.  All it took was one of my father's fingers, to touch my shoulder, and I knew better than to drift away.  So, yes I agree that the shitty parents should be held responsible.

I remember my dads thick nubby potato picking fingers well. One of those to the top of the shoulder stopped me in my tracks.  Pretty simple if you plan your family correctly. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I can remember being young, and attempting to wander off.  All it took was one of my father's fingers, to touch my shoulder, and I knew better than to drift away.  So, yes I agree that the shitty parents should be held responsible.

Exactly like why the loss of fathers in the home is as big of a problem as it is today.   

We don't even know these parent(s) discipline style ...      It's low hanging fruit to call this lady a bad parent without knowing how she parents.    
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 07:28 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Your last statement is obviously a subject for PNR.  Please learn to abide by the rules. 

It's not the last gorilla.   And when was the last time you went to see this gorilla or any gorilla?   

Seems to me if you were this into animals why not take a vacation to live in the wild with the gorillas. 

You want to act like this is a crime.... But isn't it worse that you want to lock up this majestic specimen in a cage where humans can stare at them.    
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 07:46 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Again, completely agree with the exploitation aspect.  Not sure what this gorillas situation was previous to being in this zoo, so can't comment too much on that. 

But allowing the public to experience these creatures surely has an overall positive influence on humans relationship with nature, imho. 

He was in a Texas zoo.   

Don't worry Cincy zoo will order up another for you to not go see.
Reply/Quote